Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is what I have seen thus far from the non-raiders............

- We are entitled to see the same content as raiders (No you aren't but anyway) so they gave you LFR

- Outcry for the daily cap to be removed and more dailies you got it and now people complain about that

- 5 mans are too easy we need more challenge, ok wish granted.............OMG 5 MANS ARE TOO HARD NERF THEM!

- Need more to do other than LFR and 5 mans, you got it with pet battles and world bosses...........still not enough because.......

- All we got is LFR why aren't you adding more 5 mans that we complained about only having to do before?

So...........why is Blizz ignoring you? Because nothing is ever good enough and they are damned if they do damned if they don't.
    The people wanting face-roll 5 mans and those who want a challenge are not the same group. I know you're trying to portray the community as fickle but it's wrong.

Blizzard took sides in the debate and chose to go with the face-rollers. They claim it was a business decision, losing subs and all that. I doubt 5 mans were the cause of the massive subscription loss since there were so many things wrong with Cata, but they said what they said.

Turbine, which runs Dungeons & Dragons Online, doesn't cater to people like that and they seem to be doing fine for themselves.
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2013-03-12 at 07:07 PM. Reason: missed quotes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'll boil this whole discussion down to what someone else said previously in this thread, that they played mop for a month and quit and won't be coming back because blizz did not add any 5 man content. When Mop was released they released a dozen or more 5 man dungeons and yet the player only hung around for a month, so do you really think that adding in more 5 man content would of brought the player back or even kept them for more than a month? Hell no, because more 5 man content wasn't why they left in the first place, they just wanted something to bitch about.

They dont need 5 man dungeons, all the gear for heroic dungeons is accounted for in existing content. Once you did that dungeon 2 times you would be bored of it already. If what you need in it (gear) is already accounted for and you get bored of it the second time through it then why devote energy into making something that we already have? If you want gear to get you to 5.2 content, well guess what? They have a random pug system for that, and its called LFR. Instead of spending time creating something you will be bored of on week 2 for the same gear you get in LFR they spent time devoted to producing other things for you to do in the game, which means they learned a lesson from cata and that is you don't expend your resources on going back to update content, you work forward not backward. The fact that you can do 5.2 content RIGHT NOW is because they didnt waste their time on a 5 man dungeon that you would not need the gear from and be bored of in week two, AKA RIGHT NOW.

You can't make it for gearing up because that didn't work out well at all in the 4.2 zandalari content. People would cue up for a random, get that one and would rather take the 30 min nerf than try and work through it. Mid tier 5 man content does not work seamlessly.

This isn't an issue of "Blizzard really messed up by not making more 5 man content", this is an issue of, "I am going to make stuff up to be angry about because I like hearing myself bitch and complain about wow all the time."
    I like you

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    The people wanting face-roll 5 mans and those who want a challenge are not the same group. I know you're trying to portray the community as fickle but it's wrong.

Blizzard took sides in the debate and chose to go with the face-rollers. They claim it was a business decision, losing subs and all that. I doubt 5 mans were the cause of the massive subscription loss since there were so many things wrong with Cata, but they said what they said.

Turbine, which runs Dungeons & Dragons Online, doesn't cater to people like that and they seem to be doing fine for themselves.
    All through WOTLK people (casual and hardcore alike) were complaining about how faceroll the heroics were and how they wanted a challenge, the WoW community IS fickle and I am not wrong about that in the least.

I'll boil this whole discussion down to what someone else said previously in this thread, that they played mop for a month and quit and won't be coming back because blizz did not add any 5 man content. When Mop was released they released a dozen or more 5 man dungeons
    Going to stop you right here.

1) you know who said it they have been banned and that is the only reason your talking about them now
    and
    2) they released 9 5man dugeons 3 of of those dungeons are remakes of older dungeons so we got 6 100% brand new dungeons.

The new zone would have been perfect to make 1-2 troll dungeons and there story could lead into ToT.

before you go "well people don't care about story" lots do care about story.
    Gate of the Setting - New
    Mogu'shan Palace - New
    Scarlet Halls - Remake
    Scarlet Monastery - Remake
    Scholomance - Remake
    Shado-Pan Monastery - New
    Siege of Niuzao Temple - New
    Stormstout Brewery - New
    Temple of the Jade Serpent - New
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-03-12 at 07:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Challenge modes failed hard. You can tell that hardly anyone does them, but the somewhat lukewarm comments by blues about how "more" people will do them at some undefined point in the future....

Same with scenarios.

Whether or not the content was anygood, the uptake seams to be pretty poor if you read between the lines.
    Challenge mode is a niche content. As long as development time matches the number of players using it then it's a success. So yeah, if you want to say challenge modes failed hard then perhaps vanilla raids are the biggest fails in the entire wow history (especially naxx40).

I am disappointed that Blizzard can't come up with creative ways to introduce more heroics for the entire expansion. Like, perhaps instead of dropping gears, it drops upgrade tokens you can combine to upgrade your gear.

However, if this means Blizzard will put more focus on unlocking scenarios' potential then it could be a good thing. I have always enjoyed the concept of multiple approaches to finishing a quest and scenarios would be the perfect candidate for that. So hopefully Blizzard will come out with some good scenarios instead of more straight forward 3man heroics.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Terrible idea.

What a waste. People will get so freaking bored; if not already. And subsequently cancel their accounts. Very fail idea on blizzard part. Back in wrath was Forge of souls, and need i mention the new ones in Cata? Come on Blizzard stop being so fucking lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Going to stop you right here.

1) you know who said it they have been banned and that is the only reason your talking about them now
    and
    2) they released 9 5man dugeons 3 of of those dungeons are remakes of older dungeons so we got 6 100% brand new dungeons.

The new zone would have been perfect to make 1-2 troll dungeons and there story could lead into ToT.

before you go "well people don't care about story" lots do care about story.

And in those remake dungeons all there was was a graphic update cause most of the fights still played out the same or nearly the same.
    Actually I dont know who said it because I am too lazy to scroll through pages of BS bitching to find a single name, and I didnt know they were banned because I don't keep track of people who say mindless stuff, I'd go out of my mind trying that on a forum. I'm at work and I don't have that kind of time.

I don't care if they were revamped or not because the dungeons and the boss battles were changed. I do care about story, but they can present story in other ways without wasting effort on a dungeon when the gear is already covered in some other dungeon/lfr/raid so that we can get that effort and resources spent on stuff that we will be doing to move forward rather than just adding in 5 man content for gear we don't need just so you can put a check on your list of 'content' next to the box labeled "5 man content." Check. 2 weeks later, "I'm bored of that dungeon now."

I personally am fine with no new 5-man dungeons the rest of this Xpac as the problem for me with dungeons are within a month of grinding them on all my toons for either VP or gear that you are so sick of them, but I guess some people prefer dungeon grinding over dailies etc.....So as they say "To each their own"

--snip--
    In your opinion that 2 weeks later I would be bored of the 5man's back in cata there was some I liked and didn't mind running.

The last 3 of cata I though was fun and the ICC5man's I though was fun and there was a few dungeon's in the middle of those I liked. I will admit there is more dungeon's I hated then liked.

But even still for them to decide to use LFR as the catch up gearing mode that dungeons use to be they need to change LFR around and mainly just letting me do it more then 1 time a week.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

"OMG WE DON"T WANT TO WAIT FOR QUEUE'S WE WANT SOMETHING THAT DONT REQUIRE TANKS/HEALERS"
    Ok, Here's scenario's. You won't need long queues and can do it with 3 people of any classes.

"OMG WE DON"T WANT SCENARIO"S WE WANT MORE DUNGEONS, WHY NO NEW DUNGEONS"

This is just another one of blizzards schemes if you will. To force the casual player into raiding The end. No qualms about it nothing needs to be read into anymore than just that.

I'll boil this whole discussion down to what someone else said previously in this thread, that they played mop for a month and quit and won't be coming back because blizz did not add any 5 man content. When Mop was released they released a dozen or more 5 man dungeons and yet the player only hung around for a month, so do you really think that adding in more 5 man content would of brought the player back or even kept them for more than a month? Hell no, because more 5 man content wasn't why they left in the first place, they just wanted something to bitch about.

They dont need 5 man dungeons, all the gear for heroic dungeons is accounted for in existing content. Once you did that dungeon 2 times you would be bored of it already. If what you need in it (gear) is already accounted for and you get bored of it the second time through it then why devote energy into making something that we already have? If you want gear to get you to 5.2 content, well guess what? They have a random pug system for that, and its called LFR. Instead of spending time creating something you will be bored of on week 2 for the same gear you get in LFR they spent time devoted to producing other things for you to do in the game
    Did it ever cross your mind that people might enjoy 5 mans as a way of getting gear instead of LFR? Instead of getting bored that guy might have went 'Cool i now have the gear to move on with the game instead of risking weeks of RNG to get loot from LFR' and re-subbed. I know i would take grinding out boring 5 mans on my alts than running LFR weeks after week with no loot. If people want to grind 5 mans for the same loot as LFR then i am all for it. Now they have said that will never happen and you have to run LFR week after week on Alt after Alt i cant blame people being pissed off. Even with the higher drop rate supposedly in place my guild mates and friends are still getting between fuck all and not much in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Did it ever cross your mind that people might enjoy 5 mans as a way of getting gear instead of LFR? Instead of getting bored that guy might have went 'Cool i now have the gear to move on with the game instead of risking weeks of RNG to get loot from LFR' and re-subbed. I know i would take grinding out boring 5 mans on my alts than running LFR weeks after week with no loot. If people want to grind 5 mans for the same loot as LFR then i am all for it. Now they have said that will never happen and you have to run LFR week after week on Alt after Alt i cant blame people being pissed off. Even with the higher drop rate supposedly in place my guild mates and friends are still getting between fuck all and not much in LFR.
    It's funny, everyone complained about only running 5 mans, now it's running LFR...........what's next? Simple fact of the matter is the WoW players bitch for the sake of bitching end of story, if they can't bitch about something legit they will make up something.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    It's funny, everyone complained about only running 5 mans, now it's running LFR...........what's next? Simple fact of the matter is the WoW players bitch for the sake of bitching end of story, if they can't bitch about something legit they will make up something.
    In case you didn't know the double doze of RNG in LFR and no new 5mans is a legit thing to bitch about. just because you don't think it is dose not change the fact it is a legit thing to bitch about.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Or ya know they could legitimately not like the fact that they will add no new 5 mans? Ever think that may be the case? I am going to go with no. I guess you think every single thing in WOW is beyond reproach then. Since apparently is some has a complaint they really don't and made it up to complain on some forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case you didn't know the double doze of RNG in LFR and no new 5mans is a legit thing to bitch about. just because you don't think it is dose not change the fact it is a legit thing to bitch about.
    RNG in LFR is like running a normal raid and rolling against people for the most part as well as the RNG in mans, you got 25 people instead of 10 or 5 do you think everyone should get a drop every single time no matter what? Sounds like it t me, especially since they upped the drop rate in 5.0-5.1 LFR............but I suppose that isn't good enough either right?

Did it ever cross you mind that Blizz cant possibly make all 9.6 million players happy, that there is always going to be some one that is going to bitch about what you did no matter what you do? Bitch bitch bitch, "You killed 25 mans!" - " You will kill 10 mans if you fix 25 mans!" - "Eat it 10 mans, you complain about something that might happen when it really is happening to us 25 mans!" - "No you eat it! 10 mans is all I need!" bitch bitch bitch.

Unfortunately you fell into the group that has something to bitch about this update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or ya know they could legitimately not like the fact that they will add no new 5 mans? Ever think that may be the case? I am going to go with no. I guess you think every single thing in WOW is beyond reproach then. Since apparently is some has a complaint they really don't and made it up to complain on some forum.
    Nope, there are a lot of things I disagree with in the game, but when the same types of people complain about something then get what they want and complain about that as well it reminds me of a spoiled rotten kid who gets what he wants and then screams it's not good enough, personally I wish Blizz would go back to not listening to ANY of it's players (hardcore or casual) and say "This is how it is".

I went the whole life of LFR without getting key items that I needed like trinkets, off hands, rings and Sha Touched weapons. In the 1 week of 5.2 without a new LFR I used the coins that drop like rain on thunderisle to get everything that I wanted from the old LFR in 1 week and 4 LFR runs, 2 in terrace and 1 in each heart of fear. I got everything I needed included both sha touched caster weapons and the off hand I needed to wield the 1 hand caster sword. I would call that a fixed LFR drop rate.

You have a higher chance of getting what you need in LFR now than you do in heroics, of which 2 items drop among 5 people and the stuff that drops may not be useable by anyone in the entire group because they dont need healing mail. LFR is a flat drop rate for gear just for you. As long as you have coins you can keep going in, and coins drop like rain in isle of thunder.

Deleted
    LFR was asked by many so called casuals. And you got it. Now you bitch you don't want to do it because it's RNG. Every dungeon, raid and scenario is about RNG. Always was. And they drastically upped loot drop rate in 5.0 LFR. After all that trouble to create content now you are basically asking to destroy 5.0 LFR with new dungeons.
    Why would a new player buy MoP if he only buys one content patch? It's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went the whole life of LFR without getting key items that I needed like trinkets, off hands, rings and Sha Touched weapons. In the 1 week of 5.2 without a new LFR I used the coins that drop like rain on thunderisle to get everything that I wanted from the old LFR in 1 week and 4 LFR runs, 2 in terrace and 1 in each heart of fear. I got everything I needed included both sha touched caster weapons and the off hand I needed to wield the 1 hand caster sword. I would call that a fixed LFR drop rate.

You have a higher chance of getting what you need in LFR now than you do in heroics, of which 2 items drop among 5 people and the stuff that drops may not be useable by anyone in the entire group because they dont need healing mail. LFR is a flat drop rate for gear just for you. As long as you have coins you can keep going in, and coins drop like rain in isle of thunder.
    Not to mention rolling against the prot pally who decides he wants to need on an agi trinket.