Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    @DeadlySteve: Since you won't be able to constantly cast nor get the full benefit from extra dot ticks due dispels and the lack of RPPM trinkets in PvP, the value of haste is weaker than it is for PvE. Most of your damage simply comes from your dots and mastery gives the best increase on that damage.
    The people saying haste is better are likely mixing up the priorities with PvE priorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the useful info so far! ^_^

Is haste useful at all then? Bogdan is suggesting Crit as better than Haste (which is against this guide's recommendation).

Anyone else agree that, if I have a piece with Mastery and Haste, I should reforge the haste to Crit then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm it's mainly personal preference, but technically speaking, haste is the stronger stat of the 2. I know some people even prefer haste over mastery although mastery is the better stat.

Brian may answer differently, but I would say mages are hard to counter for average players but easy for great players.
    So historically a nerf to say Deep Freeze or poly risks making them dead at the high end.
    I don't remember that being a problem when CB got nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I don't remember that being a problem when CB got nerfed.
    How dare you question the concept of a developer supported master class with guaranteed high end potential in every aspect of the game! You simply cannot compare a niche class like warlocks to the official standard of balance.

RBG related -
    I've heard that Demo Locks are currently being considered as the best flag carrier since it can also respec Destro on non FC maps. Problem is I have no clue how to play one. I tried finding some posts within this thread explaining the basics, but I couldn't find any. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

So, how is the gemming looking for tomorrow? I've been thinking it will look something like this.

Red: Pure Int
    Yellow: Int/Mastery
    Blue: Int/Hit

With Power having such pathetic returns for gemming and resil not giving much either. I would assume this would be the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I'm not sure yet, although I'm fairly sure you people are undervaluing Resilience. Also, never gem hit for PvP, you should be able to reach the cap very easily from gear alone since it's so little.

I only chose to gem hit in the blue slots because Int/Power gem didn't seem worth it, I wanted my socket bonus, and it freed up some reforges so I could grab more haste rather than turning it to hit. Considering if I gemmed straight resil and did the chest enchant I could only get around 67% resil....I've failed to see how even going half way with the gems in even just the yellow slots would be worth it. It'd be a wonder if I could even reach 66% damage reduc like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually forget what I said about not gemming hit. I still need to have a good look at things, but maybe it might even be worth it to gem hit over PvP power.

Damn I'm glad we have an extra day to figure this out in EU. Every time I check the thread I hear something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, doing some easy math ( which I won't be sharing because I'm too lazy to do it on a pc), you should be able to reach the hitcap by simply reforging the weakest to hit. While hit is the strongest blue stat, unlike PvP power it is obtainable by reforging and therefore should be obtained by reforging and not by gemming.

Still trying to figure out all the stat priorities but it seems that for destruction it will be Spellhit (6%) > int > res > mastery > power > crit > haste.

If you are not interesting in reading the guide and want to skip to the discussion, you can click HERE.
    Thought i'd point out the grammatical error there.

Hehe Niberion :>
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye well, I'm french/dutch, deal with it. xD Thanks anyway, I actually should have checked it myself for errors but I'm extremely lazy as some of you may have figured out already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Hmm, doing some easy math ( which I won't be sharing because I'm too lazy to do it on a pc), you should be able to reach the hitcap by simply reforging the weakest to hit. While hit is the strongest blue stat, unlike PvP power it is obtainable by reforging and therefore should be obtained by reforging and not by gemming.

Still trying to figure out all the stat priorities but it seems that for destruction it will be Spellhit (6%) > int > res > mastery > power > crit > haste.
    res over mastery in destro? what's changed to make you think that? i'm playing with around ~65% res right now on live..

On the PTR as Affy I did a full Mastery and Haste build. The damage gained from full Mastery did not feel that great and at best 40% of bad damage doesn't make the DoT hit harder by a great margin. Full Haste felt pretty awesome, was easier to cast DoTs without SS:SB and Fears were easier to fire off too. Because my Corruption was ticking faster I was getting a lot of Siphon Life heals.

I'll probably have to go full Mastery because I like to play Destro also.

Anybody know how Int plays into this? Time to theorycraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    res over mastery in destro? what's changed to make you think that? i'm playing with around ~65% res right now on live..
    Been doing some math and it seems that 1 int ~1.05 res with res becoming stronger the more you get. Fully gemmed the ratio is almost 1.
    Unless we get to a point where 2 mastery gives more damage than 1 int, res will be stronger than mastery.

Although I have to admit that I did not consider the minor healing increase we get from mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    As pvp affliction, Mr. Robot is now advising me to gem Int/Mastery with Artful Vermillion Onyx and Fractured Sun's Radiance despite having these stat weights plugged in:

Int: 4.53
    PvP Power: 3.96
    PvP Res: 3.95
    Spell Power: 3.71
    Spell hit to 6%: 3
    Mastery: 2.82
    Haste: 2.57
    Crit: 1.78

So even though power and resilience are rated high, the gems are no longer providing enough of the pvp stats to compete with int and mastery.

Is this correct or does someone disagree?

I"m planning to go:
    red = int/mastery
    yellow = mastery
    blue = hit/mastery, full mastery, or pvp power/mastery