Thread: Demo PVP dead?

Demo PVP dead?

So prior to 5.2 i use to cap with demo SAC spec, blow crap up and yeah, now chaos wave hits like a wet noodle, was this intended??

Hand of Gul'dan and Chaos wave damage was buffed by 15% according to the 5.2 patch notes, it should be doing more damage than before

i was criting players for upto 150k, now 60k.... And yes they are full malv, nothing special but they have res.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thasta View Post
    Hand of Gul'dan and Chaos wave damage was buffed by 15% according to the 5.2 patch notes, it should be doing more damage than before
    Even after the buff, it's still ~25% less damage compared to pre-nerf. I haven't played demonology PvP for a while, but you should be able to crit higher then that :/

Deleted
    Demo is not dead if your purposes are duels, wpvp and arena cap. It's actually very powerful there. Ofcourse if you wanna talk high rated arena and rbgs...yeah, sorry, demos just don't bring anything to make them interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Demo is not dead if your purposes are duels, wpvp and arena cap. It's actually very powerful there. Ofcourse if you wanna talk high rated arena and rbgs...yeah, sorry, demos just don't bring anything to make them interesting.
    I wouldn't be too sure of that, demo is still godly for RBG if you play with a stack n boom strategy.

Deleted
    Chaos wave doesn't benefit from 15 buff at HoG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    Chaos wave doesn't benefit from 15 buff at HoG
    I have to prove you wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hand of Gul'dan, in metamorphasis form, is chaos wave. Does the 15% buff apply to the chaos wave too?
    Yes.

2 stacks of always did more damage than Chaos Wave anyways. You just have to CC the enemy healer before bursting, that's all. If you saw the spec as viable in 5.1, then it is not "dead' in 5.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I have to prove you wrong
    That quote is out of date. Ghostcrawler later changed the answer to that question to "No."

Chaos Wave received zero changes to it's damage output in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vreivai View Post
    That quote is out of date. Ghostcrawler later changed the answer to that question to "No."

Chaos Wave received zero changes to it's damage output in 5.2.
    Source please? Not that I don't believe, just want to make sure.