A server to check realm population?

Hey folks, im looking for a resource as the title says that has a reliably accurate estimate on what each servers population is (preferrably, if it was split up between horde and alliance as well) is there anything out there like this? I did a google search but the most prevalent suggestion was warcraftrealms which has illidan listed with 68% horde and 32% alliance which...cannot be right. (not that im interested in illidans population, its just I know that there arent that many alliance players on the server)
    Last edited by Sanctify; 2013-03-23 at 02:59 AM. Reason: urgh, fudged the thread title. woops.

wowprogress dot com

Should have all the info you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realmpop.com

You can click the pie graphs.

A pretty good one is realmpop.com.
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

realmpop.com cannot be trusted. It shows inactive toons.

I just looked and it's listing toons on a 2nd account that I cancelled over a year ago.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    which has illidan listed with 68% horde and 32% alliance which...cannot be right.
    Your right about that it's much more like 95% horde and 5 % alliance and im not even kidding . I think wowprogress is your best bet like others have said because they scan the armory for active toons ...and while you can get an # of accounts per faction you do get a pretty accurate ratio ...and well unless blizz ever releases internal numbers thats is as close as you will ever get ...maybe unless mmo-champ scanned the armory for active accounts but that would take a LOT of resources to scan every single realm

Warcraft realms relies on an addon that people can install and help them out ...I know its data is pretty flawed but im sure its is somewhat semi close ...would be interesting to compare the data between that site and wowprgress .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    realmpop.com cannot be trusted. It shows inactive toons.

I just looked and it's listing toons on a 2nd account that I cancelled over a year ago.
    It would be incredibly difficult for a 3rd party site to have their data always be spot-on. For the most part it has the %s right, Illidan and Mal'ganis being the most Horde-controlled servers in the US.