Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you are dirt rich, you shouldn't be having more then 2 kids. I laugh seeing poor people who have 3 or 4 kids, because it's those kinds of people who are leeching on social services.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abortion is already a very heated topic in this country, and then you want to force abortions on people?

That would never, ever, go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrelime View Post
    Once again nature gives me the ability to do many things. Why is that murder is wrong, why is that rape is wrong, why is that enacting violence is wrong. You will fairly quickly that appealing to nature is not going to provide you with any justification.
    You're just being obstinate at this point. if something is presumed to be a natural right, as child-birth has been considered, the burden is on the one challenging that normative assumption. Either back up your claim or there's really no point bickering about it back and forth.

Alright, neat, now you still have to do the job of justifying why we should have these rights to begin with, and i'm talking about the child birth part. I don't care about abortion, i've already stated that numerous times.
    From the link I just gave, and I quote: "Parents have a basic human right to determine freely and responsibly the number and the spacing of their children". Established by the UN in 1968.

But I'm guessing that's not the answer you're looking for. You want to know why we have rights? Because they serve to protect your justifiable actions, such as; your right to live and not be killed. Do note that it doesn't actually protect you from being killed, but it means it's wrong and infringing on your rights to kill you.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    You are imposing your will on the unborn child to live in this world. It is in itself violating someone else's rights.
    Tell me; How many people are there that do not want to live that have a healthy mind?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    You're just being obstinate at this point. if something is presumed to be a natural right, as child-birth has been considered, the burden is on the one challenging that normative assumption. Either back up your claim or there's really no point bickering about it back and forth.
    You are imposing your will on that child that is being born, by forcing it into existence. That's the god damn problem. Why is this a justifiable act. Just because 90% of people believe something is right, doesn't mean it's fucking justifiable.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Tell me; How many people are there that do not want to live that are sound of mind?
    That's a loaded question on the face of it, you could argue that anyone who doesn't want to live is not of sound mind. So you might want to rephrase that.

Either way, that just means you are saying that it's alright to gamble, because it will probably turn out ok. What kind of justification is that?

Once again nature gives me the ability to do many things. Why is that murder is wrong, why is that rape is wrong, why is that enacting violence is wrong. You will fairly quickly that appealing to nature is not going to provide you with any justification.
    Are you equating having a child to rape & murder? Rape & murder is wrong because you are hurting people. But seeing as you seem to think that having a child is wrong/immoral; that's fine (that's one of your rights btw, freedom of speech). I don't know why you think it's wrong, if you want you can elaborate a bit more on that (how are you hurting someone).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    That's a loaded question on the face of it, you could argue that anyone who doesn't want to live is not of sound mind. So you might want to rephrase that.
    Because the survival instinct in humans is pretty damn strong. Nobody wants to die unless their mental health is declining(If even then) or they're suffering an illness that'll kill them later anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Are you equating having a child to rape & murder? Rape & murder is wrong because you are hurting people. But seeing as you seem to think that having a child is wrong/immoral; that's fine (that's one of your rights btw, freedom of speech). I don't know why you think it's wrong, if you want you can elaborate a bit more on that (how are you hurting someone).
    I stated it, you are imposing your will on the entity that will become the child. That is the "other thing" you are affecting.

You are imposing your will on that child that is being born, by forcing it into existence. That's the god damn problem. Why is this a justifiable act. Just because 90% of people believe something is right, doesn't mean it's fucking justifiable.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:24 PM ----------

Either way, that just means you are saying that it's alright to gamble, because it will probably turn out ok. What kind of justification is that?
    Are you one of those nutjobs who believe the human race should willingly stop breeding and go into extinction? Because if you are, say so, that way we know you're not really worth attempting to have an intelligent debate with.

Because the survival instinct in humans is pretty damn strong. Nobody wants to die unless their mental health is declining(If even then) or they're suffering an illness that'll kill them later anyways.
    Still doesn't justify anything, honestly that seems to make it worse, because you are essentially saying someone will stay alive even if they are suffering, prolonging it. Doesn't do anything about the point of gambling with the child.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:29 PM ----------

Are you one of those nutjobs who believe the human race should willingly stop breeding and go into extinction? Because if you are, say so, that way we know you're not really worth attempting to have an intelligent debate with.
    You can think it's a "nut-job" thing or whatever. You still have to deal with the problem associated with, even if you think it's a closed issue. I agree that most people don't think about what they are doing when they have a child, but that doesn't automatically make it something we are morally allowed to do. The consequences of not having the right to have children willy-nilly is a separate matter.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think the human race should continue existing? What's the goal, exactly? You act like there is something to be accomplished.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2013-03-23 at 11:30 PM.

The unborn child has no will to begin with, it has no mind. Once it starts to develop it's mind it can make it's own decision on whether it wants to continue living or commit suicide.

Deleted
    Still doesn't justify anything, honestly that seems to make it worse, because you are essentially saying someone will stay alive even if they are suffering, prolonging it.
    So you think humans should just lie down and give up and die? Just say that then.

I stated it, you are imposing your will on the entity that will become the child. That is the "other thing" you are affecting.
    See above.

Damn, That's sad even thinking about it.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think how many children someone has should be up to them, but they should not expect others to have to pay to take care of their kids. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime...as it were. If you can't afford children, then use protection or get fixed.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Still doesn't justify anything, honestly that seems to make it worse, because you are essentially saying someone will stay alive even if they are suffering, prolonging it. Doesn't do anything about the point of gambling with the child.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:29 PM ----------

You can think it's a "nut-job" thing or whatever. You still have to deal with the problem associated with, even if you think it's a closed issue. I agree that most people don't think about what they are doing when they have a child, but that doesn't automatically make it something we are morally allowed to do. The consequences of not having the right to have children willy-nilly is a separate matter.
    So you are one of those crazies then? You think mankind should just kill itself off?

Let's say for a moment your cockamamie "logic" is correct and havign a child is violating the rights of the child by forcing it to be born, the npraytell how should the human race procreate?

So you think humans should just lie down and give up and die? Just say that then.
    What does this have to do with ANYTHING. You aren't addressing the point of the damn child. People continuing to suffer in existence now has nothing to do with this. Even if they don't wan to die, that doesn't mean it's not making them suffer.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:31 PM ----------

So you are one of those crazies then? You think mankind should just kill itself off?

Let's say for a moment your cockamamie "logic" is correct and havign a child is violating the rights of the child by forcing it to be born, the npraytell how should the human race procreate?
    We don't, oh well, we go extinct, this matters why?

What does this have to do with ANYTHING. You aren't addressing the point of the damn child. People continuing to suffer in existence now has nothing to do with this. Even if they don't wan to die, that doesn't mean it's not making them suffer.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 11:31 PM ----------

We don't, oh well, we go extinct, this matters why?
    Ok, so now I know at least your thinking is so out of kilter with normal humanity that no amount of debate will bridge the gap.

Good day.

Sounds to me like OP was just hungry and only found $0.60 and couldn't find the full $1.29 in his couch to go to taco bell and buy a 5-layer burrito and wondered why is that damn thing so expensive. if you dont like the way things are run in your country then get out and try a different one with your ideals and see how much you enjoy it.