Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't currently. When that changes the correct answer will change.

Until then save yourself the headache and take the easy / accurate / reliable route.

I guess you could chose the more complicated / less accurate / unreliable route if you want to 'stay in practice'... it really is your choice though.

/shrug

Edit: NEVERMIND. I forgot that even when we did have two caps this method was just as reliable except we chose [x]To [At Least] 8085 and otherwise was the same settings that produced consistent results. Here's a Screenshot of those (WARNING OUTDATED!) settings:

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 09:17 AM ----------

I should note that I used to set up ReforgeLite in a crappy way until someone (Veiled) told me how to do it. Since then I've just been doing what I can to pass on knowledge that was passed to me.

Actually that's 95% of what I do: relay information others figured out
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2013-03-25 at 03:19 PM.

I used to use reforgelite, bit honestly, having AskMrRobot figure stuff out works best imo.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Askmrrobot is pretty subpar, at least for disc, currently. Can't stand the crit>haste>mastery stat prioritization, maybe thats viable in 10m but at least for 25m crit>mastery>haste is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I used to use reforgelite, bit honestly, having AskMrRobot figure stuff out works best imo.
    Haha, GOOD LUCK.

Ask Mr. Failbot, Noxxic and Icy Veins are all sub-optimal resources for Shadow Priests. I can't speak to how well they do with other class / specs but for ours they suck.

Use them with the understanding that you could be better if you used better tools / resources.

Deleted
    I really don't get ppl complaining about Ask Mr.Robot, if you don't agree with the default stat weights just change them.. it's still a great tool.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcow View Post
    I really don't get ppl complaining about Ask Mr.Robot, if you don't agree with the default stat weights just change them.. it's still a great tool.
    Nobody said it wasn't a great tool. The problem is that most people use the site with default settings and then come to forums (not just MMO-C) asking why they're doing so bad. It's a powerful tool when used correctly. Details matter.

Have a look at the current DBM vs. BW thread in the Interface forum. Not for the topic itself but for the arguments. One of the most cited arguments (for DBM, but that's irrelevant for my point) is that people like things working "out of the box" with as little configuration as possible.

People are lazy, that's the problem. Ask Mr. Robot doesn't properly support that general stance that most players have. If they were using accurate stat weights for every class and spec that people would perform very well with, that would be another topic. Reality is, at least for priests, they aren't.

The amount of players who min/max and really care about the best possible setup, like us, is very small in comparison. Pretty much the same as with progression raiders only making up a fraction of all WoW players.
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-03-25 at 06:56 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with tweaked settings the results can be off still.

Just had a chat with them on Twitter, maybe there's hope for them...

Also why do on a website what you can do in game much more quickly?
    Last edited by Frmercury; 2013-03-25 at 07:51 PM.

Is reforgelite going to tell me if I can use a different gem to get some better stats? Ask Mr. Robot does.
    Priest Warrior

Is reforgelite going to tell me if I can use a different gem to get some better stats? Ask Mr. Robot does.
    So does logic and understanding your class. AMR told me to gem crit, yeah, totally optimized me. Get it? It didn't. The information is out there. And if you can read, you can learn. The shadow priest community as a whole does a great job at theorycrafting and putting the information out there in fairly easy to read ways. A lot of other classes don't even come close to having the information out there as much as the shadow community does.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    So does logic and understanding your class. AMR told me to gem crit, yeah, totally optimized me. Get it? It didn't. The information is out there. And if you can read, you can learn. The shadow priest community as a whole does a great job at theorycrafting and putting the information out there in fairly easy to read ways. A lot of other classes don't even come close to having the information out there as much as the shadow community does.
    I'm sorry, I don't believe that AMR ever told you to gem crit for your spriest.
    Priest Warrior

I'm sorry, I don't believe that AMR ever told you to gem crit for your spriest.
    It did the first day 5.2 hit. Lets look at my ARM "optimized".

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Drye/advanced

AMR Optimized: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/magtheridon/drye

First, it tells me to gem int over haste, that's a big sign of not working properly. Second, it tells me to reforge out of mastery on certain pieces and reforge into crit, while on other pieces it tells me to reforge out of crit and into mastery. It's just all over the place. Having someone who doesn't know how the class works, ie someone who will be using this, will give them incorrect answers.
    Last edited by Drye; 2013-03-26 at 12:11 AM.

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot.

Drye, I don't see Mr. Robot reforging Mastery to Crit, and then Crit to Mastery. Can you save what you're looking at to a profile? That will let me see exactly what you are using (all of your options, custom weights if you are using them, etc). Mr. Robot shows me that your gear is already optimal - he's in 100% agreement with your current gear. Here's a link to that profile (and here's a screenshot). So the fact that Mr. Robot is in agreement with your gear is a good sign

If you want to share your character, you need to save it first (blue save button), so it captures all of your option selections and any stat weight edits you may have made.

As a side note: we're checking out some of the latest information from shadowpriest theorycrafters to cross reference with our information. We've been tweaking a lot of weights for each class over the past few weeks, which is normal with huge patches like this
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2013-03-26 at 12:32 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

I'm thinking that it's telling you to gem out of haste into crit/int is because you're over the 8085 haste cap that the profile is set for.

Also Zooper, your SS of his optimized profile is outdated although it is perfect
    Last edited by BobAwesome; 2013-03-26 at 12:59 AM.
    Priest Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot.

Drye, I don't see Mr. Robot reforging Mastery to Crit, and then Crit to Mastery. Can you save what you're looking at to a profile? That will let me see exactly what you are using (all of your options, custom weights if you are using them, etc). Mr. Robot shows me that your gear is already optimal - he's in 100% agreement with your current gear. Here's a link to that profile (and here's a screenshot). So the fact that Mr. Robot is in agreement with your gear is a good sign

If you want to share your character, you need to save it first (blue save button), so it captures all of your option selections and any stat weight edits you may have made.

As a side note: we're checking out some of the latest information from shadowpriest theorycrafters to cross reference with our information. We've been tweaking a lot of weights for each class over the past few weeks, which is normal with huge patches like this
    That profile is from months ago, after we talked about what AMR was doing wrong.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/d...3-d999cce0ab6d

Here is the saved profile, from current time.

I'm thinking that it's telling you to gem out of haste into crit/int is because you're over the 8085 haste cap that the profile is set for.

Also Zooper, your SS of his optimized profile is outdated although it is perfect
    Which is very old and now currently inaccurate information, but again, that profile is from a few months ago.
    Last edited by Drye; 2013-03-26 at 01:13 AM.

Doh! Thanks Ansible. I updated Drye's gear. Our default stat weights suggest a bunch of changes to his gear. And we're working on tweaks to the SP weights still, we're doing that this week

With Drye's preferred stat weights, pulled from his post here, Mr. Robot is in 100% agreement still (screenshot) So that's still a good sign - Mr. Robot offers a very powerful, flexible tool that can be customized with any set of stat weights.

That being said, we do like to have default stat weights that are good for the majority of players. We spent a ton of time running SimC tests when 5.2 hit to have updated weights, and now that theorycrafting is starting to get out there, we're cross referencing that info with ours, to get a super-amazing set of default weights

Doh! Thanks Ansible. I updated Drye's gear. Our default stat weights suggest a bunch of changes to his gear. And we're working on tweaks to the SP weights still, we're doing that this week

With Drye's preferred stat weights, pulled from his post here, Mr. Robot is in 100% agreement still (screenshot) So that's still a good sign - Mr. Robot offers a very powerful, flexible tool that can be customized with any set of stat weights.

That being said, we do like to have default stat weights that are good for the majority of players. We spent a ton of time running SimC tests when 5.2 hit to have updated weights, and now that theorycrafting is starting to get out there, we're cross referencing that info with ours, to get a super-amazing set of default weights
    /high-five
    Priest Warrior

/high-five back at you, Ansible. Top Gun beach volleyball style (the best kind of high-five there is!)

I've got Lei shen trinket mastery is superior to crit once you get that. One of the many flaws that I've pointed out multiple times is that you can't have one set of standard stats for everyone. I have 521 ilvl while others can have much lower meaning their secondary stats don't scale as well as mine do. You need to have multiple values for different ilvl and different gear.

Drye, we've offered different stat weight defaults in the past. As you can see, we currently have T14 and T14+ as two options. This week when we review SPriests, we'll look at adding more options. Regarding one set of weights for everyone: there's a reason we let people put in custom stat weights - so they can get personalized results! So I guess I am missing the problem you're trying to point out?

Edit: I see you have with and with-out LMG weights on your post here. Do you have more options for various gear and iLevels? I'll add that to my pile of info for our SPriest review.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2013-03-26 at 03:42 AM.

Drye, we've offered different stat weight defaults in the past. As you can see, we currently have T14 and T14+ as two options. This week when we review SPriests, we'll look at adding more options. Regarding one set of weights for everyone: there's a reason we let people put in custom stat weights - so they can get personalized results! So I guess I am missing the problem you're trying to point out?
    It just brings in the whole, people just want to get fed answers. People don't like to read or learn how or what to do, just just want to be fed answers(the whole automatically doing it part anyway). I haven't used AMR since the last time we talked, that is nice that you did add in the additional stat lvls.

Edit: I see you have with and with-out LMG weights on your post here. Do you have more options for various gear and iLevels? I'll add that to my pile of info for our SPriest review.

Twin just updated his stats from info last night.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3165

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3257