Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 5.3 on PTR already?

So 5.3 is available for testing already, my thoughts are that they're pumping out content like crazy, this pleases me. They weren't kidding when they said they have a good team made for fast content creation.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...now-available/

A new type of scenario:

Heroic Scenarios
    A heroic difficulty for Scenarios have been added and are designed to provide challenging content for small groups of well-seasoned adventurers. Completing a Heroic Scenario awards Valor points, and a chance to obtain Raid Finder quality items.

This sounds pretty awesome and I honestly can't wait to try it.

And people were questioning the Oondasta changes, stating they've nerfed it, well take a look at this:

Spitfire Beam no longer increases in damage with each jump, deals a flat 200,000 damage(up from 150,000 damage), and jumps to 99 targets (up from 20 targets). - Though I don't know what to think of it really, no longer increases damage when jumped but 99 targets makes me think there'll be more healing to do.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-03-23 at 01:09 AM.

what

the

already???

EDIT: interesting PvP changes.... :O
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2013-03-23 at 01:10 AM.

All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.

Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
    Well now...

15+ Year Old Account
    Loot Specialization

Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.

Bonus Roll

Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.
    michaelcoleyes.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    Well now...
    Holy crap, that's big.

Also:
    Bonus Roll
    Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    michaelcoleyes.gif

Fix't

New Scenario: Battle on the High Seas

Help your faction fend off enemy forces in the midst of a battle for naval supremacy on the High Seas.

Been wanting naval battles for years now this shit sounds epic

10+ Year Old Account

Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
    This should be interesting to watch.

On-topic: Yeah, they're moving right along aren't they. Good on them for doing Heroic Scenarios. That's a welcome addition.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post

See guys, No other MMO is gonna kill WoW, because WoW is gonna kill itself.
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

Heroic Scenarios.

Hmm, so they're moving away from 5 men, and think scenarios are possibly the future of small party content?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmerc View Post
    WoW now has Guild Wars PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    no....just no

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm conflicted about this, on one hand I can see the challenge and fun it could bring, gear is even and it all comes down to how you play rather than how much of an advantage you have over others. Then on the other hand I think this might piss off alot of people because then farming gear becomes pointless aside from the grind itself to 496ilvl.

wow blizzard wasnt kidding when they said they wanted to get content flowing a lot better. I am really liking this setup. one big Raid patch and another patch to add requested player features and other things to do that dont effect the main raid from going on.

These are the patch notes i expect mmochamp to post them shortly

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/913...2_2013#general

Deleted
    What about aprils fool guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Then on the other hand I think this might piss off alot of people because then farming gear becomes pointless aside from the grind itself to 496ilvl.
    Farming gear as opposed to actually doing PVP is fun?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    Heroic Scenarios.

Hmm, so they're moving away from 5 men, and think scenarios are possibly the future of small party content?
    Seems so, and that is the only gripe I have. 5-man instances have always been a working concept, and I've always thought that it's very much unlike Blizzard to "try and fix something that isn't broken". Nonetheless, from the story line point of view, these scenarios seem interesting, and I've always wanted to see a naval battle. I wonder why there is no word on new quest lines or possible reputations, but maybe those will come later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anonimos View Post
    What about aprils fool guys?
    They wouldn't do it this early.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton
    Farming gear as opposed to actually doing PVP is fun?
    Well some actually do like to farm, gives them something more to do and then you have the guys that get Elite gear, that will all be for nothing with this change, unless they like having different colored sets to others. I'm open to this change if it works out well.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-03-23 at 01:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    They wouldn't do it this early.
    Why not? Isn't it too early for 5.3? 5.2 Should be the ''big'' patch and 5.3 the little one, so my bet goes there

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think for even a minute that this is an April Fool's thing. They said earlier this week that 5.3 was closer than anyone imagined. Apparently they meant it. And why not? The big raid goes on during 5.3 while some other stuff gets added that has nothing to do with it.

It's awesome actually.