Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Fights typically take a long time now so that rush is kinda gone.

What made me excited in PVP was having to be quick with my movements without getting caught in a CC or stun as a rogue.
    Now I just feel like I'm sitting in CC for days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    Yea my heart was pounding here.
    Delznope!?! Small world after all! Hopefully you remember me or this is awkward.

HI! , whats good.

World PvP - always in an even matchup.
    Duels - yes against other burst classes
    random bgs - never (and that's ok, those are my relaxing/fun times)
    rated bgs - only when there's 60 seconds left and we have to get a cap, or I'm in a one-on-one situation for a node
    arenas - never when I play 2s with a healer, always when I play 2s with a dps.

Deleted
    Whenever I'm just 1 kill away from Wrecking Ball I get super nervous and screw everything up, resulting in me dying. Feelsbadman.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Delznope View Post
    Yea my heart was pounding here.
    Grats on the kill. Granted though, swifty is terrible and so is his rogue buddy...the hell is his name...Mercader. There it is! I beat him 1v1 in duels on the ptr before. Neither of those guys are what they are cracked up to be.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

It's been a while but I'll get the increased heart rate and the occasional post-match hand shakes during a reverse gank while out in the world (I guess regardless of the opponent, I get excited turning the tables on someone when I was minding my own business). I do my fair share of picking fights whenever a new xpac hits and after that, there just doesn't seem to be many good turf wars to be had. The latest one was a 90 druid attacking my 88 ele shaman. It wasn't much of a fight-- either the worst druid EVER or a bot. No chance-- just kept trying to hardcast on me in humanoid form. Shear, grounding, shear while nuking. Hex for a couple heals. Purge the HoT and innervate; shear, nuke, dead boomkin.

Before that, I was wrapping TB dailies on my mage (Cata). I was at 50% health returning to base and I was not wearing my weapon or OH (just completed a KT run and had forgotten to equip them). I get sapped with no shield up. I was still frost at the time but I don't remember how I defended the opener and started my counterattack (either he cheap-shotted and I blinked or I blocked immediately when he opened). I do recall that the rogue blew it. He bombed at about 50% health at which point I dropped a ring around him and started to evocate. I was out of range (I assume he was going for me) and he blinded my elemental, so I got the full channel; he didn't have CloS or trinket to leave his bomb. He tried to run after that but I landed a deep just as he sprinted and it was over. Pretty even on gear aside from my fist-fighting.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2013-03-23 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    I don't

After years of pvp your blood turns to ice and you slowly become aware that even if it were real life, you could kill a man without blinking an eye. To remember what it was like to be noob is like expecting a serial killer to remember the days before he started eating people.
    People get used to anything and are capable to do anything under the right circumstance. I also remember my first pvp encounters in WoW classic, my heartbeat skyrocketed :-)

Real life example: I had a few pigeons on my balcony, which created a lot of noise, dirt and shit and it really frustrated me a lot. I couldn't get rid of them, no matter what I did. Eventually, it took me like two weeks of mental preparation until I shot two of them with an airgun. I felt really bad after I did that, for a few days... but then it was ok, and when I shot the last two of them later, I felt nothing. This example can be extrapolated to whatever you want.

That's the human nature, we get used emotionally to new situations pretty fast, so it's up to your mind to prevent things like these getting out of control.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had it, and I found it to be quite extremely annoying. I always had it before arena matches, to an extent where my whole body would just shake. Wasn't much fun :/

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    I don't

After years of pvp your blood turns to ice and you slowly become aware that even if it were real life, you could kill a man without blinking an eye. To remember what it was like to be noob is like expecting a serial killer to remember the days before he started eating people.
    I dont know about others, but as a healer against certain comps in 3s I have this feeling a lot. Try healing against against thug cleave and knowing your one positional mistake away from a loss almost the whole game. Eating one cc you shouldn't usually ends up in a teammate dieing.