Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    And what is the best/most useful tank for non rated BGs? Don't want to start a new topic ...

For non rated bgs it's probably feral, because in most cases you can kill the opposite fc without stacks or with low stacks, so you can take full advantage of your mobility.

But you don't need a tank in non rated bgs (and there often isn't even one). Healmonks are really good fcs in non rated bgs, since you have many survival cds, you can sustain a very high hps on yourself with healing spheres, you can abuse the Z-axis with your port and since the dmg buffs from the patch you can solo most classes 1on1 if your debuff isn't too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipostylor View Post
    I think druids are good FCs, but this whole "feral imba movement point" is way overhyped in this thread.

Let's be serious. Unless the opponent team is really bad (no coordination + no individual skill) or your team is already much stronger you won't score a fast flag.
    So what happens is both teams meet wherever and you have your average zerg - or both teams wait at their graveyards for a specific amount of stacks. FCs stay behind their teams and if one team is about to loose the zerg you start going towards your graveyard. At the graveyard you usually start winning the zerg again because your dead people respawn, the opposite healers go oom, your healers respawn with full mana etc.
    This happens until you can put out enough pressure and damage that you can kill the fc (with the whole zerg or with an invis go). And at this time the flag carrier already got enough debuff stacks to prevent his mobility.
    So if you instantly kill the opposite fc without debuff stacks or just 1 or 2 or sth (in which case your druid mobility is an advantage) chances are you could have won with playing only with your off hand on the keyboard, too.

I would rather be offensive then defensive. You just don't use their mobility for the first flag cap, they can keep surviving by themselves until 4 stacks. It seems you guys never have even seen a good druid tank in action....

Then on other maps the druid can go restore or boomkin while a tank can only go tank or arms which is not really good in rbgs.
    Last edited by apepi; 2013-03-13 at 04:31 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

guardian druid is very good on flag maps because he can easily disengage and bypass enemy team with stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll post here also.

The general consensus seems to be that Druids and perhaps Warriors are still the best classes for going Tank when in RBGs, but as its been brought up a few times here, I pose the question of which Tank class has the ability to perform in the other BGs as well? ie. When NOT in a CTF map, which of the classes brings the most to the table? I recently decided to move back to a PVP server after being off of them for a couple of years and I want a class that can tank in PVE and compete in both WPVP and in my guild RBGs as more than just a Tank for CTFs.

What are the opinions on the class that best fits these? I'm not a huge Arena player, as I dislike the small environments, so its not a big issue if I'm not as strong there.

My thoughts so far are split:
    Druid as I've already enjoyed the strength of stealth and it combined with flight form makes for WPVP strength. Adding the RBG flag carrier power on top of that would be icing. Then the option of Damage or Healing for other BGs is nice.
    Monk has my attention lately, but I think it might just be the novelty of it being new as why I enjoy it. I feel weaker when I'm alone on that char than any of my others and, reading this thread, it seems as if I'm not going to even be that good at flag carrying other than the gimmick of super speed capping which isn't really reliable. They have the semi-flight form escape option for WPVP though that caught my eye as well.

So, anyone have suggestions?
    TAZI-BEAR ... da Beast

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would rather be offensive then defensive. You just don't use their mobility for the first flag cap, they can keep surviving by themselves until 4 stacks. It seems you guys never have even seen a good druid tank in action....

Then on other maps the druid can go restore or boomkin while a tank can only go tank or arms which is not really good in rbgs.
    I think you didn't understand my statement. I played against feral fc tanks in 2300+ rating teams all the time and I already said feral druids are good and they have an advantage with their mobility until they have enough stacks to prevent it. But you don't kill any tank with low stacks anyways, no matter which one. What does it help your team that your fc just doesn't die "more"? Not dying is not dying. So no matter how you look at it, if two teams at equal skill play each other in a flag rbg, any fc of both teams will fall AFTER your druid is denied his mobility through debuff stacks, because only then you do enough damage to kill them.
    And if you are better or worse than the other team, you will win or loose no matter what flag carrier you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazienne View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll post here also.

The general consensus seems to be that Druids and perhaps Warriors are still the best classes for going Tank when in RBGs, but as its been brought up a few times here, I pose the question of which Tank class has the ability to perform in the other BGs as well? ie. When NOT in a CTF map, which of the classes brings the most to the table? I recently decided to move back to a PVP server after being off of them for a couple of years and I want a class that can tank in PVE and compete in both WPVP and in my guild RBGs as more than just a Tank for CTFs.

What are the opinions on the class that best fits these? I'm not a huge Arena player, as I dislike the small environments, so its not a big issue if I'm not as strong there.

My thoughts so far are split:
    Druid as I've already enjoyed the strength of stealth and it combined with flight form makes for WPVP strength. Adding the RBG flag carrier power on top of that would be icing. Then the option of Damage or Healing for other BGs is nice.
    Monk has my attention lately, but I think it might just be the novelty of it being new as why I enjoy it. I feel weaker when I'm alone on that char than any of my others and, reading this thread, it seems as if I'm not going to even be that good at flag carrying other than the gimmick of super speed capping which isn't really reliable. They have the semi-flight form escape option for WPVP though that caught my eye as well.

So, anyone have suggestions?
    Well you actually answered your question.

Druids are hands down the best for games that are not CTF. Stealth plays a big part in that. Also since disarms are so frequent in BGs, Druids get away with that since actually disarming them isn't reducing their survivability besides a few stat points.

Another thing is that they have a very good CC ability in Cyclone and strong off heals in tranquillity. Their mobility is also better than warriors considering shapelifting removes all snares/slows/roots. Warriors don't really have that advantage. Sure they have intervene on a 30 sec CD.

Especially for maps that have water such as Gilneas and AB, Druids provide better mobility and can hold onto a base long enough while absorbing a ton of damage.

I don't have much experience with Brewmaster Monks and not much has been made about them yet. They are mobile and their mastery is pretty good. But I don't think they are better than Warriors.