Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, it was a bonus, force would imply that it would be incredibly difficult to do the raids without valor gear which is retarded because alot of people did them in dungeon blues all the vlaor and charms did was slightly increase the time it took. you arent forced to get heroic gear to farm normal modes
    No it was not a bonus. It was forced because ALL THE OTHER ALTERNATIVES WERE SHITTIER. Lots of people doing it in dungeon blues doesn't make it less forced, hell even if you NEEDED the ivl you wouldn't be forced you could simple not raid. But that isn't the point. The alternative to not doing the daileis was potentially be subject to horrendous RNG, slow your raids progression down because you can't keep up with the guys who did the dailies, and get the gkick or not get the ginvite in the first place.

Calling it a bonus is a fucking joke. If it was a bonus, then it was a bonus you couldn't spend just from doing the activity you were doing. Like you needed the fucking daily rep to spend your bonus that you earned inside a raid. Can you imagine if you were awarded a bonus at work but your CEO told you to actually claim it you needed to be a Walmart greeter for a week.

they arent replacing dungeons with scenarios they are replacing dungeons with lfr
    That's even worse.

wrong, what would have rewarded you best is two tier pieces from sha, and tier from lfr then a FEW pieces of valor gear
    Are you dense or am I being trolled? First of all sha and lfr are totally RNG and didn't pay out in 5.0. I went WEEKS without a single fucking drop. It was shitty I got to the point where I asked myself sohguld I bother queing for LFR? I'm not gonna get jack shit anyway and I can't spend the fucking valor without doing dialies so what's the fucking point? Second of all OF COURSE I NEED THE VALOR GEAR because the first two you listed don't pay the fuck out for the time I invest in this game. I'm' glad you admitted that valor was the most rewarding HENCE FORCED play style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx16 View Post
    Everytime you see a Cloud Serpent you are seeing somebody who chose to rep a daily faction all the way to exalted for a cosmetic reward.
    In fairness, all the prestigious mounts in T14 raid content have also been cloud serpents, and you can't use them unless you grind out this faction. That said, the rep is a joke for alts with the commendation, exalted in like three days. And that was before this patch with the farming and dungeons. I wish they had added something like that for fucking Therazane, but again, at least Therazane had a rep tabard.

Also, is it really necessary to distinguish between the types of rewards? Personally, I did Molten Front, yeah... and I quit Molten Front after I got the hippogryph on my main. I still don't have a couple of the achievements because of the stupid RNG spawn NPCs you have to bomb/kill/whatever to get them.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    No you don't know that for a fact. Do you know how many people actually had epic flying in tbc? Furthermore do you know how many of them actually did netherwing? Your talking about a smaller group of a small group. In other words NOT ENOUGH FOR THE DEVELOPERS.
    Yes omg you're absolutely right! I must have been dreaming when there was server lag due to the amounts of farming and piles of dead npcs while waiting for them to spawn which a days worth of dailies for most on the server took 3-4 hours to do... Don't know what things were like on your server back then but don't you dare say I don't know when it actually happened, oh and if you want to talk numbers then take this as some, when around 1/2 the server is really good at making gold from profs and playing the AH and still have leftover gold to get master flying for their alts, then yeah thats a big thing. And 1 last thing dr McCoy, seriously go see a doctor as all of this anger and rage you're projecting on these forums really can't be good for your blood pressure.

[QUOTE=Leonard McCoy;20473112]No it was not a bonus. It was forced because ALL THE OTHER ALTERNATIVES WERE SHITTIER. QUOTE]

well damn... guess im forced to eat at fucking subway since its better then the sammich truck
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Yes omg you're absolutely right! I must have been dreaming when there was server lag due to the amounts of farming and piles of dead npcs while waiting for them to spawn which a days worth of dailies for most on the server took 3-4 hours to do... Don't know what things were like on your server back then but don't you dare say I don't know when it actually happened, oh and if you want to talk numbers then take this as some, when around 1/2 the server is really good at making gold from profs and playing the AH and still have leftover gold to get master flying for their alts, then yeah thats a big thing. And 1 last thing dr McCoy, seriously go see a doctor as all of this anger and rage you're projecting on these forums really can't be good for your blood pressure.
    You couldn't have possible known that was the cause of the server lag. LOL. Their could be a number of reasons the dead corpses are the least of it. You have no actual numbers or hard realities you just have fiction. Thanks it was a good laugh.

no, it was a bonus, force would imply that it would be incredibly difficult to do the raids without valor gear which is retarded because alot of people did them in dungeon blues all the vlaor and charms did was slightly increase the time it took. you arent forced to get heroic gear to farm normal modes
    However you are missing the fact for a lot of players it feels forced to them. While a lot of players did do raiding in heroic blues, a lot players aren't very good and need gear to make up for that bad play as McCoy pointed out. Everyone here says it "the majority of WoW players suck". For people who suck they need said gear. Also that gear does help out in progression. For me personally, if I see a upgrade that I need and I can get it by doing dailies, I will do it cause it is guaranteed upgrade, unless I get lucky and a raid piece drops. If I feel that way, I bet a ton of others due too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    In fairness, all the prestigious mounts in T14 raid content have also been cloud serpents, and you can't use them unless you grind out this faction. That said, the rep is a joke for alts with the commendation, exalted in like three days. And that was before this patch with the farming and dungeons. I wish they had added something like that for fucking Therazane, but again, at least Therazane had a rep tabard.

Also, is it really necessary to distinguish between the types of rewards? Personally, I did Molten Front, yeah... and I quit Molten Front after I got the hippogryph on my main. I still don't have a couple of the achievements because of the stupid RNG spawn NPCs you have to bomb/kill/whatever to get them.
    All I was saying is that people do reps for reason other than just gear. I am one of those people, nothing more.

[QUOTE=Immitis;20473127]
    No it was not a bonus. It was forced because ALL THE OTHER ALTERNATIVES WERE SHITTIER. QUOTE]

well damn... guess im forced to eat at fucking subway since its better then the sammich truck
    Actually yea theirs probably people who feel that way but that misses the point. The difference between you eating at the sandwhich truck and eating subway is negligible. I assume you like eating at both? Although you like subway better? So really your not loosing out if you eat at the sandwhich truck. however if you don't do dailies in the 5.0 land scape you were missing out big time. Not spending your valor is a shitty consequence of not doing dailies. The alternatives were all far worse and didn't reward your time as well. The better comparision would be forced to eat subway or a shit sandwhich. It's obviously a non choice.

I guess I ate the shit sandwhich then. I refused to do them and left the game. Well you get the idea anyway. The tax example is better. You could not pay your taxes, in fact lots of people didn't but theirs a price to pay for that. Most people if you asked them wether or not they were forced to pay taxes would probably say yes but you can choose not to pay them. The consequences just suck. Same for not doing dailies.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-10 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    However you are missing the fact for a lot of players it feels forced to them. While a lot of players did do raiding in heroic blues, a lot players aren't very good and need gear to make up for that bad play as McCoy pointed out. Everyone here says it "the majority of WoW players suck". For people who suck they need said gear. Also that gear does help out in progression. For me personally, if I see a upgrade that I need and I can get it by doing dailies, I will do it cause it is guaranteed upgrade, unless I get lucky and a raid piece drops. If I feel that way, I bet a ton of others due too.
    thats a personal problem and just because a raider feels like they need the gear doesnt mean that casuals should have it taken from them. if blizzard had gone through with their original plans to remove valor gear entirely instead of making valor gear an extra onus for casuals no raider would be up here saying they feel "forced" to do them
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Unfortunately, with the amount of crying from the community about the dungeons and their difficulty with the launch of cataclysm, i honestly do not think they will put any extra effort into dungeons once they've made the 5 or so for release per xpac. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but when cata came out and i started queueing or forming groups for dungeons, i was nervous and anxious about being able to heal enough to get my group through the dungeons and felt so good when we did get through them.

That feeling did not exist at all with the MoP dungeons. They were all fairly bland and boring and as others have said, noone really does them anymore unless they're on fresh 90 alts or are brand new players. So realistically, why bother developing more when those who like to raid will just raid for their VP/gear?

thats a personal problem and just because a raider feels like they need the gear doesnt mean that casuals should have it taken from them. if blizzard had gone through with their original plans to remove valor gear entirely instead of making valor gear an extra onus for casuals no raider would be up here saying they feel "forced" to do them
    THANK YOU. LOL I mean you just said it there. If they removed the gear NOBODY WOULD BE FORCED TO DO IT and subsequently FEWER PEOPLE WOULD. See because the terms "compelling" and "forced" are really interchangable. Blizzard calls it "compelling" because of the reward behind it. But if that reward were gone then people wouldn't feel forced and it would be less "compelling". That's why the gear stays behind it. I WISH they had removed it honestly. So fewer people would od dailies and this game would tank faster. Notice I don't think dailies are good for casuals either. I think their about the least friendly form of casual content out there and even casuals like to progress and get rewarded for their time. Rewarding dungeons are much better at doing that then dailies. Even with bad groups.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Unfortunately, with the amount of crying from the community about the dungeons and their difficulty with the launch of cataclysm, i honestly do not think they will put any extra effort into dungeons once they've made the 5 or so for release per xpac. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but when cata came out and i started queueing or forming groups for dungeons, i was nervous and anxious about being able to heal enough to get my group through the dungeons and felt so good when we did get through them.

That feeling did not exist at all with the MoP dungeons. They were all fairly bland and boring and as others have said, noone really does them anymore unless they're on fresh 90 alts or are brand new players. So realistically, why bother developing more when those who like to raid will just raid for their VP/gear?
    I had just started healing in ICC and that's exactly how I felt when cata came out. It was great. Now I guess I heal what? daily quests? lfr?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-10 at 11:31 AM.

THANK YOU. LOL I mean you just said it there. If they removed the gear NOBODY WOULD BE FORCED TO DO IT and subsequently FEWER PEOPLE WOULD. See because the terms "compelling" and "forced" are really interchangable. Blizzard calls it "compelling" because of the reward behind it. But if that reward were gone then people wouldn't feel forced and it would be less "compelling". That's why the gear stays behind it. I WISH they had removed it honestly. So fewer people would od dailies and this game would tank faster.
    so now you are saying casuals shouldnt be able to get any gear?

so now you are saying casuals shouldnt be able to get any gear?
    No they should get it in dungeons. Dailies are the least casual content I can think of. Short of maybe heroic raids. Their slow, grindy, not very rewarding, you can never "catch up" for a missed daily, they subject you to forces from the other faction who will camp you and be dicks, the mobs take forever to kill, playing tanks and healers is unforgiving, in every sense they are poor content for casuals.

No they should get it in dungeons. Dailies are the least casual content I can think of. Their slow, grindy, not very rewarding, you can never "catch up" for a missed daily, they subject you to forces from the other faction who will camp you and be dicks, in every sense they are poor content for casuals.
    but if they had went through with their original plan it would be the exact same only there wouldnt be extra gear. you would just wait till 5.2 and use the saved up valor for upgrading you would then be forced to run lfr and normal raids in dungeon blues and lfr gear

Deleted
    Yes I claim nobody asked for them because it's elementary logic. If NOBODY or next to nobody was doing the dailies before why in gods name does BLizzard think it was the more content people were asking for? That's just fucking stupid. Appreciated and enjoy are funny terms, I would say alot of people are forced to do them who would otherwise never do them. That doesn't make my point moot, it just makes it beyond your comprehension that people don't lke the same thing you do. I never recall hearing anybody ever bitch about dungeons until they got to hard. I agree Blizzard should only make dungeons, daily quests are a side thing they can do whenever they have time. THey should be a low priority, not the main focus of this expansion.

Yes you don't understand because no matter how I explain it to you you don't get it. Your stuck wallowing in daily content and can't understand how anybody wouldn't be happy with the shit being shovelled our way. Dungeons equip with you a full set of sub par armor. Lot's of things equip you would sub par armor. I could go to a vendor and buy the armor, in fact they may as well just do that. Get rid of the dungeons entirely because under this reward structure they don't fit at all. I understand why thy wont release more dungeons but it's bullshit because well this reward paradigm is bullshit.

I havn't outgrown the fucking game, the game just jumped the shark and did shit I don't agree with. I say bring back dungeons and the full reward and then you can move on.

I don't fucking care how many people they hire, that's not my concern. My concern is that content that I liked doing in the game play style that I liked doing it in is no longer being supported by the developers but you daily people get it out the ass and in spades. Can you imagine if they said tmmrw hey guys were not supporting dialy content with more dailies? You people would be fucking livid. Of course I get told to move onto other games because you can't get it how people don't like your precious fucking dailies or this whole fucking matra of "go slow" but their it is. The game will bleed subs and it has NOTHING to do with how old the game is. That's just horse shit people on forums have come up with because they know decline is inevitable with this group of developers. The game is old yea the game also gets updated with patches every month. So changes happen all the fucking time. Just the wrong ones have been happening in mists.

You won't miss me now but when Blizzard abandons your fucking dialy questing bullshit in the next expansion you needn't ask why it happened.
    You are the one who doesn't understand that there are those who enjoy other content outside of dungeons. No matter what you think, the game doesn't revolve around you. In no way is dungeons the only content Blizzard needs to make, nor would I want them to. I don't want them removed either though, they serve their purpose, but they really don't need to make any new ones after expansion launches.

Dungeons equip you with equipment good enough to enter LFR, LFR equips you with the best gear outside of raiding, you really shouldn't even try to ask for more than that. You claim dungeons aren't rewarding enough, yet somehow I feel you wouldn't be satisfied until they reward heroic raiding gear because dungeons is the only thing you enjoy doing. That won't ever happen, which I'm really glad over. Dungeons are dungeons, their rewards SHOULD be sub-par.

You act like you're the first person to be "betrayed" by Blizzard for changing direction. Believe it or not, but there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people who have felt the same way with other things. If you no longer agree with their direction of the game, then you have pretty much outgrown it.

I highly doubt Blizzard will abandon the daily quests, considering they continue to put a lot of work and lore into them, and a lot of people seem to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The fact that right now the best way to gear up a new character for future PvE content, by doing PvE content, is to amass huge quantities of Justice points and convert them to Honor at a 34% loss so you can buy PvP gear, is ridiculous.
    yeah 476 now right?
    this, plus the crafted gear, plus dmf trinket gets you to some 470 to do all the 5.0 lfr stuff, go to isle of thunder, get key, do scenario, get some elder charms, do lfr
    should get you to over 480 in about 2 weeks, maybe 1 if you are really lucky

kinda sad, don't even need to run heroics, apart to cap weekly VP
    and really I would be happy with 463 in new 5 mans, just for the love of god give me something new, I can run the current ones with my eyes closed and the VP reward being what it is I need to run them and I have 3 90 to do this on every week -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You are the one who doesn't understand that there are those who enjoy other content outside of dungeons. No matter what you think, the game doesn't revolve around you. In no way is dungeons the only content Blizzard needs to make, nor would I want them to. I don't want them removed either though, they serve their purpose, but they really don't need to make any new ones after expansion launches.

Dungeons equip you with equipment good enough to enter LFR, LFR equips you with the best gear outside of raiding, you really shouldn't even try to ask for more than that. You claim dungeons aren't rewarding enough, yet somehow I feel you wouldn't be satisfied until they reward heroic raiding gear because dungeons is the only thing you enjoy doing. That won't ever happen, which I'm really glad over. Dungeons are dungeons, their rewards SHOULD be sub-par.

You act like you're the first person to be "betrayed" by Blizzard for changing direction. Believe it or not, but there are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people who have felt the same way with other things. If you no longer agree with their direction of the game, then you have pretty much outgrown it.

I highly doubt Blizzard will abandon the daily quests, considering they continue to put a lot of work and lore into them, and a lot of people seem to enjoy them.
    paladins cant be horde its blasphemy, unsubbing see you in 6 months dead game

but if they had went through with their original plan it would be the exact same only there wouldnt be extra gear. you would just wait till 5.2 and use the saved up valor for upgrading you would then be forced to run lfr and normal raids in dungeon blues and lfr gear
    Actually it's not clear that's true. Getting rid of valor doesn't mean getting rid of gear on rep. It would just mean that valor gear wouldn't be double gated like it is now because it would simple cease to exist. My goal for wanting them to get rid of valor is more so that the game can fucking tank. I think this is the LEAST casual friendly expansion they released and what they've done to valor is part of that. Removing it would simple just make it even less casual friendly and people would leave even faster than they are already. LIke the developers keep embracing dumb bone headed regressive ideas to appeal to a SLIM SLIM SLIM minorty of players who cry about casuals having gear.