10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    Huh? Girls don't play wow...
    I know you're joking, but it's a stupid played out joke that needs to stop being made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I know you're joking, but it's a stupid played out joke that needs to stop being made.
    Don't cry. It's the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    If you really want to delve into the technicalities here, even Paragon poached (at least) one Mage for Spine in DS. Most high-end guilds do it; it's the nature of raiding at a high level and there's nothing wrong with it the way I see it. It's the players' own, conscious choice, they're not being held at gunpoint to join another guild.
    No they did not. Neither in Dragon Soul, nor during any other previous tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Don't cry. It's the internet.
    It's still a stupid an sexist joke which preserve misconceptions and somehow legitimate some horrible behaviour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FiL134 View Post
    No they did not. Neither in Dragon Soul, nor during any other previous tier.
    It's hard to poach finnish people indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    It's still a stupid an sexist joke which preserve misconceptions and somehow legitimate some horrible behaviour.
    So is the "girls belong in the kitchen" by my female friends laugh at that. White knighting on the internet makes you as much as a dick as the people who actually are dicks.

Responses like this are why that joke is still made. If you show people they'll get a rise out of you, they won't stop. Best to just ignore them.

That said: GIRL = Guy In Real Life.

I guess I'm just still amazed that if I throw it out there, people will swallow the hook in less than 10 seconds. It's a trade chat favorite. You type "girls don't play wow" and you get immediate whispers of the various people who are ready to prove they're female or that they have females in their guild etc etc. It just makes me facepalm and laugh at the same time. It's not borderline absurd, it IS absurd. It's so out there that it should be immediately ignored yet people flock to it like bugs to a zapper on the porch in the summer.

I definitely have to laugh at the concept that it perpetuates stereotypes. It's in the same vein of a stand up comedian taking aim at all types of stereotypes. It's obvious that it's a joke and if people can't roll with it, they need large amounts of social awareness training.

It's obvious that it's a joke. So are the "wow, you're a girl? prove it!" so are the "you're a girl? I guess you need some help, let me do this for you", etc.
    But when the community agrees that there's no problem with such jokes, that leads to things like this or this or a hundred of other examples.

I seriously don't care about the joke in itself, but his reply ("Don't cry. It's the internet") is plain stupid. If someone tells you that you're hurting its feeling, just stop and/or apologize. It is not funny to keep mocking that person. Minimizing sexism and depicting its victim like crying baby is not a good behaviour.

Btw, as a matter of fact, I'm not a girl. My guilds count several women, and no they're not complaining about sexism in video game or anything. I'm not stating that it's a plague every girl has to suffer. But there are many peple who do suffer from it. And if you keep defending that no one's been hurt by these jokes and that people shouldn't act like butthurt, you're protecting this reality (and since I like graphs, there's another one). Also, as I said before, it leads to stupid misconceptions.

Sorry for the off-topic message.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-25 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not derail the thread further.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Sorry.
    I wasn't sure of the relevance of this particular paragraph on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Anyone got a glimpse of info on how Paragon are doing on Ra-Den? # of tries etc?
    what? Didn't they just used up 30 attempts againist ra-den boss?

Deleted
    According to Devai who's been streaming tonight:

Describe Ra-den in 1 word - Retarded
    Used some attempts but not all, planning on some strategising/planning before using last attempts for the week
    Will you kill Ra-den this week - Don't think so

Other fun facts

Number of wipes on Lei Shen HC - 343
    Number of wipes Dark Animus HC - 344
    Highest DPS on Lei Shen - Devai (Hunter)

Re-watch Devai's stream if you want more titbits or to check I haven't made it all up

It's obvious that it's a joke. So are the "wow, you're a girl? prove it!" so are the "you're a girl? I guess you need some help, let me do this for you", etc.
    But when the community agrees that there's no problem with such jokes, that leads to things like this or this or a hundred of other examples.

I seriously don't care about the joke in itself, but his reply ("Don't cry. It's the internet") is plain stupid. If someone tells you that you're hurting its feeling, just stop and/or apologize. It is not funny to keep mocking that person. Minimizing sexism and depicting its victim like crying baby is not a good behaviour.

Btw, as a matter of fact, I'm not a girl. My guilds count several women, and no they're not complaining about sexism in video game or anything. I'm not stating that it's a plague every girl has to suffer. But there are many peple who do suffer from it. And if you keep defending that no one's been hurt by these jokes and that people shouldn't act like butthurt, you're protecting this reality (and since I like graphs, there's another one). Also, as I said before, it leads to stupid misconceptions.

Sorry for the off-topic message.
    You definitely bring up some interesting points. Let me first state that I wasn't the one who said "don't cry, it's the internet" I completely recognize that people can be hurt by the way we communicate online and I'm not someone who runs around chanting "umadbro?" I guess the thing I'm taking issue with is how it seems that we have to throw out the baby with the bathwater. I would assert that there IS a line with jokes and that some cross it and some don't. Maybe the line can be blurry for some, but I think there need to be some obvious distinctions that the vast majority can recognize. If I tell a "why did the chicken cross the road" joke and someone gets offended, it's time for the offended person to reassess their ability to function in society. For my part, I'm going to call BS on "girls don't play wow" contributing to sexism. It's childish. Sometimes I like childish, and stupid, and ridiculous. Yup. Silly me. I laugh at movies like "Rat Race" and still am a sucker for failblog. I might get the same reaction in trade chat if I claimed the sun doesn't rise in the east but actually the west. I guess enjoy people putting full effort into arguing something that is so obvious, there's no point in proving it. OF COURSE girls play wow. Of course they raid. Of course they pvp. Of course they rearrange the guild bank so it looks pretty. DOH! there's my inner repressionist coming out again.

Guys, drop it. Take it to PMs at least. Not the place.

On topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    According to Devai who's been streaming tonight:

Describe Ra-den in 1 word - Retarded
    Used some attempts but not all, planning on some strategising/planning before using last attempts for the week
    Will you kill Ra-den this week - Don't think so

Other fun facts

Number of wipes on Lei Shen HC - 343
    Number of wipes Dark Animus HC - 344
    Highest DPS on Lei Shen - Devai (Hunter)

Re-watch Devai's stream if you want more titbits or to check I haven't made it all up
    Thanks for the info thats pretty neat. Did he elaborate on retarded? Like bad retarded? Fun retarded? No skill, just too much crap?

Deleted
    He said something along the lines of, this tier was really cool, Lei Shen hc was really good, then Ra-den is just bad

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina View Post
    i dont know about you, but i have been ahead of mages on every single fight with less ilvl
    Yeah Mari , but its not the class nor the gear ;-) Also hf !
    Last edited by Kibu; 2013-03-26 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Guys, drop it. Take it to PMs at least. Not the place.

On topic:

Thanks for the info thats pretty neat. Did he elaborate on retarded? Like bad retarded? Fun retarded? No skill, just too much crap?
    He said the fight was bugged and stupid and I quote "I don't know if blizzard even tested this boss"

That's really disappointing

15+ Year Old Account
    Not really unexpected. Given their track record of Heroic-Only bosses having crushing bugs, we should've expected it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated time and again that they can't test everything, even when something is tested and passed, the implementation of the code for said things could get screwy. Patience.