• Yes, stopped playing since on a dead realm

181 16.90%
  • Yes

727 67.88%
  • No

163 15.22%
Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Should Blizzard implement a realm merge for Low populated realms, poll.

The title says it all, just want so see how the community sees this issue, myself I am still saying, that there are way too many realms at EU/US, they should be merged.

well a merger or transfers to higher pop realms yeah. free transfers off of high pop realms work if there's actually enough people willing to populate low pop realms which is not the case these days.

yes they should, should have done this ages ago instead of xrealm really, so many dead/dying servers its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    yes they should, should have done this ages ago instead of xrealm really, so many dead/dying servers its sad.
    You are so correct mate, but it seems, that they are not willing to have a conversation with us, atleast at EU, the huge ongoing thread on Low/Unbalanced realms has been without a blue responce soon for a year.
    I cannot understand how they can afford not to take this thing seriosly.

Edit: Since I am from EU, if someone from US sees this, would you be kind and post a link to this poll to some thread, that is having a conversation 'bout the dead realm issue, thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Dezminion; 2013-03-13 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, But not all of them. There are people that actually enjoy playing on dead realms.

Deleted
    They need to do this, I'm on a low pop realm and frankly its becoming a joke now when you turn up as the only guy in Tol Barad.

I don't care if its bad press, wow will die faster due to low pop realm people quitting than the bad press itself caused by a merger.

The only problem is names but fuck that, is it worth everything else being ruined?

If they actually allowed trade through cross-realm, guilds and auction house... we wouldn't really need a merger.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Merges are so necessary...I'm on a dying realm too...and playing isn't fun but instead it turns into pain...recruiting is a disaster because noone wants low pop with bad economy. I've written a ticket and the answer was some kind of autogenerated "ppl from social department observe realms and allow free migration when needed" ...my ass....I've seen realms with only one guild with almost no progress and like 300 ppl pop...who needs this?

Deleted
    They should just make it free to transfer to a medium server for people who play on low servers. OR give a few benefits for transfering from a high server to a low server. But im not sure what kind of benefits would be appropriate.

I think they will come up with a better solution to low pop realms than a merger, Some people enjoy lower pop realms, I being one of them. I can't stand tons of people on the server, it's more aggravating than anything. And things like names DO matter to a lot of people, it really sucked starting on this server when i came back to the game to find some of my names that I had always used taken. So, all in all, no I don't think they should do server merges, free transfers off and onto those servers for people who want to go to large pop servers, and for people from large pop servers who want to bit more peace and quiet in their game.

Blizzard: We'll do something!

Dead Realm People: Yesyesyes

Blizzard: Time to open FCMs to your server

Dead Realm People: ....

My realm went from High pop to DEAD so I'd have to say yes. Used to have tons of 40 man guilds and now 25 man isn't even an option anymore.

I'd love to see high horde/low alliance being merged with low horde/high alliance realms as well. My realm (Ravencrest EU) has a 0.02:1.00 Horde/Alliance ratio right now, so there's no such thing as world PvP or even encountering a horde character in the world anymore.

They should but they will try hundreds of other things before doing it. It would mean that they openly admit not just that the number of players is decreasing but also that their outlook is that this will get worse long-term.

Deleted
    Yes, if they do not, the people there will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I'd love to see high horde/low alliance being merged with low horde/high alliance realms as well. My realm (Ravencrest EU) has a 0.02:1.00 Horde/Alliance ratio right now, so there's no such thing as world PvP or even encountering a horde character in the world anymore.
    That's my realm too, the lack of world pvp didn't help keep me subscribed
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

They should definitly merge them. Possible issues: Duplicate names, guild names. People who enjoy their low pop realms. Admitting to the public that their game has decreased in population (Just added because people seem to bring it up along, I don't see it as an issue.). Bizzard side issue: Less money from server transfers.

Brainstorm for solutions to these issues!

Deleted
    Should they? Maybe.

Will they? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    They created CRZ as a solution to this issue and what has been the result? Constant whining and complaining about having to share the world with others. There are really two lessons we can draw from this; 1) People whine about anything and everything. 2) The people that play on lowpop servers largely do so because they enjoy small population realms where camping rare spawns or having low raid competition is the norm.

There is nothing wrong with that, I just wish people could admit it rather than finger pointing at how Blizzard has ruined the game *yet again* by giving them an easy way to play with others.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of merging realms they should permanently xrealm the low population ones. This way you won't have the issues with character names (only guild names, since you want both xrealm to be able to join the same guild) :P