Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Race from 0-10000 achievement points

Long story short, just out of why the hell not we have decided to have the race from 0-10000 achievement points (making new accounts ofc) . How long would that take in your opinion? Race starts next week. Oh boy I will so regret it.
    Last edited by mmocdf97bae0be; 2013-02-17 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    Wow. That sounds like alot of fun I would guess atleast 6-7 months depending on how much time you will spend on playing. A tip could be to try get alot of PVP achievements while leveling.

Deleted
    About 3-4 hours a day max (including weekends).

Deleted
    Then I would stick with my 6-7 months You should take alot of screen shots of your progress so we can follow

Depandt a lot on the rules .... is it *solo* as in you may not join a guild or get help from friends ? are you allowed to use the AH for profession leveling, weapons etc. ? and so on ... anyway .. gonna take some time ...... best of luck tho .. and keep us informed how it goes.

damn haha its taken me few years to get to 16,000. cant image starting again and aiming for 10,000. Min-Max guide go!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how hard this'll be, you can easily grab a lot of points just by finishing all quest, general and most of the pve achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by howaboutno View Post
    Long story short, just out of why the hell not we have decided to have the race from 0-10000 achievement points (making new accounts ofc) . How long would that take in your opinion? Race starts next week. Oh boy I will so regret it.
    Why hasn't anyone decided on that particular race? Cause its simply hard to track. It isn't something that is accomplished in a week or two. This achievement requires commitment and dedication.

Doubt it would take 6-7 months like most are calling out for over here and no way if you are planning on playing 3-4 hours every day.

You are looking to at least a year minimum to get anywhere close. Most people don't really stay with the game for that long a stretch without taking any breaks. Its not a race by any means and doesn't really serve any purpose. The whole "bragging" rights has been wiped out too with how accessible the game has gotten. I mean with the current number inflation older content is trivial and offers no challenge.

Not only that but with account wide achievements its even easier.

A wast majority of them are tied to WTLK and Cata raids and heroic dungeons and world events. It would take you a minimum a year playing continuously to get anywhere close to 10,000 points. The reason being raids are accessible only once a week. Even if you consider pugging the old raids, some achievements requires a corordinated group but often people don't bother to pay much attention and such pew pew in the old raids and completely ignore the achievements. So you will need a few weeks to get most of them. Assuming you are planning on achieving it through a "single" toon (otherwise the entire race doesn't make any sense), you can access a raid only once a week.

On top of that, the big points are in Holiday events. So you will probably need a full year to cycle through all of them. Can't really see it happening any time sooner.

Also depends on the class you plan on playing with. Certain classes are good soloers of old content, others not so good. So that could factor in as well.
    Last edited by wynterlyn; 2013-02-25 at 03:24 PM.

just..make a new account and link it to old account and bam 0-10k in 5mins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melivia View Post
    damn haha its taken me few years to get to 16,000. cant image starting again and aiming for 10,000. Min-Max guide go!
    You've got to think of expansions etc though. Also, there's 'diminishing returns' as in each point gets harder as you get more points.

My guess is 5 months, depending on how long it takes for you to level up. I remember back in Cata a Guildy of mine was switching mains, so he decided to farm up achievement points on his Death Knight. He had about 5 or 6k and it didn't take him too long to reach 10k. Since most of your time will probably be spent going from 6k up to 10k, I'm going for 5 months.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2013-02-25 at 03:27 PM.

Deleted
    Do you have a link to your new account's armory? I'm quite interested to see how long it takes you. I've often wonderen how long it would take me to redo everything I've done so far. Always thought it could be done pretty fast (few months). Playing 3-4 hours a day it would probably take a lot longer. My guess is about 6 months to reach 10k points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    just..make a new account and link it to old account and bam 0-10k in 5mins
    But what is the fun in that?

I have close to 6.5k from dungeons and raids alone. If you spend a week doing all the pve <90 you could easily be halfway done.

Will you make a thread or blog about the race? Could be fun to follow!

Saw this thread and decided it would be a fun adventure so made a new account a couple of days ago to attempt it.

Armory can be found here;
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ambrist/simple

Interesting little race, so to speak.

Part of me would like to try this, but I wouldn't want to slog through some of the achieves I've completed a second time, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few months if you have some gold to spare, but if you back to zero, with no gold or anything, it might take longer. I mean, doing archeology, cooking, fishing etc, gets you tons really fast if you have some intense patience and some gold. Doing raids effectivly get you many thousand too. Same goes for pet battles and exploration, as well as quests. In PvP you can do most of the BG achivs, except maybe 100 win ones, and get tons, and if you are lucky, you grab some points from some world events.

My guess is 3 months if you play a lot, 8+ hours a day.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    I've been playing for little over a year and have just over 10k point.

I've never hunted them, but I did play A LOT in the last year (no job woohaa) so perhaps that evens out. Either way... it's a lot of work. Good luck.

I hope someone wins anything from it? o.O

just make it 0-all achievements and meet here in this very thread in say 5 years?

With openraid, getting 10k achieves shouldn't be a problem at all. Old heroic dungeon achieves can also easily be solod, I'd say the PvP ones would take the most time so you should do them while leveling since that's usually the easiest way to get them. GL!