When to break t14 set bonus?

Hello everyone!

I am currently in 508 gear, with 4pc bonus (raiding Destro) I just picked up a pair on non t15 522 gloves, and can't decide if I should break my 4pc or not.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!!

In this case this is why you'd sim, while a sim might not be accurate play it should be accurate enough to help you on decisions like these. It's what I do at least; simulate once with your current gear reforged perfectly with 4pc then figure out perfect reforges for the 3pc with the 522 gloves and sim it again, compare the data.

i currently wait till i get 2 parts
    since 517 to 522 isn't that big of a change and -40sec on my fav cooldown is just way better then "a bit less costs" or "more haunt uptime" .. in the beginning i normaly don't have shard probs

my sim tells me i schould break my t14 (got t15 head and the gloves from the first boss since noone wanted them) but for most fights the shorter cooldown is way more important.

It's worth breaking at any gear level. I was at 514 iLVL coming into the patch with all my tier upgraded. In every sim I did it was well worth (1-2k ish DPS [single target]) higher to go 2pc/2pc than keep 4pc T14.

Multitarget T14 probably outweighs because you're not actually using Haunt as much, or at all - so the shorter CD is much more beneficial.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i currently have the 483 tier chest - am i right in thinking that i should break 4 piece as soon as i get a 522 chest?

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It's worth breaking at any gear level. I was at 514 iLVL coming into the patch with all my tier upgraded. In every sim I did it was well worth (1-2k ish DPS [single target]) higher to go 2pc/2pc than keep 4pc T14.

Multitarget T14 probably outweighs because you're not actually using Haunt as much, or at all - so the shorter CD is much more beneficial.

I believe we are not talking about replacing it with another 2pc set.

My sims show me that even the 496 4set is not worth breaking it for a single piece of 522 gear. Replacing it with 2 items of tier 15 is def. worth it. but aslong as you have 1, just stick it in your bags until you get a 2nd item

Correct, I am not replacing with 2x T15 just 2X 522.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by burnthru View Post
    Correct, I am not replacing with 2x T15 just 2X 522.

Thanks!
    My bad, reading is hard when you first wake up.