Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Guys, it looks like you've never played another MMOs at their endgame. Compared to them, WoW gring is really nothing.
    There is a really simple path to character progression this days. When you hit 90, what you need to do is start saving 1250 valor for 522 ilvl necklace. Before farming heroics, go buy yourself some 450 pvp items from AH, they are awesome for a start. You can buy 476 ilvl crafted gloves and chest also, but it is not needed. Run Arena scenario, it will give you 450 weapon. Enchant/gem everything possible. Farm heroics for valor and 463 ilvl stuff. While you are waiting for queue, do dailies in Krasarang 5.1 faction, orienting towards buying a 496 ring at honored. All justice points, which you get while farming heroics, must be converted into honor points to buy 476 ilvl pvp items, which are de facto pve gear with added pvp stats into them. All money gained while doing all this must be spent for buying DMC trinket, which is really awesome for any class/spec. Don't forget to visit a new thunder isle location and kill some rares there until a golden treasure key drops. When it is dropped, run a single Lei Shen treasure scenario, opening every chest in first room. This will grant you something near capped bonus roll coins. When you have this coins, do Sha and Galeon with bonus rolls, you'll get something good with a very high chance.
    That is really all you need to do. Compared to any other MMO game nowadays, it is really nothing in terms of time spent/reward gained.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-03-11 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyreks View Post
    Dungeons (463 stuff) Dailies & their rewards just don't waste valor/time on anything under 496, so Dominance Offensive and the new Isle of Thunder stuff.

Make sure to buy the 522 ilvl neck from Shadow Pan Assault 1250 Valor Neutral Rep required

And queue for LFR while doing said dailies once you get 460 from dungeons and daily gear.

If you have really lousy LFR loot luck, get some PvP gear (stuff with hit/expertise on it so it's still marginally PvE appropriate)

This will help get you to 470 which lets you into HoF and ToES LFR so you have way more loot opportunities & valor

It's really not that hard at all.
    No one is arguing that dailies and LFR are difficult. Gearing is just unnecessary long due to arbitrary gating.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    This game supports alts. Infact, this game IS oriented towards having alts, the alt leveling achievements are proof of that. Not mentioning the Valor buff to alts, the talk about making alt leveling easier, the leveling BoAs and so many things.
    Alts are an integral part of the game, as almost every player has them. And keeping several alts raid-ready is useful for everyone, as it simply makes you more versatile. I remember in Cata when I had all ten classes at 380 ilvl, ready to fill in if we needed a particular class/spec/role. I loved that versatility, and I'm not the only one.
    It's simply unfair to expect players to to the same grind again on every character, and the developpers think the same, as can be evidenced by twitter interactions. New 5-mans would go a long way to alleviate that(if only because current ones make me want to poke my eyes out when I do them to valor cap) and help returning players get into current content where the rest of the player base is.
    levelling and alt, enjoying story and new class =/= having raid ready alt.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    levelling and alt, enjoying story and new class =/= having raid ready alt.
    Valor alt buff and faction commendations disagree with you. What's the point of having an Alt of another class if you class if you can't even play said alt in endgame content?
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Yes I'm sad because I don't particular care about a label that over the years wow and the developers have pretty much ignored until mists. Keep telling people to leave it. The game will be down to 3 million subs and the developers will be out the fuckign door while the new group looks to draw all those players back.
    Ignored? what? what do you think MMORPG stands for?

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pigy View Post
    I'm fully aware of that, it is an alt after all and my main is in the 500's, HOWEVER the OP is about it being hard to gear up, which I don't agree with, 480 gets you into all the t14 raids.
    463 gets you into the T14 raids. More like 460 now with the 10% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    blues took justice to upgrade idiot. do you even play this game?

Mod Edit: Please don't insult other users.
    Yes You are an *****. We all know it takes JP not VP. It still the most stupid idea I have ever heard. The OP wants to get to LFR ASAP and you suggest him to get like 15k or even more than that JP to upgrade all pieces of his gear to 471? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Ignored? what? what do you think MMORPG stands for?[COLOR="red"]
    From what I'm told it's games that are massive online time sinks. Well WoW was a success and became more suscesfull by getting away from the model. It was more successful than ever mmo out there because it was less of a time sink and more accessible than every other mmo and the history of the game shows that this carries forward.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    and why do you think fresh 90 is more entitled to gearing up faster then what we did at start of MoP?
    Dude I didnt have 476 gear from the start, I dinged I run dungeons where everyone else also need gear from it, and everyone needed on anything just to boost ilvl (now everyone just disenchant, so it's much easier to gear up). I entered MV without 1 epic on me, and green helmet. There was no LFR at start, and it was massivly gated later on. but I managed, I did dailies, I was running raids every week, I earned it.
    Now some guys ding and think he deserve a reward for it, pathetic.
    Because its old content...

For the same reason its easier to get gear for a lvl 80...

Deleted
    Interestingly, the people that are opposed to the current system are completely ignoring the constructive replies advising the OP (or whoever thinks it's hard to gear up now) and are only focusing on "the other replies" completely disregarding all the advice provided, keeping their stance on how impossible it is to gear up... So I'll switch to "the other type of reply" style. As a person who has geared up his first char in TBC, 3 chars throughout WotLK (2 of them as alts, mind you, that means with expensive BoEs), 2 during Cata (1 as alt) and 2 during MoP (both different accounts, so neither as alts), I have to say it's never been so easy to gear up as it is right now. Yes, you could get 232 in ICC heroics, but that would give you 232 ilvl gear top (duh). That wouldn't get you into raids... (If you didn't want BoEs), you had to buy stuff with frosts (264) and triumphs (245)... Guess what? You can get 463 from HCs buy stuff with valor (522, 496, 489)... How is THAT different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Guess what? You can get 463 from HCs buy stuff with valor (522, 496, 489)... How is THAT different?
    Because to buy valor items now you have to grind dailies, which are boring.Oh and grind the same dungeons over and over since they aren't gonna add new ones for the whole expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brouhaha View Post
    because you are way undergeared and you probably dont know your class yet, so just MAYBE you will learn a thing or two about tanking as a monk before you go into a raid. MSV is min ilvl 460 if people are generous. you can get 463 through heroics. at ilvl 460 you can do msv lfr and get gear from that (extremely easily now) at 470 you can do Hall of fear and terrace LFR too. it is plenty easy enough, you just havent put enough time in yet. and you cant complain about the easy options for gearing alts if you havent unlocked them or choose to not use them (dailies to buy items with valor, lfr, using money to buy BOEs)
    Nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Interestingly, the people that are opposed to the current system are completely ignoring the constructive replies advising the OP (or whoever thinks it's hard to gear up now) and are only focusing on "the other replies" completely disregarding all the advice provided, keeping their stance on how impossible it is to gear up... So I'll switch to "the other type of reply" style. As a person who has geared up his first char in TBC, 3 chars throughout WotLK (2 of them as alts, mind you, that means with expensive BoEs), 2 during Cata (1 as alt) and 2 during MoP (both different accounts, so neither as alts), I have to say it's never been so easy to gear up as it is right now. Yes, you could get 232 in ICC heroics, but that would give you 232 ilvl gear top (duh). That wouldn't get you into raids... (If you didn't want BoEs), you had to buy stuff with frosts (264) and triumphs (245)... Guess what? You can get 463 from HCs buy stuff with valor (522, 496, 489)... How is THAT different?
    You could grind your way to raid entry gear. You can't do that now because it's gated. Back then you Could run dungeons as much as You wanted and could gear up as fast as you wanted too.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

I mean... you can't just jump in the week the patch hits and cry that nobody takes you into throne with an ilvl of not even 460. Do heroics, do LFR, maybe get into public MSV/HoF/ToeS raids. Earn some money, buy crafted gear. Get reputation. Wait till throne LFR gets released and gear up.
    Throne is even hard for guilds that completely cleared T14 NM. We are arround 495 and I think throne is doable but not that easy. So wait for LFR to be released, get some reputation on the ToT faction and then you will gear up. Then search for a guild and start serious raiding. Afterwards you will have to find a guild that is looking for a tank. Maybe you want to have two sets of equipment for two specs, so you can be flexible when joining a guild. Searching a guild as Tank can be really a pain in the ass.

Deleted
    You could grind your way to raid entry gear. You can't do that now because it's gated. Back then you Could run dungeons as much as You wanted and could gear up as fast as you wanted too.
    My warlock dinged 90 on Friday night. I worked a 14 hour shift on Saturday. My warlock is now 461 and will be running his first LFR tonight after I've had my dinner. This is without the benefit of double VP from the Valor of the Ancients buff. Gearing up in endgame MoP is still ridiculously fast. Sure, my alts aren't going to be ready for the latest tier raid after running a few HCs but it's really not much slower. I remember on the day when the DS HCs came out and a couple of people in my guild wouldn't touch them because of their experiences with HCs at the beginning of Cata and it took days to convince them otherwise. I believe you guys complaining about the grindy nature of the 5.2 gearing process are allowing your experiences at the beginning of the expansion to cloud your perception at just how fast gearing up alts can be. If it's your main which you are gearing and you are just back to WoW from a break wouldn't you prefer a system which took you through the content rather then allowing you to leapfrog over most of it to the latest tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is arguing that dailies and LFR are difficult. Gearing is just unnecessary long due to arbitrary gating.
    What do you suggest as a fix?

Hitting 460ilvl was never really an issue, hitting the 470 and 480ilvl marks is where it becomes a joke. Each week I run LFR each week the same exact drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Hitting 460ilvl was never really an issue, hitting the 470 and 480ilvl marks is where it becomes a joke. Each week I run LFR each week the same exact drops.
    Even without a single LFR drop the VP gear is half price and if it's an alt on an account with double rep flagged and the Valor of the Ancients buff hitting 480 is still no trouble. What took a night or two in the past now takes a couple of weeks casual play tops- is it really that different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    You can do PVP, buy any of the BoE trash items (old and new), craft gloves or chest for blood spirits or lower for 476 without spirits, free 476? epic boots for killing sha.

Gear is so easy to get, I really don't understand the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still grind your way to raid entry gear, it just means dailies and LFR instead of just running heroics (its still grinding just in a different way and before you say its a dumb way to grind some people may not have enjoyed the endless dungeons to grind gear). Not to mention the further along we get in MOP the easier it gets to gear (just like every expansion).

Really things are getting easier, the start of MOP was heavily gated but it was only a month in before they relaxed the rep required for gear and now there is a rep tied to a raid so no more dailies for the best gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Pug raids don't happen. They don't happen often enough, aren't reliable enough and are just more RNG. They were killed when raids started sharing a lock out. You really think the developers are telling the community no more new dungeons rely on /2 to gear you out?
    Ok so what I am reading is you don't want to do dungeons to gear up, you don't want to do dailies to gear up and you don't want to raid to gear up...

Um...maybe this MMO isn't for you chief.