Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For my Aff parses from Jin, Council and Tortos it looks like a 5-7% nerf (inc Corr and MG Corr). Not the end of the world. Interested to how grim sims will change.

It's a bigger AoE nerf obv, but I think I'd be Destro if I needed to AE anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    I'm so fucking fed up with Blizzard. I might just unsubscribe after these changes heh. I'm tired of doing backflips and getting screwed over at the whim of a designer.
    From your own signature: "Change is the only constant. Deal with it."

Looking at my logs, it looks like this might end up being ~5% nerf to demo =/

Well, was fun to use my green demon form for a week. Back to Affliction for me.

dont forget that it also nerf affli aoe sb:soc ....
    conspiration theory
    i see how they rly want to force everyone to play spec that uses (green) fire
    something like you wanted green fire we will give it to you but you will pay for it

a yea will rip this part of patch notes for later use wondering when that kind of nerfs come
    and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights
    Last edited by Scorp969; 2013-03-12 at 07:47 PM.
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Reading this honestly gave me a very sick feeling in my stomach. Wouldn't it be easier to just remove all gear above 463 ilvl if they want to stonewall people against being effective? Playing lock already felt depressing with the initial 5.2 nerfs, now its just getting oppressive.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by macazine View Post
    +10, I approve

The only real big hit from this is for Demonology. It puts all three specs more in line with each other and honestly Destruction seems like it will shine brighter on most fights now especially with some 522 upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Wessrow View Post
    The worst thing is that for Demo it's a double 25% nerf
    It's a double nerf to affliction too considering the amount of damage from MG that will be affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by macazine View Post
    That's what I intend to do, but you have to admit, this is absurd. In any evolutionary ladder erratic change and mutation leads to death. I don't know how to gauge whether this is slight, or mutagenic lol.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Ericprydz View Post
    The only real big hit from this is for Demonology. It puts all three specs more in line with each other and honestly Destruction seems like it will shine brighter on most fights now especially with some 522 upgrades.
    Destro was top on 8 target AOE, worst on 2 target by a hair (all 3 specs were only like 1% apart or something) and basically par with affliction in current gear on single target(though affi scaled better) before the nerfs. Should basically be top on all 3 after these nerfs at least during progression as affi won't overtake it on single target now until close to BiS.

Overkill kneejerk nerfs are overkill.
    If they want everyone to play with green fire just buff destro... no need to nerf poor old demo... afflic was strong, but not so OP that a 25% nerf to corruption was needed.. maybe like 10%? nerf. I dont know. Seems a bit stupid to me. Maybe destro will be good?

Love how they don't mention how these changes will affect at all. The main problem with affli in PvP right now is our BAD dotting power! This -25% nerf is gonna gut the spec even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Overkill kneejerk nerfs are overkill.
    If they want everyone to play with green fire just buff destro... no need to nerf poor old demo... afflic was strong, but not so OP that a 25% nerf to corruption was needed.. maybe like 10%? nerf. I dont know. Seems a bit stupid to me. Maybe destro will be good?
    Yeah Affliction had already taken a noticeable hit in 5.2. Still performs well and capable of topping meters though

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    For my Aff parses from Jin, Council and Tortos it looks like a 5-7% nerf (inc Corr and MG Corr). Not the end of the world. Interested to how grim sims will change.

It's a bigger AoE nerf obv, but I think I'd be Destro if I needed to AE anyway.
    Thx. Thas is what i was looking for.
    Since now we have an idea for pve single targets, i'd say that destro can do better..
    the hell, i'm gonna stick with afflic 'till the heavens fall apart!

They should have given a buff to malefic now, TOTALLY single target so that their intended idea would not be thrown away and fix some single target things.

I'm really happy they didn't touch Destro, I know it was already competitive but now it really feels like from a non-bleeding edge perspective you can play whichever spec you like and not feel like you're dragging down the group. Maybe a little too much on Demo all things considered? Can't really complain too much when even with the nerfs all three specs perform really well still.

And if you're a world first/server first raider then you were probably going to play whichever spec was best for progression, even if it was a 1% difference. Not much room for spec loyalty there.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Thx. Thas is what i was looking for.
    Since now we have an idea for pve single targets, i'd say that destro can do better..
    the hell, i'm gonna stick with afflic 'till the heavens fall apart!

They should have given a buff to malefic now, TOTALLY single target so that their intended idea would not be thrown away and fix some single target things.
    Yeah totally single target would make us affli locks awesome in PvP! /sarcasm... Stand there and channel a single spell like a douche is like begging to be CSed/trained...

Edit: I don't mean to jump you, but as a PvPer I'm kinda sick of this PvE-only logic when it comes to locks in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty big nerf for both PvP and PvE... yaaay, lovely.
    Seems to be ~5% single target for PvE, don't even want to mention how big of a nerf it is for PvP to prevent a total outrage.

According to the T15 sim spell breakdown it's about a 4% single-target nerf for Demo and a 5.5% single-target nerf for Affliction.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really don't want us to play Affliction in PvP anymore, do they?