Poll: Would you like Asian 10/25 model

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Fuck yeah, I WANT TO RAID MOAR!

Wrath's model was the best model.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I find it funny that this good old 25 vs 10 difficulty debate is still going on. If you think about it, why is LFR 25 man instead of 10 already? Oh yes, because it's easier to carry people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I find it funny that this good old 25 vs 10 difficulty debate is still going on. If you think about it, why is LFR 25 man instead of 10 already? Oh yes, because it's easier to carry people.
    25 LFR is designed to carry people. 25 man normal/heroic is not.

With just as bad logic you could say
    "Why is regular dungeons 5 man and not 40 man? Yes because fewer people is easier lol!"

You should really think before you come with such bad arguments.

yes, and not just because i think asian chicks are HOT
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    I found quite funny your bad knowledge about raiding model's.
    How many play The dps roll...how many the tank and how many healer's.

In order to Have 10-man Lfr all Wow population Must be 50% Dpsr's...30% Healers and 20% Tank's.

Imagine right now With 25-man Lfr que are more than 1 hour for Dpsr...( 2 Hour's today for My Mage to Enter ..Tot._) Imagine Current state and having 10-man Lfr and not 25-man....6/7 Hours average que time for Dpsrs...

So if you think that your 10-man are so Op....Why so few raider's? Why so Few raiding Guilds...? 10-man problem is mostly a Good Tank or Healer... o yes..Rerrol to Tank healer to keep up raiding .

Think before you post or even act(Helps a lot in Irl)
    Last edited by mmoc66990be288; 2013-03-19 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Either a "silly" guy or a troll that cannot grasp the difference between progress and farming, or pretends that he cant to get some attention.
    Nothing new, we have a guy like you with a sig from the devs even, taken out of context.
    You re not even original that is...

Yes.

Early Cata's separate lockout pretension disappeared with the advent of LFR -- only in some cases it's worse, as many players endure additional runs for Valor.

Equal rewards focused the venue question on efficiency. It should be about experience. Plus, 10-man is the natural choice for an easier, entry-level encounter.

It's all about #4 -> I'll never pay for wow again, until #4 is the way it is. Blizz - please stop telling me how I like to play the game. I feel bad for all of the pricks that felt like 'they needed' to run both weekly and it was just oh oh too much for their poor little souls to handle. How about those of us that enjoyed and looked forward to running both, guess we just get fucked... or get an asian account o,O.

@Spotnick I always thought it was a 25 man format (LFR) because the bulk of their players play DPS role mostly and this gets the most in for each LFR run. But I guess you could be right too, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-03-19 at 07:10 PM.

No I'm not a troll, I have been officer and raid leader of a 25 man heroic progression group from Tier 9 to Tier 12, I made the swap to 10 man because I was sick to death of having to rebuild my roster every month. It's only the logistic side of 25 that is harder. The impact of losing 1 person for a 10 man raid (either to a death in a raid, or roster change) is a lot bigger in 10 man, plus 25 are much more forgiving for errors as you have 3 battle rez and have tons of utility and you are garanteed to have every buff.

And obviously, the loot. You get so much more loot that the encounters are nerfing themselves at a much faster pace because of that, because the raid difficulty is technically on par, but you get so much more loot that it's easier faster than 10 man.

Most people are biased on this topic because they always say "we swapped to 10 man, and we 2 shot it".. well, this tells you exactly that, you cut the dead wood and your better skilled group killed it faster, has nothing to do with raid size. And trust me, I was pro-25, and I still miss raiding 25, just not leading them, but from my perspective, 10 man is more challenging (especially as a healer) than 25.

So no, I was not trolling, it's my own opinion from having played both sides, you don't have to agree with it.

Deleted
    -text-
    If you had to rebuild your roster every month, there was probably an issue with the leadership in your guild or something else in your guild. Why else would so many people leave?

Also, I do not think people saying "we swapped to 10 man and 2 shot it" is biased, or because the cut the dead weight.

Whenever my guild cut to 10 man for holidays or whatever, we did not exactly select the top 10 players, we just invited randomly whoever wanted to come, with no regards to classes or whatever, only roles ofc.

We used to have an alt run, same deal there, by no mean the top 10 players, just the 10 players that actually wanted to play an alt run, and we out progressed our main run in both FL and DS. And that was not carrying dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you had to rebuild your roster every month, there was probably an issue with the leadership in your guild or something else in your guild. Why else would so many people leave?
    You'd be surprised by the amount of people who simply stopped playing WOW.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well I know the consequences that followed, but I ask non-Asian realm people would you take the model if its available?
    The simple, answer is no, I wouldn't.

The Wrath model, which this emulates to a large degree, had a large number of flaws. Being "encouraged" to run raids up to 4 times a week to keep up with the rest of my guild and not hold them back was fun at first, but it's not something I want to do now, even if I had the time to do so.

It is simply not worth it. All the current model needs is some mechanic to address the logistical issues faced by 25s, to discourage their break up while still leaving those who want to do 10s free to do so without feeling coerced into runnignn 25s simply for the gear.

Will TF be that answer? Too early to say. But that doesn't alter the fact the fact that model was and is flawed. And yes, there is a sizeable portion of the player base who would welcome it. And then complain over the effects it had on the raiding population.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Remind me again what the first M in MMO stands for.
    Massive. And the world IS massive. Perhaps you meant the second M?

Personally I look at 10man raiders as lesser gamers, people who jumped the lower fence or picked "rookie" at the start menu of a game.
    Gee....how can you stand up with an ego that size? "Lesser" gamers indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    While I agree that 10-man is the easier difficulty
    Going to point you to:
    http://www.thedailyblink.com/2013/03...ize-is-harder/

25-man is real raiding
    As is 10 man. And even LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I'd go for anything that would get the 10 and 25 man lockouts separated again.
    Would you do it if you got no loot? And if doing so meant the entire raid had to use the LFR loot system?

Quote Originally Posted by Secrecy View Post
    You wouldn't be allowing more options, you would be making specific raid sizes for each boss. It would be an absolute nightmare.
    Of course, many of the raid groups that tried this would swiftly find themselves running out of players who got fed up with being benched and then called up in the same raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    I'm thinking what would 10man raiders who are against TF dropping more for 25man say, if they create a 2man or (3man) raid rewarding the same gear? Could 10man raid survive? or 2man raid would be very popular if rewards are the same? What is your stance on this?
    Is the fight as difficult as a raid? Sure. Why not? Would 10man raiding survive? Yes. Why wouldn't it? Better atmosphere, better encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevor View Post
    how do you come to this conclusion?
    10man (10% chance) = 1% per person
    25man (25% chance) = 1% per person
    seems to me that every person has the same chance to get a thunderforged item no matter if 10 or 25 man raid...
    25s will gear up a lot faster due to the improved drop rates of loot, the increased chance of TF dropping, the increased ratio of tier pieces to non-tier and the wider selection of classes meaning less is wasted.

Say 10s drop 1 tier plus 1 non tier, with 25s dropping 2 tier and 4 non-tier. In a 10 boss raid, the 10 man will get 1 TF piece, which may be useless, while the 25s may get 10 and use all of them.

EJL

I'll take 10 or 25 asian models please.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP