Quote Originally Posted by Delhunt View Post
    I don't get the fuse about Blood Legion. BL has never been a WF guild, back in the days of Wrath, they are always down in the teens or twenties rank. Guilds like Premo, Vodka, Exodus, Juggernaut, Vigil and Adept were always above them. Their recent fame is because most of those guilds have problems or don't raid anymore and the WF video thing they made. I don't think most people knew who they are before the video. If likes of Premonition was still raiding full force, no one will be talking of BL. Leave them where they are and let the real WF guilds do their thing. TBH, no US guild is capable of pulling WF anymore. It all ended in T9.
    If I can give you an analogy...

It's similar to why the US can't build, or better yet, choose not to build a really good car, but yet they can design a highly sophisticated spacecraft to reach other planets. The reason being is that they have the talent to do it, but choose to use it in other fields. If the US really wanted to field a team of elite video game players they could, but where is the incentive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I personally think it is a terrible encounter from a melee perspective.

No doubt, a handful of people people have a lot of things to do, but when it comes to the rest of the raid.... I'm literally sneezing at my screen during our attempts. Might as well be Ultraxion, same level of attention needed. Intermission phases require me to open my eyes a little and not be retarded. Rest of the fight is just about pushing my buttons as hard as I can and that's it. Can't/wont give details for obvious reasons, but that's a rough picture.

I'm exaggerating a little, but I don't get all the praise about this encounter.
    That is really sad to hear. I was considering joining a more serious raiding guild just so I could see the fight before 5.4.

I don't get the fuse about Blood Legion. BL has never been a WF guild, back in the days of Wrath, they are always down in the teens or twenties rank. Guilds like Premo, Vodka, Exodus, Juggernaut, Vigil and Adept were always above them. Their recent fame is because most of those guilds have problems or don't raid anymore and the WF video thing they made. I don't think most people knew who they are before the video. If likes of Premonition was still raiding full force, no one will be talking of BL. Leave them where they are and let the real WF guilds do their thing. TBH, no US guild is capable of pulling WF anymore. It all ended in T9.

100000% billionbajillion%%% agreed. As I said in earlier posts, the rise to fame is do to the state of raiding these days. Nothing against Blood Legion, they are hands down the best guild in the US, but that really isn't saying much.

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

Quote Originally Posted by VenusProject View Post

It's similar to why the US can't build, or better yet, choose not to build a really good car, but yet they can design a highly sophisticated spacecraft to reach other planets. The reason being is that they have the talent to do it, but choose to use it in other fields. If the US really wanted to field a team of elite video game players they could, but where is the incentive?

What a load of horse shit, I know for a fact that if BL would get world first people like you would be the first ones yelling from the top of your lungs, BL WORLD FIRST SUCK IT EU!!!111one111!!!11

Please, no one believes your bs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 05:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    100000% billionbajillion%%% agreed. As I said in earlier posts, the rise to fame is do to the state of raiding these days. Nothing against Blood Legion, they are hands down the best guild in the US, but that really isn't saying much.
    Idd and the rest is history, no need to defend BL like a bunch of fanboys crying over spilled milk. BL could never hang with top 10 guilds back when we had far better guilds competing. I remember BL getting LK10 and making a huge fuss about it and now when Paragon is getting world first 10 hc kills, all of a sudden they don't count.

Please, let me laugh.
    Last edited by soliddevil; 2013-03-30 at 04:47 AM.

I am really not here to add to the US vs EU stupidity, nor am I am big BL fan anyways....

but all you have to do is go to wowprogress.com and look at tier 13, 14, and 15 (the last 3 tiers, also the last year or so of raiding) to see why there is hype/talk of Blood Legion. It is very simple to do. Common sense would tell you that they are a good guild.

And while I agree that a lot of very talented guilds have left, you can't only single BL out and say they are the only new guild who has benefitted from other guilds quitting, and that we should "leave them where they are and let the real WF guilds do their thing." Lots of guilds have moved up their ranking because other talented guilds left. And TBH the only "real" WF guild (by your definition, a guild that has gotten actual WFs and was around before all these other guilds quit) is Paragon, because Method (even though I personally think they are amazing and by far the best 25 man guild today) certainly does not fall into that category by your definition, since they didn't get any WFs til all those other guilds quit and they still haven't gotten any true WFs, only 25 man WFs.

Quote Originally Posted by soliddevil View Post
    What a load of horse shit, I know for a fact that if BL would get world first people like you would be the first ones yelling from the top of your lungs, BL WORLD FIRST SUCK IT EU!!!111one111!!!11

Please, no one believes your bs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 05:45 AM ----------

Idd and the rest is history, no need to defend BL like a bunch of fanboys crying over spilled milk. BL could never hang with top 10 guilds back when we had far better guilds competing. I remember BL getting LK10 and making a huge fuss about it and now when Paragon is getting world first 10 hc kills, all of a sudden they don't count.

Please, let me laugh.
    Are you retarded? Quoting me and calling me a fan boy. Did you read my post?

Megarises <Dread> US 16th 11/13 HM
    Founder of the "Swag Wagon" channel Korgath's most exclusive chat channel.
    Megazordd#1177 Twitch.tv/megazordd

So what you guys are saying is that other top guilds changed/quit but BL has remained the exact same since their rankings back in WOTLK and haven't changed, restructured or improved at all? The logic you try and use to make it seem like BL is a bad guild can be applied to why BL has become a better guild tier after tier. Yes there are guilds that are no longer competing, but so what? Just because the other guilds changed doesn't mean BL hasn't changed as well for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusProject View Post

To be fair, the US car companies actually build a lot of excellent cars these days, even if you discount the Tesla Model S.

Near as I can tell, the US has maybe two guilds committed to the hard-core raiding style that is necessary to have a chance to compete with the top European guilds. Given that they have so little competition for recruiting this kind of player, I thought BL might have been able to build the world's best hard-core roster, but I'm not shocked that they haven't. Half of me is surprised that any of these guilds can field full raids on these kinds of schedules, since there's really no money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    Are you retarded? Quoting me and calling me a fan boy. Did you read my post?
    Didnt call you a fanboy, read again and see that I agree by writting "idd" at the beginning of my post, the rest was aimed at BL fanboys.

Empress... Method beat BL to ambershaper, and BL killed empress, a END RAID BOSS before anyone else. Get real, stop flaming so hard towards your EU bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    What eFame? That's already gone for 3+ years.

You can compare nowadays raiding to the Champion's League but without the top contenders.
    Being first now is like winning the Chamion's League with PSG but Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Manchester United, AC Milan and Juventus didn't attend.
    FC Barcelona lost 60% of it's squad so they just play Europa League now (Paragon).
    I know I am going to regret responding to you, but I have to ask:
    What is your deal exactly? Are you still playing this game? If yes, that means you have been playing for over 5 years now. What keeps u in this game if you don't enjoy it? Why are you trying so hard to make a point that the guilds who kill the bosses first are not the best? Do you have the feeling of 'if I had the time that these guys put in the game, I would be WF too!'? From what I hear, you were kind of a mediocre player and also had a bad temper (rager) when you were in Method, so sorry if I am crushing your dreams, but you probably wouldn't be killing any boss WF even if you put 25hours per day in the game, since you wouldn't make the cut for the core 25 players nowadays.

You also claim that there is no eFame and WoW is dead etc. Yet here you are everyday checking this thread which is basically about the race to kill Bosses First (competition). If it is so dead as you are implying, then why are you checking it everyday (probably have it bookmarked too)?

As for your last argument about the competition being too easy lately because all the good guilds are gone, take my word for it, a person who has played this game since BWL. The game was a complete joke in vanilla/tbc in terms of mechanics and coordination required. If anything, I would say that the guilds back then had it really easy in terms of skill requirements. All you needed was working connections and a basic understanding of the game. As the game progressed over the years, it requires a lot more advanced tactics (not just an addon: decursive), personal skill, and coordination than it ever did in the past.

I know you are probably a random guy with too much spare time irl that takes pleasure in just trolling forums (sad idd), so you will probably not respond to this post with any arguments just like you did with the previous one. Oh well, I guess you got me

Quote Originally Posted by Plarock View Post
    Empress... Method beat BL to ambershaper, and BL killed empress, a END RAID BOSS before anyone else. Get real, stop flaming so hard towards your EU bias.
    BL has killed ONE end raid boss and all of a sudden they are throwned in the category of world first's (note the plural here) guilds? Gtfo, they can come back when they have killed as many end raid bosses as well lets say Nihilum or Paragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    I am really not here to add to the US vs EU stupidity, nor am I am big BL fan anyways....

but all you have to do is go to wowprogress.com and look at tier 13, 14, and 15 (the last 3 tiers, also the last year or so of raiding) to see why there is hype/talk of Blood Legion. It is very simple to do. Common sense would tell you that they are a good guild.

And while I agree that a lot of very talented guilds have left, you can't only single BL out and say they are the only new guild who has benefitted from other guilds quitting, and that we should "leave them where they are and let the real WF guilds do their thing." Lots of guilds have moved up their ranking because other talented guilds left. And TBH the only "real" WF guild (by your definition, a guild that has gotten actual WFs and was around before all these other guilds quit) is Paragon, because Method (even though I personally think they are amazing and by far the best 25 man guild today) certainly does not fall into that category by your definition, since they didn't get any WFs til all those other guilds quit and they still haven't gotten any true WFs, only 25 man WFs.
    It's not a US v EU thing. I just don't understand why BL is suddenly a guild to reckon with. Even if Method weren't getting the WF back then, they are always there. World 2nd Observed, 2nd Freya X3, 3rd Firefighter not 20s or 18th. IMO, US guilds don't have the camaraderie feeling Euro guilds have. I had the the pleasure to join one of Premo alt raids years back and you will understand why they are so good. 3-4 years ago, BL players troll WOW forums, that is the kind of guild I know them to be.

Method knows BL is capable of beating them, talk to Sco he'll admit that he has taken BL for granted before, and he knows the caliber of players they have, he talks about it on his stream. The #3 and #5 guilds in the world from last tier merged to try and beat bl, and they havent except for 2 bosses on day 1 been even close. BL has been a good guild for a LONG time, World First Brutallus. Its only recently they became an elite guild with going more hardcore after T11, talk to any of their veterans they'll tell you about the culture change after T11.

BL is a good guild, a great guild even, the #2 25 man guild in the world. Method is better right now. But stop saying BL isnt relevant when Method themselves consider them to be a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerbrown View Post
    I know I am going to regret responding to you, but I have to ask:
    What is your deal exactly? Are you still playing this game? If yes, that means you have been playing for over 5 years now. What keeps u in this game if you don't enjoy it? Why are you trying so hard to make a point that the guilds who kill the bosses first are not the best? Do you have the feeling of 'if I had the time that these guys put in the game, I would be WF too!'? From what I hear, you were kind of a mediocre player and also had a bad temper (rager) when you were in Method, so sorry if I am crushing your dreams, but you probably wouldn't be killing any boss WF even if you put 25hours per day in the game, since you wouldn't make the cut for the core 25 players nowadays.

You also claim that there is no eFame and WoW is dead etc. Yet here you are everyday checking this thread which is basically about the race to kill Bosses First (competition). If it is so dead as you are implying, then why are you checking it everyday (probably have it bookmarked too)?

As for your last argument about the competition being too easy lately because all the good guilds are gone, take my word for it, a person who has played this game since BWL. The game was a complete joke in vanilla/tbc in terms of mechanics and coordination required. If anything, I would say that the guilds back then had it really easy in terms of skill requirements. All you needed was working connections and a basic understanding of the game. As the game progressed over the years, it requires a lot more advanced tactics (not just an addon: decursive), personal skill, and coordination than it ever did in the past.

I know you are probably a random guy with too much spare time irl that takes pleasure in just trolling forums (sad idd), so you will probably not respond to this post with any arguments just like you did with the previous one. Oh well, I guess you got me
    I am stating my opinion, as do you.
    You don't have to agree with me because I don't agree with you either.
    I am not going to defend myself, but feel free if you want to defend yourself and make this a personal attack.
    I try not to lower myself to your standards, I hope that's okay.

Deleted
    I am stating my opinion, as do you.
    You don't have to agree with me because I don't agree with you either.
    I am not going to defend myself, but feel free if you want to defend yourself and make this a personal attack.
    I try not to lower myself to your standards, I hope that's okay.
    That must be the worst reply I've ever read.

If you check his post history, it's only pathetic attempts on trolling and trying to make other people feel bad.
    Last edited by mmoc6312a2699d; 2013-03-30 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    That must be the worst reply I've ever read.

Is there some moderator around? If you check his post history, it's only pathetic attempts on trolling and trying to make other people feel bad.
    Did you may be see the text he quoted from me?
    That wasn't directly referred to anyone but me speaking my opinion in general.
    It was however a personal attack on me which i didn't do anything about but simply responded to in a nice matter.

The admins have seen my past responses already and I have been warned about it, there's no point in replying to ask for a moderator.
    If you don't agree with my posts you can report them and admin's will take action if deemed neccesary.
    Simply begging for a moderator is in my eyes more pathetic.

Roger. There are many people in this world like- Sil. Why get angry? I've never been in a guild like you, but I've played the game a long time and I'm as good as any of your guild mates. Enjoy your time off------Asp---

Deleted
    Did you may be see the text he quoted from me?
    That wasn't directly referred to anyone but me speaking my opinion in general.
    It was however a personal attack on me which i didn't do anything about but simply responded to in a nice matter.

The admins have seen my past responses already and I have been warned about it, there's no point in replying to ask for a moderator.
    If you don't agree with my posts you can report them and admin's will take action if deemed neccesary.
    Simply begging for a moderator is in my eyes more pathetic.
    Why don't you simply answer Rogerbrowns question about why you act like this? (Even though we all already know it's because you didn't cut it as one of Method members.)

Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    Why don't you simply answer Rogerbrowns question about why you act like this? (Even though we all already know it's because you didn't cut it as one of Method members.)
    Because this thread is not about personal interviews with ex-players it's about the guilds and their world first.
    I don't want to go offtopic because that might seem inappropriate.
    If you or anyone else have some personal questions i'd be happy to answer them in pm.
    I hope you understand the importance of keeping this thread on-topic.