Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    I wonder how 10 man deals with that push-back thing in the transition without access to 4x warlock portal to trivialize it.
    2 warlocks instead of 4

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

I think the new thought is they needed more Warlocks for portals, and they didn't have enough well geared alts? Who knows.
    fun fact, marilina replaced 1 alt warlock who was doing more dmg than he ended up, so there was no relation to gateways since we had 4 already before he transfered.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    For the method vid, vent was amusing... for 10 seconds. Then it was just stupid and really annoying for the viewer. I would have just turned the vid off if I wasn't curious to see the fight.

I also found the video really boring to watch until the last phase. I was really hoping for something epic to watch (like heroic rag).
    While the beginning of Method's video was super annoying, mostly because as a viewer you don't get what's so funny, voice comms still made it 100 times better.

When you watch so many kill videos, the only thing that makes them interesting is listening in to comms and being immersed in the kill / feeling the atmosphere / distinguishing between different raiding styles and circumstances.

I'm glad Absalom released a BL kill video with mumble, because the only way I was gonna watch another Lei Shen kill is from the real perspective of another guild.

On a side note, if you want to make it a little more 'epic to watch' I'd recommend you open up your dungeon journal and read what stuff does.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so now that the vids are out, what caused BL to be behind method? was BL's tacts not as good? BL didnt have the dps? or did method just get that stars align moment to finally get the kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macco View Post
    fun fact, marilina replaced 1 alt warlock who was doing more dmg than he ended up, so there was no relation to gateways since we had 4 already before he transfered.
    What's funny is I'm pretty sure it was this thread but before Mary w/e the name is transferred to Method for the kill, he was posting about how he's such a good dps and always beating mages and la la la and then soon as he changed guild, discovered he was near the bottom of methods recount. Now his dps still shits on so many peoples but I found that quite funny how it went from "im the best" to being shown otherwise to absolute silence from them afterwards.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    so now that the vids are out, what caused BL to be behind method? was BL's tacts not as good? BL didnt have the dps? or did method just get that stars align moment to finally get the kill?
    Affinity stated on his stream that BL had been using the wrong strat for a lot of their earlier attempts.
    Berupa, Guardian/Resto Druid
    Ironey, Holy/Disc
    Boozette, Brewmaster Monk
    Boozette, Brewmaster Monk

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    What's funny is I'm pretty sure it was this thread but before Mary w/e the name is transferred to Method for the kill, he was posting about how he's such a good dps and always beating mages and la la la and then soon as he changed guild, discovered he was near the bottom of methods recount. Now his dps still shits on so many peoples but I found that quite funny how it went from "im the best" to being shown otherwise to absolute silence from them afterwards.
    Marilina is still getting logs higher than Sparkuggz/Blatty on a regular basis as far as I'm aware. You have no idea what your talking about, Marilina is quite possibly the best warlock in the world.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Marilina is still getting logs higher than Sparkuggz/Blatty on a regular basis as far as I'm aware. You have no idea what your talking about, Marilina is quite possibly the best warlock in the world.
    best at cheesing? his dps was nowhere near that of the majority of methods players, and it was not a gear issue. there is more to being the best than the numbers. from what i saw, spark and blatty seem to be better at doing the high dps while doing the mechanics. having said that, maybe marilina was assigned a more difficult role, or he was assigned to only single target where spark and blatty were to aoe, hard to say

Deleted
    Considering most of logging on fights comes from padding dps (warlocks especially are known for it) that's hardly the most reliable indicator of real skill. I'm sure the guy is a good warlock, better than I'll ever be for sure, but he didn't cut it in the best guild in the world.

best at cheesing? his dps was nowhere near that of the majority of methods players, and it was not a gear issue. there is more to being the best than the numbers. from what i saw, spark and blatty seem to be better at doing the high dps while doing the mechanics. having said that, maybe marilina was assigned a more difficult role, or he was assigned to only single target where spark and blatty were to aoe, hard to say
    Could be because Spark and blatty was demo and marilina was affliction

from earlier in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    sorry to disappoint, but he was 6th from the bottom on boss dps, only beating people that died or hybrid healed

The other reason Marillina could perform worse than method's people in the raid (could be bad rng aswell, u know, those shards not proccing during heroism and what not) is because being a trial puts alot of pressure on the person, providing he was taken on progression on the boss that was going to be a world 1st kill and his (Marillina's) death (to whatever random stuff that could happen) could easily cause a wipe and then people would be like "hah, nice "best warlock in the world" wiping us". Its not really a common thing where trial gets into the progress raid, right?

It isnt that difficult to pad meters and be a farm log hero

I must say that I would prefer the more relaxed atmosphere from the Method kill than all that aggressive stuff in the Absalom video.

Can I just ask, are Locks really that good now, cos they completely smoked the other dps in BL' video and by quite a big gap?

Quote Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
    I must say that I would prefer the more relaxed atmosphere from the Method kill than all that aggressive stuff in the Absalom video.

Can I just ask, are Locks really that good now, cos they completely smoked the other dps in BL' video and by quite a big gap?
    They've been that good all expansion. If you raid hardmodes on 25 man and you don't have three or one in 10 man and at least one viable alt, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    10 man is just totally different on this fight. You can't use warlock portals the same way, but I mean, one thing you have to do in 25 man is specifically assign positions in each quadrant for transition phases so people can be spread while being in a safe spot for Helm and also close enough to get into the Overcharge etc. And you need a certain number of people in each one for Bolts. I don't know what 10 man is like, but presumably you don't need many people in each quadrant, so you could just put all the people who suck at dealing with helm on their own in a specific quadrant etc.

Either way it's another situation where they are completely different fights and pretending they are the same in any way is just dumb. I'm sure all the hardest things about 25 man are much easier on 10 man and vice-versa.

Well the question here (as with every heroic fight) is how many raid mechanics can you cheese on 25 man that 10 man has to deal with. I used to think this tier was probably pretty balanced until I found out you can sacrifice people to frostbite on 25 man, ignore first phase adds on consorts and probably countless other mechanics that a 10 man raid can't ignore without ludicrous class stacking.
    Last edited by xiic; 2013-04-05 at 03:11 PM.

There's no bad time for a 10v25 debate is there?

C'mon Xiic, it's too early for this!

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    Well the question here (as with every heroic fight) is how many raid mechanics can you cheese on 25 man that 10 man has to deal with. I used to think this tier was probably pretty balanced until I found out you can sacrifice people to frostbite on 25 man, ignore first phase adds on consorts and probably countless other mechanics that a 10 man raid can't ignore without ludicrous class stacking.
    Dear sir, what are you implying? 25m hc has been cheesy all MoP, part of the campain to revive 25m raiding I'm sure, along mit TF loot imbalances. But of course nobody states that officially, because players feel smarter when realising it themselves that they gain more when joining a 25m raid, not noticing blizzard is pulling the strings :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Dear sir, what are you implying? 25m hc has been cheesy all MoP, part of the campain to revive 25m raiding I'm sure, along mit TF loot imbalances. But of course nobody states that officially, because players feel smarter when realising it themselves that they gain more when joining a 25m raid, not noticing blizzard is pulling the strings :P
    ...lost for words....

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    25 man has always required some degree of cheesing mechanics to beat the encounter. Back during Wrath (when 25 man was tuned to be harder) Paragon needed to stack Paladins with Aura Mastery to get through certain parts of the fight with extreme levels of Shadow damage. On 10 man you wouldn't be able to do that (though it wasn't required on that fight, so its a moot point).

During Cata, Nefarian was downed by stacking Feral Druids so they could put the maximum amount of dot damage on him as possible during the transition to the platforms.

During Spine most 25 man guilds stacked Arcane Mages like they were going out of fashion.

It'll always happen, hense why 25 man has a higher percentage of health to burn through, and additional damage. Which most guilds still underheal (assuming they are supposed to be balanced for 7 healers, many guilds somehow get away with using 4 or 5!) so they can bring extra DPS!

I imagine Blizzard would love to condence the raiding scene into one bracket. Would make their jobs a lot easier, but at the expense of alienating a lot of people.

Deleted
    probably the reason marilina crawled back to envy is that he was getting crushed by blatty/sparkuggz

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just palm for a bit for completely not reading my post and going Captain Serious. I pointed out the humour from the saying how good they are to going elsewhere and suddenly you're no longer at the top and silence followed. What difference does it make that he could be the best? I don't doubt it, that's why he was there for the kill. It's not an attempted slander it's about how straight after the kill people were saying "lol he got beat on dps after that" and he was silent after that. If he resurges then great but until then it somewhat brings a smile. Read the posts following yours as someone quoted the bit I had in mind specifically but there were others. You seem to have no idea either, huh?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.