Poll: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this already possible with RAF?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I farmed the Elixir of Ancient Knowledge and my Monk has 23 hours playtime at level 82

I would pay real money to buy some of these Elixirs of Ancient Knowledge. Raremob drop is annoying.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Id do it, atm 80-90 take me 9h~. Wish I could lower that (already know about that pot)

15$ is now too much for this shitty content

No need to pay more cash for this game

Deleted
    I hate games that have PAY-TO-WIN things. Xp boots mite not seem like it, but it's close.

Hell no, and I'm dissapointed that the poll has so many ''yes'' votes. With the large XP boost, people are probably getting quick to level 90 without knowing almost anything about their class. Imagine all the bad players zerging the LFG feature.

It is basically EA's way of microtransactions, which is getting a shitload of hate. Why does such an option for WoW once again get a free pass?

10+ Year Old Account
    i see what he did there cause there already is a 300% boost
    u can easily make a another account to follow you around
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Hell no, and I'm dissapointed that the poll has so many ''yes'' votes. With the large XP boost, people are probably getting quick to level 90 without knowing almost anything about their class. Imagine all the bad players zerging the LFG feature.

It is basically EA's way of microtransactions, which is getting a shitload of hate. Why does such an option for WoW once again get a free pass?
    If it required that you already leveled a toon from 1-90 before having the option to purchase it, it might not be too bad. I don't mind the system that is currently in place, but I think heirlooms should work from 85-90 and not require that you trade in previous heirloom gear and spend a bunch of in-game currency to upgrade.

Yes! Leveling is the one thing I hate most in video games.

Would not mind it at all. As I have said multiple times, the game to me starts at max level.

I already went through both alliance and horde quests so doing it again would make no difference to me and I'd like to have more chars to raid with. Bypassing these annoying necessities (aka, levelling) would come in handy. If not then at least the xp boost would be great.

ps: This coming from someone with 9 85s and 2 90s to put things into perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea does sound appealing, until you start factoring in what it would have to cost, how long the buff would last and what effect it would have on the game.

So no.

I wouldn't pay for it unless it was like $5 and the buff lasted 24hrs, persisted through death.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I play WoW specifically to avoid such things. I do not like games where you can pay real money to get ahead, it cheapens the experience. I enjoy the game because everyone plays under the same rules and you cannot bypass those rules by having money(you may attempt to, but you are putting yourself at risk by breaking the rules).
    This, this, this, 1000x this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

You know I realize something... you have people who LOVE leveling asap to get to the content they enjoy at max level, while avoiding the content they dislike and the annoying journey..leveling. Then you have people who LOVE leveling, love the journey and enjoy taking their time, but hate the idea of extra xp.

You're asking if I support a paid 300% xp boost? Hell no, I support the option to pay 10g to optionally level 300% faster so that people can enjoy leveling how they choose to level. I've been playing this game for 6 years, I think I deserve an option like that.

Also, I feel like I'd have to say that this isn't EA. Remember the whole, pay for an extra feature to do cross-realm stuff with your friends that became free? Wonder why...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cheero View Post
    Why not just pay to totally bypass leveling?
    and then let blizzard laugh at you for being stupid and careless with your money? Though, I am sure they will smile and say "pleasure doing business with you" like the chinese do.

TERA has an xp boost in the game right now. I think there are 3 options, them being: 30min single character, 1hr single character, & 1hr account bound. Each costs more pts. than the next (points can be earned on each character or purchased with real money).
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-03-10 at 04:37 PM.

and then peoples start to ask for honor/conquest point boost packs, valor point boost paks, 10 elder charms(mogu rune) packs, reputation boost packs, etc. already see it in lotro, swtor, star trek etc, no need for those shitty thing to come into wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Oh, by the way, XP boosts aren't getting ahead. Ahead of whom? Does being 90 mean you have an effective edge on anyone?

In my book, paying to win is buying achievements, titles, legendaries, and stuff like that.

Reaching max level is not an achievement. It's not a feat, it's not anything of remote importance. You can stand in one spot and keep killing the same mob only moving when said mob is out of your level and reach max level. You also don't go around looking at a fresh 90 and saying: Oh my, that fellow over there sure is ahead, isn't he Gerald?

If it remains an xp thing only I am absolutely in favor. Heck do away with levels for all I care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ok for people who their spend time to have couple of 90s but Im not ok with everyone having multiple max level chars without too much effort. When most of your player base has muptiple toons you have to design the game accordingly. And the people who play just one char suffer.

One of the reasons people bot in BGs is they just have shit load of alts they dont actually like to play. PvP balance gets less focus because "serious PvPers" just reroll. Solo stuff gets nerfed becuase people wanna do everything on their all 15 alts.

TLDR: If you dont have time to level a char you dont have time to play it. Nerfing leveling only result in other problems.

Ha ha ha ha ha ....I LOVE all the people saying NOOO when you can already do this and ive done it many times !! All you have to do is refer a friend your own account and boom 300% xp boost ...so what is the difference if I just have to buy a potion ??? You people make no sense .

Why paid services?

There's no such thing as an altoholic who isn't a steady subscriber (money) or high-activity player (cog for LFR/LFD's wheels). Of course, the experience is usually successively less interesting each time around. How about this:

Upon reaching 90, a character receives a quest to retrieve an artifact. After a little Gao-Lai-style adventuring and a few thousand gold, a player is awarded an item — maybe a trinket — that is BoA and increases all XP by 20% up to max level. Here's the twist: every subsequent character to reach 90 receives the next quest in the series, and their awarded item stacks with the first. The eleventh character on the realm levels with an additional 200% to XP from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ....I LOVE all the people saying NOOO when you can already do this and ive done it many times !! All you have to do is refer a friend your own account and boom 300% xp boost ...so what is the difference if I just have to buy a potion ??? You people make no sense .

Refer a friend only works up to a certain level.

The worst offender when it comes to levelling is people with 9 85s like me, who would like to play them at max level but would have to go through the same 5 levels for all of the alts. With no level difference to shake things up.

That's when it comes in handy.