Hand of Purity no longer reduces the damage dealt by effects that ignore immunities

Anyone know what does that really means? Are there effects that ignore immunities and deal damages ingame?

Yes, there are several such abilities in boss fights these days. For example a mage cant absorb the unseen strike on bladelord tawhateveritwas with iceblock, nor the add-explosion on elegon HC.

It was done to stop people bringing multiple paladins in 25m Council Heroic to chain purity frostbite. Also that change is very poorly worded since you could in fact immunity the dot damage but could not remove the debuff itself with immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    It was done to stop people bringing multiple paladins in 25m Council Heroic to chain purity frostbite. Also that change is very poorly worded since you could in fact immunity the dot damage but could not remove the debuff itself with immunity.
    So in terms of heroic council of elders, is hand of purity useless when casted on people with frostbite? eg. no longer reduces the periodic damage by 70%, and overall damage taken by 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    So in terms of heroic council of elders, is hand of purity useless when casted on people with frostbite? eg. no longer reduces the periodic damage by 70%, and overall damage taken by 10%.
    By the sounds of it, it'll be useless, yes. Don't see why this change wasn't brought in with 5.2 release, though...
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-03-20 at 05:59 AM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

As far as I have heard, the blizzard policy is "we don't make fights harder after it's out and it's been killed many times". That's what they did with rag's geyser and with several other fights which I can't recall at the moment. Council really doesn't matter in the race atm and they decide to make it harder for some reason? I know, it's by reducing the gimmickness but still, they should compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    As far as I have heard, the blizzard policy is "we don't make fights harder after it's out and it's been killed many times". That's what they did with rag's geyser and with several other fights which I can't recall at the moment. Council really doesn't matter in the race atm and they decide to make it harder for some reason? I know, it's by reducing the gimmickness but still, they should compensate.

They nerfed council on heroic alot so i think its fine

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    They nerfed council on heroic alot so i think its fine
    Really? it only appears that they nerfed shadowed soul damage increase stacks, and they nerfed hand of purity for frostbite, seems like the buffed the boss tbh.

So anyone have any ideas as to what you can still use purity on, I still run MSV on occasion for alts and such, and No purity on feng or SG although not a bust not being able to use it, definitely take less damage with on the bleed from SG and the DoTs from feng. Or even the Wind Step Debuff on Blade lord I assume you can still use it to reduce that DoT damage since the move is not immune. Hell even parasite on Amber shaper. Maybe we can get a list of Moves it actually reduces damage on still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slakr View Post
    So anyone have any ideas as to what you can still use purity on, I still run MSV on occasion for alts and such, and No purity on feng or SG although not a bust not being able to use it, definitely take less damage with on the bleed from SG and the DoTs from feng. Or even the Wind Step Debuff on Blade lord I assume you can still use it to reduce that DoT damage since the move is not immune. Hell even parasite on Amber shaper. Maybe we can get a list of Moves it actually reduces damage on still.
    Judging by the notes along with this change, it was also implemented to stop chain-purity on Megaera's Ignite Flesh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is terrible news. I was excited to finally have more use for HoPur.

So in fact instead of tweaking an ability that obviously doesn't suit their current style of raid/boss-damage they effectively make it moot?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercon View Post
    So in fact instead of tweaking an ability that obviously doesn't suit their current style of raid/boss-damage they effectively make it moot?
    All they had to do was give it a debuff like Forbearance (but NOT Forbearance) when cast on a person lasting 30s to prevent chain casting...

The fact they were making more and more boss abilities immune to immunities was a little silly in itself. This escalation is just getting sillier.

It's going to reach the stage where utility starts to feel irrelevant in raids if they keeping making mobs immune to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Judging by the notes along with this change, it was also implemented to stop chain-purity on Megaera's Ignite Flesh.
    It's a pretty shitty change for 10 man raids. You know where the ability was useful. I guess you could stack paladins in a 10 man as well but it seems to hurt players who bring 1 paladin and now are punished because a few guilds decided to stack them to bypass boss abilities. just bad design fron devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    It works on Magaera's breath.
    During prog last night we were chaining purities on myself and it still stopped the damage (or rather, lowered it extremely)
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post
    Analyzing some logs I can say that the 70% DoT reduction was indeed nerfed, but the 10% overall reduction still works. Still a huge nerf

Before the hotfix: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...22Erfrieren%22
    (27% damage taken, which is 90% * 30%)

After the hotfix: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...22Erfrieren%22
    (90% damage taken)

Not sure if its related, but Divine Shield is no longer immuning damage from Durumu's Eye Sores during the maze phase.