Would blizzard give me the tome in this case?

I opened a ticket yesterday figured i'd get a preliminary answer, so 2 days ago i killed the turtle rare, and he dropped the warlock tome, (as you most likely know rares are bugged) i saw it and it dissapeared, the rare being unlootable at the time i didn't know relogging fixed it, so now that i do, i opened a ticket hoping i can get that back either for my warlock or selling on AH/giving to a friend. any chance they will?

Deleted
    Probably not. If you didin't had it in your inventory Blizzard GM probably cannot give you any items from anything.

Nope, tried that with the same kind of thing happening to the battered hilt in wrath, the gm said "if its not looted then there is no data on your characters history to support this claim - but good luck with the farming"...

Quote Originally Posted by Enasael View Post
    Probably not. If you didin't had it in your inventory Blizzard GM probably cannot give you any items from anything.

The above statement is false, I have had GM's restore bugged loot items before (namely a Warglaive) but that dropped in a raid and I was the only class there that could have looted the item.

It's unlikely that they would restore the item that you saw because another lock probably looted it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone else had this problem before as well, so it sounds like a widespread issue. IDK if a GM could do it in-game, but contacting customer service could get them to do it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The thing is, it didn't "disappear". You were simply not fast enough. Another person picked it up before you did. It's not yours to claim so the GM won't do anything for you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno, the random rare items that spawn in the pandaria zones, occasionally bugged for me. id click on the item the loot window would open, i saw the item, got credit for the achieve, but got no item in my bags. it happened 3 times over about a month's worth of time, each time i got the item given to me after blizzard checked and saw that yes i did attempt to loot the object. so, its basically the same thing.. you looted an object (in this case a dead rare turtle) the loot window opened, you saw your item (this means a record was made that can be seen by GM's). yes its possible for you to be given the item. they are also aware of rares on the island not looting properly and are working to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    The above statement is false, I have had GM's restore bugged loot items before (namely a Warglaive) but that dropped in a raid and I was the only class there that could have looted the item.

It's unlikely that they would restore the item that you saw because another lock probably looted it.
    The difference is that your character data was in a raid (which has the table of items dropped), so the GM could see what dropped. This is out in the world. I don't know if they can be connected.

Maybe another lock took it before you did?

the thing is, i was told loot isn't shared for these rares, everyone gets their own? so i don't see how someone else could get it before me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found a trick to the looting bug. Logging out didn't work for me. I tried logging out and back in twice with a rare that I couldn't loot. I then tagged a random mob and killed it right next to the rare. Looting that new kill made the loot window pop up again with my items. This won't help you at this point with this particular kill, but keep this in mind for all future rare kills if you are unable to loot the mob.

won't hurt to try, but I suspect they won't have the data/info available in their logs to 'recover' your loot. (If it was intended for you, that is)

I had a problem on my shaman where i saw the loot which was a key, ritual stone, and a tome of valor. I was able to loot the ritual stone but neither of the other items and put in a ticket. The GM couldn't give me a Key because I had the luck of getting a key from a different mob for the week but he did restore my tome of valor.

It was someone else's Sealed Tome, you can see it, but cannot loot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Maybe another lock took it before you did?
    This. For some reason, the tome is on a FCFS basis. It can only be seen by Locks and whichever Lock gets there first gets the Tome. Worse than the way Warbringers are handled, tbh.