Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The New Warchief?

We were recently hinted that the leader of the Blood Elves, Lor'themar, may be a contender for the throne as Warchief.
    This makes me sad. I understand that he's a contender, it's just a simple consideration and that it may just be that. But- An Elf should never lead the Horde- Ever.

The only arguably valid reason for crowning an Elf Warchief would be to cater to the worrying statistic of Elf players (it's no secret that they dominate a great proportion of the Horde playerbase) but, to put Lor'themar before all of the other 'canidates' to become warchief would be an utter disregard for Lore.

The reason Garrosh was appointed 'stand-in' warchief by thrall is because he was a hero of the people, a physical embodiment of what it meant to be Orc, what it meant to be Horde. For the best part, he was revered and loved for it. Sadly, Garrosh is taking a dark path and we all know how it ends for him.

Lor'themar, though I can appreciate that he may lead some kind of rebellion and take the horde into a new age, giving them a whole new perspective upon Elves, hasn't really made himself a noticable character. Even if he becomes this great pillar of the Horde and wins the hearts of even the most xenophobic Darkspear, it will never change the fact that he is behind characters like Saurfang, Eitrigg, Nazgrim, Dezco, Baine, Vol'jin and many more.

Personally, I like Lor'themar as the Elven leader.
    Not as the leader of the Horde.

TL;DR : "QQ i dont like elves and i'm butthurt"

Putting your personal preference of staring at female BElf booty all day.. What do you think?

slime

Deleted
    A girlish BE with bad make up leading the horde?

No way.

Vol'jin is going to be the next warchief anyways.

I feel like that's what we expect from Blizzard now.. They might try and suprise us, for the worse or the better.

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly believe they are seriously putting lor'themar as a contender, they are just trolling the playerbase.

But honestly, if they did, I would just hand in the towel and say FU blizzard, you've lost the plot, go dig yourself an early grave.

The prinicple of what the horde is meant to be, is based around groups of noble yet savage races banding together. It is not represented by some ex-alliance characters whos only reason for being in the horde is out of convenience rather then forthright. The same goes for sylvanas, neither she or lor'themar represent the hordes true values at its core.

Give lor'themar some lore, thats dandy, but dear god, if they make him warchief, I've had it. It was a poor enough decision by the writers to remove Thrall and replace him with Garrosh, but if they do this.. thats it.

I agree with you for the best part, Trassk, but I think that Garrosh is a leader the Horde truly needed.

Another note- I think he's already well-signed his death sentence; But I fear Blizzard are going to make the mistake of over-excusing Garrosh's death by including the Sha. The Sha don't need to get involved, Garrosh is doing a good enough job of making enemies without the help of new watered-down antagonists.

slime

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    A girlish BE with bad make up leading the horde?

No way.

Vol'jin is going to be the next warchief anyways.
    Vol'Jin mon'!!!!

Deleted
    Saurfang - too old
    Eitrigg - same
    Thrall - lost his balls
    Rexxar - man of the wild, not an politicial
    Nazgrim - pro Garrosh
    Med'an - not seen in game, neutral
    Sylvanas - too evil, and not loyal
    Lor'themar - too gay
    Vol'jin - would fit more as some kind of an advisor
    Baine - too young

I think that orcs will go back to the clans, instead of being one faction. Horde probably will not have one leader, Warchief will probably be limited to war things, and other leaders would care about their business.

Deleted
    Saurfang is a bit too old, otherwise I'd take him, so I'll go with Vol'jin. Powerful, a talented leader and has respect within the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    I agree with you for the best part, Trassk, but I think that Garrosh is a leader the Horde truly needed.

Another note- I think he's already well-signed his death sentence; But I fear Blizzard are going to make the mistake of over-excusing Garrosh's death by including the Sha. The Sha don't need to get involved, Garrosh is doing a good enough job of making enemies without the help of new watered-down antagonists.
    they honestly didn't need him.

I don't get peoples assumption of this. Why did the horde need someone like Garrosh? Did they need someone to lead them into full on unprovoked war and start another conflict that would cost more lives?
    Or did they just need him as a character to stir up shit and make it into something the horde would need to recover from in the future?

He wasn't needed, the horde was fine without Garrosh, he was simply made to shake the story up and make the horde realize that all out war is bad and make the alliance feel super about themselves again in fighting a bad guy.

My problem is that I think Vol'jin would feel too uncomfortable taking the mantle of the Warchief after he (presumably) helped kill the last one, the son of Thrall's best friend. Not to mention that Vol'jin spent a lot of time working with the leader of the Horde, Thrall, so it's unlikely that he'll be quick to sit under mannoroth's bones.

slime

They said Lor'themar was considered to troll you guys, seriously he's not Warchief material, the guy even considered turning his back to the Horde to join the Alliance. Do you want that guy in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    they honestly didn't need him.

I don't get peoples assumption of this. Why did the horde need someone like Garrosh? Did they need someone to lead them into full on unprovoked war and start another conflict that would cost more lives?
    Or did they just need him as a character to stir up shit and make it into something the horde would need to recover from in the future?

He wasn't needed, the horde was fine without Garrosh, he was simply made to shake the story up and make the horde realize that all out war is bad and make the alliance feel super about themselves again in fighting a bad guy.
    Because Garrosh was a war hero. He had the heart and minds of the Horde in the palm of his hand, and he had the complete pontential to lead them to glory and greener pastures. But he was too young, he was reckless and selfish.

Out of all the possible stand-in Warchiefs' at the time, Garrosh stood out to Thrall as the most obvious option. Saurfang was old and in mourning, Vol'jin wasn't an Orc, Carine was too old and so was eitrigg. Garrosh was young, fighting and the best thing the Horde had to Grom himself.

That's why the Horde needed him.

slime

Deleted
    Still with "Saurfang is too old..." He is around 60s years old, he JUST led a expedition against the Lich King not more than 3 years ago, clearly on his fighting prime. And now he is too old for statecraft?

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:18 PM ----------

Because Garrosh was a war hero.
    Propaganda. He is called a "war hero" for the Northrend Campaign. Campaign that Saurfang and the PC have done all the work.

And Garrosh wasn't "young", he is older than Thrall. He was chosen because Dranosh was dead.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-03-09 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Garrosh was a war hero. He had the heart and minds of the Horde in the palm of his hand, and he had the complete pontential to lead them to glory and greener pastures. But he was too young, he was reckless and selfish.

Out of all the possible stand-in Warchiefs' at the time, Garrosh stood out to Thrall as the most obvious option. Saurfang was old and in mourning, Vol'jin wasn't an Orc, Carine was too old and so was eitrigg. Garrosh was young, fighting and the best thing the Horde had to Grom himself.

That's why the Horde needed him.
    Don't try and convince the point using misconstrued concepts. He was only a war hero in the sense the yes of the orcs and the horde didn't realize the full scale of who did all the work in northrend, and they interpreted him wrongly. If anything there ignorance made him appear more then he was.

And anyone with whos smart enough to remember what Grom did would know right from the start that Garrosh would repeat the same mistakes his father did, which I have been saying since day one, and yet people thought he could do better? Speaks for the wow communities general lack of common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    He won't be the Warchief. They're just pushing him as a candidate to hype his character up.

Which isn't a bad thing. He's been pretty unappreciated for the better part of a decade.

Deleted
    Just gonna poste what I wrote in another thread on this topic:

First of all, I love Blood Elves. They are my favourite race in all of Wow. And I really dig the new Lor'Themar. But the idea as him as warchief just doesn't seem right to me.

He's an excellent leader and the best thing that could have happened to the Blood Elves in their times of trouble since the third war. While some might argue this is what makes him Warchief material (which might be true), I say this is the exact reason why he shouldn't be Warchief. The Blood Elves have an excellent leader on their hands right now and I don't really think taking him away in a way would be kinda sad.

You don't have to be Warchief to play an important role in the Horde. He himself is a great general and his Blood Elves are the most exquisite mages in the Horde, and his actions on the Isle of Thunder show, that the Blood Elves are a force to be reckoned with in both strength (they aren't that many and they can stand against Zandalari, Mogu, Saurok and the Alliance) and wisdom (Lor'Themar preparing for an uprising within the Horde shows his foresight).

I say, let Lor'Themar continue his current path of awesomeness and let him stand side by side with the new Warchief, as the Leader of the Sin'Dorei.

PS: Warchief Theron sounds kinda stupid :P

so now 2 quests and a short story are enought to jump from Bob "who?" Theron to Warchief of the Horde?
    Sorry but there is only one fit to be warchief lorewise atm

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

The prinicple of what the horde is meant to be, is based around groups of noble yet savage races banding together. It is not represented by some ex-alliance characters whos only reason for being in the horde is out of convenience rather then forthright. The same goes for sylvanas, neither she or lor'themar represent the hordes true values at its core.
    the only race in the horde that is 'noble yet savage' could be the tauren,
    sorry but the rest of them are monsters and irreparably evil

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I hope he is as hatefull to the alliance as Garrosh, but not as insane as Garrosh.
    2. I honestly think it will be an orc, I can't imagine a troll or bloodelf or tauren or w/e to be warchief, It doesn't fit the puzzle in my eyes ;p

Thrall would be nice to be back, but he became to neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    the only race in the horde that is 'noble yet savage' could be the tauren,
    sorry but the rest of them are monsters and irreparably evil
    "Hey I'm an alliance fan who thinks wow is the same as warhammer or lord of the rings online"

Sorry, but your wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    1. I hope he is as hatefull to the alliance as Garrosh, but not as insane as Garrosh.
    2. I honestly think it will be an orc, I can't imagine a troll or bloodelf or tauren or w/e to be warchief, It doesn't fit the puzzle in my eyes ;p

Thrall would be nice to be back, but he became to neutral.
    which was a mistake they made in the story, one I think now they are regretting.