Wink a few elemental shaman questions

Hey my main is a frost Mage and I decided I wanted to start another alt and was thinking elemental shaman cause......idk I guess I just like lightning.

I do a mix of pvp and pve and was wondering a few things

are they viable for pvp?

What classes can they kill in a 1v1 situation

Are they still doing well in pve?

And please don't tell me to go resto lol its not my cup of tea :s

For PvP, it depends what you plan on doing.

If you plan on doing RBGs, Ele does decently cleaving down small groups from a safe distance.
    If you plan on doing arenas, I wouldn't recommend playing Ele unless you're prepared for some major grief.

Right now, Ele is incredibly easy to shut down, falls over fairly quickly if focused (which any PvPers worth their salt will do at first chance), and is primarily feared for the backbreaking burst that Ascendance puts out if we're allowed to freecast.

1v1 - Ele isn't really equipped to beat anyone that's equally skilled and geared

In PvE, we're doing slightly below middle of the pack damage, so I'd say we're doing just fine. Add in the fact that Stormlash increases the entire raid's overall dps by ~3% depending on the fight, and I'd say Ele does a nice job earning its raid spot.

If you want PvP, Resto is your only option at the moment - Elem and Enha is just inferior.

For PvE all 3 specs are decend, about middle of the pack.