Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Having children should require a permit
    Yes, this, because having governments stick their noses in with licensing and regulations works out for the mundane things never mind our human right to bear children. Yes, let's have a bunch of politicians (POLITICIANS!!!) decide on the circumstances when I may be allowed to have children. Kids aren't a bloody TV so why the hell should I require a permit for having one. And , god forbid, I break regulations, what happens then? A surreptitious hankie laden with chloroform in a government representative's hand snaking it way to my illegal babies nose and mouth?

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Yeha giving a link to marijuana plantation is proving only that if you can sell drugs you can even profit having plantation in middle of nowhere. Do that for regular food and tell me how economic that will be. Of course it is possible but it is even bigger throwing away of resources...
    You proved nothing. Until you share your resources with me, don't talk there is enough. You don't have enough to share so your point still fails.
    Are you deliberately being obtuse? I gave you the word to look up. Irrigation. Do yourself a favour and educate yourself. You know those oranges which grow in California?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Yes, this, because having governments stick their noses in with licensing and regulations works out for the mundane things never mind our human right to bear children. Yes, let's have a bunch of politicians (POLITICIANS!!!) decide on the circumstances when I may be allowed to have children. Kids aren't a bloody TV so why the hell should I require a permit for having one. And , god forbid, I break regulations, what happens then? A surreptitious hankie laden with chloroform in a government representative's hand snaking it way to my illegal babies nose and mouth?
    It is their right to have a child. It should also be their right to be held accountable when they are unable to care for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    It is their right to have a child. It should also be their right to be held accountable when they are unable to care for it.
    This I agree with. However the person I was talking to proposed licensing the right to children.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This I agree with. However the person I was talking to proposed licensing the right to children.
    my mistake.

Well tell me then why all the people on earth doesn't have roof over their heads, a car, a nice garden around house, dog,... american dream?
    I can give you only that: there isn't enough for everyone.
    Wrong. There's actually more than enough for everyone, but greed demands that person *a* have more than person *b*, and since resources are a zero-sum game, you wind up with a very unbalanced scale.

And that greed is viewed as a positive virtue more often than not. Despite all their cleverness, are a very dumb species.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose. I'm not very opinionated on the topic but I'm of the opinion that there should be a limit.
    To me it all comes down to the land and space required for the population. We are gradually destroying this world, one only has to see how much of the rainforests have already been chopped down to fund human growth into the area. If this keeps up we're just going to keep growing and growing until there is nothing natural about our world and we just have farms, plantations and Human accommodation. It is a fact that we're populating this world absurdly fast and it is a fact that there's only so much space.

It's only something that's recently been getting the attention it deserves with David Attenborough being the latest person to speak about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    as for "finite resources" That's total hogwash.

Solar, Wind, Nuclear these are all in use today types of energy production, There is more than enough land to be able to populate and feed the world as it is now and a lot more. The problems come from distribution and governments.
    All kinds of metals are finite though. Well, unless you want to go near the Earth's core or to mine asteroids...

There is a paradise that shares your views. China.

Do you even realize how much resources there are on this planet? I think not,

You want everywhere to become like China? Not trying to bash here, but its not unheard of over there for a family to get rid of a baby girl in favor of trying to get a son, well you get where Im going with this

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:59 PM ----------

Are you deliberately being obtuse? I gave you the word to look up. Irrigation. Do yourself a favour and educate yourself. You know those oranges which grow in California?
    Where do you think oranges grow?
    Let me give you a hint: in warm areas. Check Mediterranean

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Wrong. There's actually more than enough for everyone, but greed demands that person *a* have more than person *b*, and since resources are a zero-sum game, you wind up with a very unbalanced scale.

And that greed is viewed as a positive virtue more often than not. Despite all their cleverness, are a very dumb species.
    Oh please, be my guest and give me some of your resources if there is plenty you have more than enough... Should I give you my account number? Paypal?
    In current time there is maybe enough resources, but with current population we will start having shortage of drinking water in 10 years. Let's just not think about other resources, minerals, metals, plastics,...
    Again, if you so much believe your idea, please give me some. You will prove me wrong. Until then... Don't babble nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    thread opens with a question... OP answers in first sentence. are we suppose to take this seriously?
    It's a Sandmoth thread. Of course not. It's basically sanctioned trolling.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Where do you think oranges grow?
    Let me give you a hint: in warm areas. Check Mediterranean

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:51 PM ----------

Oh please, be my guest and give me some of your resources if there is plenty you have more than enough... Should I give you my account number? Paypal?
    In current time there is maybe enough resources, but with current population we will start having shortage of drinking water in 10 years. Let's just not think about other resources, minerals, metals, plastics,...
    Again, if you so much believe your idea, please give me some. You will prove me wrong. Until then... Don't babble nonsense.
    Oh dear god, you can't use Google can you? You cannot actually follow the flow of a conversation?There is your problems. Guess what else in commonly found in warm areas? That's right, deserts. You said crops CANNOT be grown on desert land. I said, yes, they can and link you an article where crops where grown on desert land, I gave you the word by which this "mystical" process which you were unaware of is known by, and I reference oranges in California which was the biggest irrigation project on desert land. So, while I am aware of oranges being grown naturally in other warm areas of the world, I am also aware of the fact that the global orange industry owes itself to a project which you claim is impossible; that is, growing crops, food, on desert land. Two other points, where are your sources for the world running out of food and water in ten years? And feel free to PM me your address and I'll be more than happy to mail you some dried food in a parcel(not that it would prove a thing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop posting that bullshit. It's not about only food and stuff, but also about other stuff, like clean drinking water, jobs, material stuff we use. Do you think we can produce everything for everyone? WE CAN'T, because there are not enough resources for that. If we could we would already. There is not even enough resources and will to spread food around the globe to everyone. Also there are not enough jobs anymore because too many people are living around and also we put robots to work. So more people and less jobs = big unemployment = war incoming in near years.
    I live in EU and BDP of my country is shrinking for the fourth year. Each year we lose around 2-4% of BDP because earth CANNOT supply everyone with everything. It just CAN'T. We don't even have enough oil (and oil reserves) for everyone to won a car.
    I love on 200€ per month and I know that here is a big problem overpopulation specially because of immigrants and so on. So please stop bullshitting with those videos which proves nothing. Only that we currently have enough food for everyone, but think about drinking water, paper, metal, plastic... There are NOT ENOUGH resources for everyone! Also if we keep growing farms as we do now, we will destroy all forests on earth in about 50 years. No forest means even less oxygen production = less health for everyone.

Let's just hope there will be war somewhere so we lower earth population to about 500 millions of people. That would be enough for our planet and probably all will be able to live normal life.
    You are the one posting bullshit, You want war death and chaos, you want to lower the population, "Ever hear of the georgia guide stones" Because your saying what they want and thats to kill millions.

There is enough water, food land for everyone, war is never good, war should never be wanted, your a Scumbag globalist.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 08:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    Forced abortion? Stereotypes? Are you serious?
    They did it before, Even in Canada a nation most people see as peaceful, took all the low IQ people and mentally disabled and Steralized them, Druged them told some they were going on trips to visit family who never visit them, etc.

Its called Eugenics.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 08:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Do people really need more than the average 2.5 kids or whatever? Like really...
    Its 2.1 And a nation requires it to maintain, the population wont be higher or lower it just stays even.

In Some EU nations the population is less than 1.6 birthrate, And it takes 80 years to break out of anything less than 1.9 and get back to a 2.1
    In the meantime poor nations have an 8.1 because most of the children will die, and they need higher birthrates to break even.

The problem people have is mostly racism they see the poor nations of a race they hate breeding faster than they do but don't take into account the mortality rate.
    They just see this one race having more kids and think one day they will all be that color or speak that language.

In England they have propaganda claiming in 20 years they will all be muslim because the muslim birthrate is higher than the English.

If you can support them there shouldnt be a limit, the problem is people who cannot even support themselves are having 8+, while responsible people are having 1-3. One of the problems in the inner cities like detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    In England they have propaganda claiming in 20 years they will all be muslim because the muslim birthrate is higher than the English.
    Thats simple math, england isnt the only one who now realizes this. Why do you think there are so many new racial claims against muslim people in swedon, denmark and other areas?

10+ Year Old Account
    YEah what you said about the price of food is true but we dont need to kill fedisus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    If you can support them there shouldnt be a limit, the problem is people who cannot even support themselves are having 8+, while responsible people are having 1-3. One of the problems in the inner cities like detroit.

Thats simple math, england isnt the only one who now realizes this. Why do you think there are so many new racial claims against muslim people in swedon, denmark and other areas?
    Let me take a stab at this. Less "simple maths" and more sociological and geopolitical change bringing more ethnicities into conflict and the right wing brigade spreading propaganda perhaps? I'm old enough that I remember people saying EXACTLY this (along with other things like 1 in 3 people will have AIDS, various apocalypse dates and the fact that we were both going to be living in a winter wonderland and a tropical climate at the same time due to global warming)twenty years ago and guess what, muslims are still not anywhere near those population figures and the UK is yet to adopt Shiara law for all it's citizens. But, tell you what, show me this "simple math" and I might discount all my education and experience and agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    There is a paradise that shares your views. China.
    actually china's problems are because they never had that policy. but go on....

Let me take a stab at this. Less "simple maths" and more sociological and geopolitical change bringing more ethnicities into conflict and the right wing brigade spreading propaganda perhaps?
    So conspiracy theory?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So conspiracy theory?
    Says the dude who claims "simple maths" without providing any such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Drop the stupid rhetoric, read articles from reputable sources, and stop spouting this ridiculous nonsense.
    I don't understand how this can be put to debate. It's a fact.

Have a kid. It gets paid for. The woman is a stay at home mum. Granted, many may live on a council estate in the shitty parts of London, but that child is being paid for by taxpayers. If said Woman then gives birth to another 3 or 4 kids (having grown up in South London, I have seen it thousands of times) they are moved out and given a bigger flat/house, and one usually more luxurious. Guess who pays for it? You and I.

I'm not denying welfare helps a majority of people, but a good portion of those on financial help abuse it, and don't give a flying toss and while there is nothing done about it, it will be encouraged by the abusers and passed on to their children.

I have no idea what it's like in America, and quite frankly I don't care. I live in England, and I'm just expressing my own opinion on the news I hear all day. Oh wait, I guess every news station in the UK is a poor source now as well?