Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    There's been plenty of easter eggs hinting at a connection between the two game worlds in game, the Eredar/broken on Draenor (outland) is very similar to the protoss as an example which could be speculated in them being genetically related even if not the exact same race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Starcraft is set in the "real world" in the 2500s. The Terrans are originally from Earth.

The universe, mythology, cosmology, and physics of the two settings are completely different.
    To be fair the story is open to speculation as both Universes appear to collide at certain points. Protoss are very similar both in design and technology to the Naaru and Draeneis (The broken more specifically). I could easily see how the infected Draenei enslaved the Naaru and converted them to various powerful technologies, or maybe even reversed that the Naaru is manifesting the fallen. It's the same thing with the Zerg. We've seen the mob design before in AQ and now with the Klaxxi. It's not impossible that the 2 Universes are in fact the same but set at different times.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-20 at 05:53 AM. Reason: I herpaderped and had to fix it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Exactly, so why discuss it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then why start the subject to start with? There's nothing to discus other than what ifs and maybes. No proof.

Cause that is (nearly) the thread's subject ?

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    do you have any proof that they are linked?
    No, in fact, that's exactly what am i saying : no one have any proof about anything in this case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    There's been plenty of easter eggs hinting at a connection between the two game worlds in game, the Eredar/broken on Draenor (outland) is very similar to the protoss as an example which could be speculated in them being genetically related even if not the exact same race.
    But what about Terrans and Humans? Are they genetically related too? They have 2 very seperate backgrounds on how they came to be, so I assume they aren't.

HA! Who cares if the Xel'naga are titans? If Warcraft and Starcraft share the same cosmology then I'm more interested in whether the Voice in the Darkness is an old god or not, and if old gods are tied to the Void.

But what about Terrans and Humans? Are they genetically related too? They have 2 very seperate backgrounds on how they came to be, so I assume they aren't.
    Not just separate, but mutually exclusive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Cause that is (nearly) the thread's subject ?
    If there is no evidence for it, then it's resonable to assume the negative.

Deleted
    Maybe there is a creature very similar to our kind in the universe, how could we know ? :>

If there is no evidence for it, then it's resonable to assume the negative.
    Not as reasonable than it is to admit that you have in fact no idea about it.

Maybe there is a creature very similar to our kind in the universe, how could we know ? :>

Maybe there's a magical unicorn that farts spaghetti flying through space eating all the rainbows and having sex with children. Huh, huh huh huh. You kind of remind me of this with this: you can't prove it doesn't exist so you can't say it doesn't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_8knBHEyw
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    starcraft was originally a warhammer 40k game but during its production warhammer decided they didnt want to do it anymore
    This is completely untrue.

Seriously I don't even know where he got this from, please nobody believe this.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-03-20 at 06:02 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Maybe there's a magical unicorn that farts spaghetti flying through space eating all the rainbows and having sex with children. Huh, huh huh huh. You kind of remind me of this with this: you can't prove it doesn't exist so you can't say it doesn't!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg_8knBHEyw
    Yeah ! Maybe there's a magical unicorn that farts spaghetti flying through space eating all the rainbows (Oh noes :'( ) and having sex with children !
    How could i know ? I'm serious !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Yes, probably isn't, but Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warhammer 40k are essentially in the same universe, just in different time periods, and Warcraft (and Starcraft) were heavily inspired by Warhammer. It would make since that the Draenei were the first descendants of the protoss, and that the humans of Azeroth used something like the Dark Portal to colonize Earth, and that Sageras was not defeated by ancient heroes but was frozen in time. Scourge could also have been the first 'Zerg'. Since the Titan's created both the Draenei and the Scourge, it could make sense that they are the Xel'Naga. Then again, assuming something like that is saying that Diablo and Sageras are the same, just that Sanctuary is some world in the Twisting Nether.

Your thoughts?
    Did you ever play HotS? Scourge has no relation what so ever to Zerg, the Zerg originated from a planet full of ferocious, evolving beasts.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Yeah ! Maybe there's a magical unicorn that farts spaghetti flying through space eating all the rainbows (Oh noes :'( ) and having sex with children !
    How could i know ? I'm serious !
    I'm also superman. You can't know for sure so it must be real!
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Did you ever play HotS? Scourge has no relation what so ever to Zerg, the Zerg originated from a planet full of ferocious, evolving beasts.
    Hots released last week, bit early to say "did you ever play"
    But beyond that i agree, Scourge is not related to the zerg in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Since the Titan's created both the Draenei and the Scourge?
    The titans did not create the scourge. Also we do not know that they created the Draenei either.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now that would be a twist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I'm also superman. You can't know for sure so it must be real!
    Never said that it MUST real.
    Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, i don't know, seriously, i'm not saying that i'm actually believing you, i'm only saying that i can't say that you are lying.

Deleted

I said there is no evidence for it, but you ignore the possibility of evidence against it.

Deleted
    I said there is no evidence for it, but you ignore the possibility of evidence against it.
    Maybe there is evidence against it : but i still havn't seen one.

As i said, no one have any idea about it that's all.