Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    God people have been beating the 'world pvp' horse since BC. That dead horse must be nothing but mush. If anything, now that everyone has 65% resil, this will ENCOURAGE world pvp. People with PVE gear who were afraid to attack anyone in the world, now will be more inclined to do so... and thus... world pvp.

But really who the hell cares?
    Which is great execpt for the fact that PVP people in PVP armor gotten from PVP and made for PVP can't participate anymore because they'll get roflstomped by the gear disparity IN PVP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silus View Post
    World pvp is just ganking. I don't see how exactly going and farming pvp vendors in groups or 20+ for an hour or so can be fun.
    What thel hell are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Thank god, someone finally said it. These so called "definitive death of x" threads are as stupid as they are ignorant.
    Yepp, Pvpers are just pissed that they will need skill to play there class and to overcome or kill someone, not cause they have pvp gear, Good Change.

PvP is not the focus of WoW and never will be its a side thing that was added in, PvE is the focus & always will be. Back in the day all World PvP was in PvE Dungeon or the original Tier 1 Gear.

Most PvPers prbly joined during Wrath or Cata and wouldn't know, even if they joined in TBC.
    PvPers have always been the biggest whiners in WoW anyway, An are the reason for alot of Class changes come cause of PvP.

If you don't like the changes than quit, maybe PvP will get better with all the whiners gone.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-28 at 09:56 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I'm sorry, but, if PvE gear dominates PvP gear (which I am 100% sure it wont), wouldn't that make world pvp even better? Since the vast majority of people out in the world wear PvE gear, and the silly gankers are mostly just the ones with PvP gear out there. Won't everyone having a shot at killing each other make world PvP more enticing? Rather than just being ganked by a kid in elite gear you have no chance to even defend against, while you are trying to do your dailies?

OP makes no sense imo.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Yepp, Pvpers are just pissed that they will need skill to play there class and to overcome or kill someone, not cause they have pvp gear, Good Change.

PvP is not the focus of WoW and never will be its a side thing that was added in, PvE is the focus & always will be. Back in the day all World PvP was in PvE Dungeon or the original Tier 1 Gear.

Most PvPers prbly joined during Wrath or Cata and wouldn't know, even if they joined in TBC.
    PvPers have always been the biggest whiners in WoW anyway, An are the reason for alot of Class changes come cause of PvP.

If you don't like the changes than quit, maybe PvP will get better with all the whiners gone.
    what in the world? lol

OT didnt realize people were freaking out this much over this... it's not going change that much. good change as long as pve gear stays in line.

PvPers have always been the biggest whiners in WoW anyway
    Comments like this are just asking for infractions guys, it doesn't help get your point across. Consider this a warning.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-28 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    World PvP died with the introduction of Battlegrounds.
    No wait, with best gear coming from arenas.
    No wait, with flying mounts.
    No wait, with resilience.
    No wait, with mass summons.
    No wait, with base resilience.

People are just mad that they can't own someone with 0 skill just because they have no PvP gear.
    Lets see how you like it soon, if you only pvp, and are in full pvp gear and you are going to be roflstomped by someone
    outgearing you by 30 ilvls in pve gear. Owait, you got skill....

They closed the gap on gear with 5.2, they open it again on 5.3!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    Lets see how you like it soon, if you only pvp, and are in full pvp gear and you are going to be roflstomped by someone
    outgearing you by 30 ilvls in pve gear. Owait, you got skill....

They closed the gap on gear with 5.2, they open it again on 5.3!
    Its called being on a PvP server. You need to deal with it. People in PvE gear dealt with pvpers having an advantage for a long time, I don't see why PvPers shouldn't need to deal with a gear disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    Its called being on a PvP server. You need to deal with it. People in PvE gear dealt with pvpers having an advantage for a long time, I don't see why PvPers shouldn't need to deal with a gear disparity.
    Honestly, it's like you people are lobotomized. Your idiocy actually makes me angry.

PVE'ers should have a disadvantage in PVP. PVPers certainly have a disadvantage in PVE, and that's okay. Fuck, that's the design Blizzard said they wanted.

I sincerely don't understand how anyone with a fully functioning, adult human brain could have even the slightest problem understanding this.

Mod edit: User received an infraction for flaming.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-28 at 08:39 PM.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    you know what i am curious about?

There should be a tally of all the "WoW is Dead/ruined" "PvP is Dead/ruined" "PvE (dungeons/raids/anything to do with JP/VP) is Dead/Ruined" as well as how many days into new expansion there was a "last expac X sucked, current Y is the best"

Because I feel like i'm having Deja Vu from reading these threads.

oh also the "I am unsubbing but still posting on forums" count. would be interesting to see these numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    you know what i am curious about?

There should be a tally of all the "WoW is Dead/ruined" "PvP is Dead/ruined" "PvE (dungeons/raids/anything to do with JP/VP) is Dead/Ruined" as well as how many days into new expansion there was a "last expac X sucked, current Y is the best"

Because I feel like i'm having Deja Vu from reading these threads.

oh also the "I am unsubbing but still posting on forums" count. would be interesting to see these numbers.
    To call it dead is a gross hyperbole. That does not mean it is not worthy of discussion and serious thought.

world pvp dead.... yeah right.

If i had a nickle for everytime wow has been dying or is dead id be rich
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    PVE'ers should have a disadvantage in PVP.
    I certainly don't want this, and after all I think world PvP will be more challenging in 5.3 than it is now. Though I also don't want PvE gear to be BETTER than PvP gear in WPvP, it's just absurd.

I guess all the "whining" and all the shitstorms produced by the community have already reached respectable dimensions (good thing), so they will eventually force Blizz to fix the "PvE > PvP in WPvP" issue. I don't think that this so called "unfortunate sacrifice" will go or stay live for too long.

world pvp has been pretty much dead since wrath...

Being 520 Ilvl, and getting killed by a 490 ilvl is this:

1) makes no sense whatsoever because I literally, could not stop them at ANY cost, no amount of healing/cooldowns could keep me alive long enough to at least fear and get away

2) makes pvping for pvers 100% unattractive, I used to love pvping outside of hardcore raiding; but now theres just ZERO point

3) just dumb because 30 ilvls is such a huge gap, it should almost be an entire character level below me

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Being 520 Ilvl, and getting killed by a 490 ilvl is this:

1) makes no sense whatsoever because I literally, could not stop them at ANY cost, no amount of healing/cooldowns could keep me alive long enough to at least fear and get away

2) makes pvping for pvers 100% unattractive, I used to love pvping outside of hardcore raiding; but now theres just ZERO point

3) just dumb because 30 ilvls is such a huge gap, it should almost be an entire character level below me
    Haha, wow. You people are completely infuriating.

The reason the item level discrepancy is so large is to help you PVErs out. It's to ensure PVP gear is not better for PVE. Do you understand this? If not, try reading it a few more times.

PVP gear is given PVP stats to compensate for this difference. Are you following? Please, go slowly.

You are essentially arguing that PVE gear should just be better for everything, making PVP gear pointless. Do you understand? Do you understand how you are suggesting something so utterly nonsensical and selfish that it can only be explained by an unwillingness to stop and think about what you're saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    The one that love wpvp?
    What, all twenty of them?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Its strange how no one say nothing about gear back in Wrath and BC where i just eat for breakfest the majority of World PvP players aka gankers with pve gear
    And to outpreform a 496 pvp gear will need to be atleast 70% in BiS heroic gear and rest to be tunderforged.And still chances are equal coz you will attack from behind as always
    I only wonder why blizz will downgrade the ellite gear.What prestige i will have wearing the same Ilv with different collors
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-03-29 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    PvP gear was MADE for PvP it is it's sole reason for existing. If PvP gear gets worse at PvP than PvE gear there's something horrible wrong.
    Great...so you`d fully support lowering the ilvls of said items to remove pvp geared players from LFRs and heroics...because we pve players are tired of carrying you...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvy View Post
    Top level PvP gear will be at a disadvantage to top level PvE gear, and PvE'rs literally all run past eachother so they can get their quests dont quicker.

Looks like world PvP is done.

Also, if they normalize gear is certain PvP locations, things will get even more ridiculous. It's Blizzard pretty much saying "you must world PvP here". Some of the best world PvP encounters I've had have been out in the world. I was levelling my mining once in Burning Steppes, and came across a pally who was doing the same. We kept fighting that spanned over two zones, he called a few of his friends, I called a few of mine. It was a fight that lasted like 2 hours.

He was a super geared PvE pally and I was a mediocre geared PvP player. If this encounter were to happen in 5.3, I'd have no chance at killing him and he'd wreck me.

Mod edit: There's no need for flaming.
    Like he had no chance killing you.

World PvP wont be dead. Why does everyone assume the worst from Blizz?

o wait.