Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Hearthstone is a CCG, not a TCG. Please know the difference.
    2 years ago it could have been planned on a tcg, please know how development works.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Hearthstone is a CCG, not a TCG. Please know the difference.
    It would help if apart from rebuking people you'd take the extra 1 sentence time to explain what the difference is. Educate the masses!

CCG = Collecting Card Game, TCG = Trading Card Game

It would help if apart from rebuking people you'd take the extra 1 sentence time to explain what the difference is. Educate the masses!

CCG = Collecting Card Game, TCG = Trading Card Game
    But that's not the point. Blizzard has been licensing the development of a TCG for the last 8 years. That TCG has been releasing new sets periodically, and I am willing to be dollars to donuts that they've been receiving profits from the sale of said TCG, enough to make each new set part of their planned release slate at earnings calls. I'm also pretty sure that the CCG was well under the radar even at Blizzard HQ, with only a handful of developers actively working on it. It's one of those things that probably just kind of 'happened' between other projects and wasn't really planned out extensively like other projects would have been.

If they had 'Wow TCG' on the production slate 2 years ago, it was almost definitely referring to the TCG that's been out for nearly a decade.

Holy crap that doesn't feel like 2 years
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Oh, God, not this, anything but this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Ahaha epic.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are people still linking that damn slate?! Wasn't it proven to be fake at some point?

A cursory glance tells me it's wrong anyway. The first SC2 expansion came out this month and is on that slate for Q4 2012. And we should apparently be getting the 2nd expansion this quarter.
    Whether true or not, we all know Blizzard never releases things as early as they say they will or would like to.