Thread: Battlefield 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What exactly is so innovative about it?
    frostbite engine is good, the destructible environment is evolving. which is great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    What exactly is so innovative about it?
    The frostbite engines descructible environment, not that its utilized much in BF3 but still.

Hah, just as I expected. Battlefield 3.1

Yearly releases of a single franchice are awesome.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    The frostbite engines descructible environment, not that its utilized much in BF3 but still.
    There have been FPS games in which you can destroy shit and even terraform ground. Doesn't seem too innovative.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny how there's a official poll on battlelog:
    What are you looking forward to the most in Battlefield 4?

The single player campaign: 10%

Multiplayer: 90%

I never cared about bf3 sp nor will i about bf4 so im just gonna wait for some mp footage and see how its like in exclusive beta

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    frostbite engine is good, the destructible environment is evolving. which is great.
    That's physics.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the pre-order you will still have to buy premium on top of that, so it will be the exact same thing as BF3; where you buy it and get B2K, then when you guy premium you are basically paying for B2k again. So that whole "Pre-order now: get a BF4 premium expansion pack" is a major gimmick.

There was also a new BF3 premium video that says everyone who has BF3 premium gets exclusive beta access to BF4. Probably the exact same thing as the pre-order bonus, so without knowing what the "bonus content" is, getting the digital deluxe edition, or any edition for that matter, isn't really the best idea right now, IMO.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whine whine whine & whine, most games today have no multiplayer and let you play for 6 hours then your done with the game. The singleplayer in BF4 looks mindblowing, honestly. Thats alone the reason I pre-ordered.. Also the graphics is much better looking than Crysis 3 in my opinion.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Every one with premium has the beta already now here's my screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/XnUZi0c.jpg
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-03-27 at 08:32 PM.

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,

What I picked up on from the video, while watching it, as I identified things:

• Extremely high polygon counts over all, not just on character models.
    • Extremely high res textures in use - 4096x4096 I'd estimate.
    • Expected Depth of Field usage.
    • High levels of Tesselation.
    • Procedurally generated water, with dynamic interaction/movement.
    • Procedurally generated volumetric shadows, effected by multiple light sources.
    • Procedurally generated particle and lighting effects.
    • Potentially higher level of interactive physics - I want to know if I can harass the shredded curtains or not.
    • Physics appear to be far less scripted, potentially dynamically reactive instead.
    • Potentially physics applied to character models, though highly unlikely, kit movement and sway more likely scripted.
    • Lots of birds. Question is - are they a flocking physics render or just a bunch of low poly models stuck in a circling pattern?
    • The vehicles. You now have a full roaming ability, rather than being forced to follow your team mates on foot/being forced into vehicles: When you get in, the AI automatically gets in with you. This means you can actually approach areas and use vehicles more like multiplayer.
    • AI looks as dim as usual - acquire cover, if flushed out of cover, find new cover. At least one of them walked backwards to potentially shoot at the player, instead of turning away.
    • Collapsing buildings are a lot like roller coasters.
    • Press F to cut leg off.
    • The water effects are light years away from Battlfield 3's. Show me some naval warfare maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Whine whine whine & whine, most games today have no multiplayer
    tons of games have forced multiplayer I have no idea what rock you're living under

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    It's EA they are going to milk this cash cow dry I'm surprised they didn't try to match the black ops 2 launch date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy rights to Forgotten Hope and remake 1942.

I still play that shizzle, best mod ever for that game.

People already complaining about something that has sparse information? Oh right this is the internet...

Anyways I am more interested in how the three factions will work out in MP (not sure if it's confirmed), new modes, weapons, vehicles, if they removed the shitty suppression system (how you could have your barrel directly aiming at the enemy but the suppression makes it "bend" to a new direction), more destructible environments, commander role etc.

Couldn't care less about the graphics, even if it was the same as BF3 it still looks great.

I also won't be pre-ordering it either since with premium you get all expansions anyway. Not only that but when the game was still around $80 in Australia I got mine for $20 from an online store. Sure it was the Russian version but it was easily patched.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-03-27 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    No.More.Modern.Military.Shooters.

I could do with another World War 2 shooter, call me crazy. We need to revisit that scene with the current hardware tech. Focus on the urban warfare in 1941.
    6 years ago everyone was bored to tears of WW2 shooters, now everyone, more or less, is bored to tears of modern shooters. Methinks the industry will switch over to future/sci-fi themed shooters for a while in the next 2 years, and then sometime around 2020 complete the circle and start making WW2-Vietname shooters again.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out to me. Now I'll never buy it.
    Have fun with COD, where the most exiting thing all day is a 12 year old doing a 360 no scope and a car exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post

Have fun with COD, where the most exiting thing all day is a 12 year old doing a 360 no scope and a car exploding.
    Funny how you automatically assume I play COD because I'm not going to buy BF4. I havn't touched COD since Modern Warfare 1, because COD is a horrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Funny how you automatically assume I play COD because I'm not going to buy BF4. I havn't touched COD since Modern Warfare 1, because COD is a horrible game.
    So what shooter do you play?

Arma? TF2?

All shooters have their faults.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the things i hate the most is when im killing some one and a squad m8 spawns and i blow my ammo because hes spawn protected same with reviving...... the only way i would leave spawn protection is for spawning at flag or default spawn its your fault if you spawned on your squad m8 in middle of fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas where the best place in the UK would be to pre-order it from, assuming I want the game case?
    I'm very nervous on pre-ordering from Game.
    So somewhere like Amazon? Play.com? Would either of these get me the game a day or 2 early?
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    http://www.shopto.net/ I usually get pre-orders a day before and I live in a shitty area for deliveries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    "How you doin'?"
    "MY LEEEEEEG!"