Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Next Expansion = Xoroth? Tichondrius as villain?

I am certain that the next expansion will be Legion-themed but I don't think we're ready to go to Argus yet. Perhaps the Legion stages their assault from Xoroth under the command of Tichondrius? We go to Xoroth to finally kill the Nathrezim who we couldn't kill on Azeroth (because they need to be killed in the Twisting Nether, right?). Other villains could include Balnazzar, Varimathras and Anatheron; plus multiple other demonic villains.

It could have the same eco-diversity as Outland, neutral playable Etheral (who had fled to the planet when Dimensius , Demon Hunter class and the return of Illidan. Maybe with Illidan's return, Maiev is on the hunt again, except this time we're against her. And maybe Xoroth is the world where Alleria and Turalyon are holed up?

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that be a downgrade though considering the final boss of tbc was K'J and dread lords are beneath him on the power scale? :P Also isn't K'J still alive and well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Wouldn't that be a downgrade though considering the final boss of tbc was K'J and dread lords are beneath him on the power scale? :P Also isn't K'J still alive and well?
    Eh, WoW doesn't really go by the whole "Level = Power" thing. But to be fair, when we fought KJ in TBC, he wasn't even fully in Azeroth. If he was successfully summoned we'd have been screwed.

Deleted
    I don't know about demon hierarchy, but couldn't it be possible that after KJ's defeat he lost some of his influence and dread lords became more powerful? Again, I don't know much about how demons work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't mean in term of levels, i meant K'J is the hand of sargeras where as dreadlords are just underlings so it wouldn't really make sense to have dreadlords as the final boss.

I do want an expansions way from azeroth and a burning legion focused one would be lovely, but i'm a bit hesitant as would people just see it as lazy, people whine about redoing za/zg imagine a whole expansion theme >.<

Deleted
    I didn't mean in term of levels, i meant K'J is literally the hand of sargeras where as dreadlords are just underlings so it wouldn't really make sense to have dreadlords as the final boss.

I do want an expansions way from azeroth and a burning legion focused one would be lovely, but i'm a bit hesitant as would people just see it as lazy, people whine about redoing za/zg imagine a whole expansion theme >.<
    Well Dreadlords aren't "just underlings" haha. They are the highest in the Burning Legion under only KJ and Sargeras (some eredar may be higher though). KJ wasn't fully summoned to Azeroth when we fought him so he was probably only at like a quarter of his power. A Nathrezim in the Twisting Nether would probably be just as strong if not stronger than KJ was at SW.

@troll They couldn't replace Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras would get all mad that his chosen one was being bullied.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also have the pitlords which are stronger than dreadlords.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a big discussion about this in BC. Essentially in sunwell, KJ was using all of his power to remain tethered on azeroth, using less than 1%(could -easily- be wrong on this %, just guessing based on memory) of his total power to engage the players. Kind of like when you fight yogg, you're only fighting one head of yogg, not the entire body, and he's only using a miniscule amount of his power.

Essentially what the PC's do is kick him in the shin hard enough that he loses focus and falls back to the twisting nether, and then Velen and Azuregos seal the portal, so he can't try again.

Why are you so sure about next xpack be about the Burning legion? Azshara still running around at the bottom of the sea near what remain of the well of eternity ,to me this seem a major threat biggest than some half assed BL invasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Why are you so sure about next xpack be about the Burning legion? Azshara still running around at the bottom of the sea near what remain of the well of eternity ,to me this seem a major threat biggest than some half assed BL invasion.
    I believe the scars of Vashjir are too fresh for people to want a under-water themed location any time soon.

-Grim

You also have the pitlords which are stronger than dreadlords.
    Physically, yes. Pit Lords are like the Generals of the Legion's armies. Dreadlords are the schemers that put the Legion's plans in motion. If you watch Game of Thrones, Tyrion and Varys would be Dreadlords, Jamie would be a Pit Lord.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

While both Argus and Xoroth are possible, I'm thinking Argus is more likely.

We actually know very little about Xoroth. It's long been assumed that it was the native world of the Dreadlords, but that was never explicitly confirmed. Recently the green fire questline has casted doubt on this interpretation by indicating the inhabitants of Xoroth were intimidated into joining the Legion, which wouldn't make sense in the case of the Dreadlords.

As it stands the only meaningful information we have is that the Legion controls the world, which isn't much to go on.

Argus on the other hand is a little different. We know the Eredar and Draenei originated from there, giving us an insight into what we might find. We also know the names of a few locations on the world, most notably the city of Mac'Aree. And as Kil'jaeden's hometown it just has the potential to be that much more awesome.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I wouldn't mind Xoroth, though I'm not entirely sure Tich can hold his own as an expansion villain. End boss of a raid tier, sure, but not sure he could sell end of expansion. He would definitely need a power boost since Illidan killed him after going demon.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Physically, yes. Pit Lords are like the Generals of the Legion's armies. Dreadlords are the schemers that put the Legion's plans in motion. If you watch Game of Thrones, Tyrion and Varys would be Dreadlords, Jamie would be a Pit Lord.
    The way I see it, Pit Lords are stronger physically and good for front line battles, but the dreadlords have more powerful magic and are more manipulative, so saying which is stronger might depend a bit. Sort of a warrior vs mage thing going on here.

Deleted
    Not sure if you're aware, but Tichondrius is dead.
    The "dread lords cannot die" logic doesn't apply to him, because he was killed by a DEMON HUNTER.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Considering azshara had extremely strong links to the legion, I don't see why the two would even be in separate expansions.

IMO, there's not enough naga stuff to make a whole expansion on. It would get old extremely quickly. Considering we killed so many naga throughout the previous expacs.

There's all sorts of potential with the legion. Considering they go to planets and basically enslave the races they encounter.

maybe, also mal'ganis is back there in his homeworld again, but it seems like he is more on a grudge against the lich king and not azeroth itself, since the lich king betrayed him and he has yet to have his true revenge

while this is true, dreadlords unlike eredar can only be killed on their home planet of xoroth, kill them anywhere else and they simply go home and regenerate, normal demons can die anywhere as long as they are fully summoned (most demons come through avatars because its much faster and easier) so taking out the nathrezim first would be a good plan, also whos to say we just get up and say "lets go to argus" argus is the legions main headquarters i highly doubt we could just walk in there. so starting off in a slightly lower planet would make alot more sense then going straight to argus.

xoroth could also have some awesome stuff on it, the dreadsteads come from there, necromancy comes from there, it would be like wrath of the lich king demon version.

ive been saying we should go to xoroth for a long time

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Not sure if you're aware, but Tichondrius is dead.
    The "dread lords cannot die" logic doesn't apply to him, because he was killed by a DEMON HUNTER.
    thats not how it works. demon hunters killing a demon has nothing to do with whether they stay dead or not. regular demons can be killed anywhere if summoned fully, dreadlords NOMATTER WHAT cannot die unless killed on their homeplanet. why? we dont know for sure but thats the lore of dreadlords/nathrezim
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Honestly I don't believe they'll do a Xoroth expansion if they ever will do an Argus one. Just think about all the wining, whole 3 expansions based of the Burning Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Eh, WoW doesn't really go by the whole "Level = Power" thing. But to be fair, when we fought KJ in TBC, he wasn't even fully in Azeroth. If he was successfully summoned we'd have been screwed.
    Let's say Kil'Jaedan was at 1/10 of his power in TBC.

(rounded up) 12million life. Raid Finder bosses have 300-500million life now. If Kil'Jaedan was at full power he would have 120 million.

People who fight now are more powerful. Numbers don't lie.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i still want to have demon hunters as a class, and them introduce a new weapon type called glaive :P (or just maybe do what they did with illidan's glaives :P)

but thats just me