Thread: Warbringers ...

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Warbringers ...

So my group and I just wiped on one because we had no tank, then a warrior just swoop down and soloed it ...

Group content heh.

I know it sucks, but thats just how it is, some classes are better at taking a beating to the face than others;/ *shakes fist at her best friend that plays a ret/prot paladin*

Hopefully you and your group will get a chance to nuke one another time, goodluck

Good thing it wasnt the last warbringer ever,but im surprised the warrior soloed it,i used to have a laugh watching hunters jump around chippin away at the monsters health

They didn't want ranged to solo them so they made it so only tanks could. I might be able to do it on my hunter if I could still interrupt that damn fear.

Howd you not kill it??? we did it with a shammy hunter priest...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Funny, tried one solo on my prot paladin, took 10-20 mins to take down (didn't count time, but it took looong) got ganked at 5% (they were there from 40% but werent in a hurry) and I am on Twisting Nether EU Horde, there are only like 0.5% active Alliance there

They were changed apparently so you couldn't solo them anymore but I've been able to do it as a blood dk, even if it takes a good 7-8 minutes to do so, seems a bit unfair but in all my kills which is roughly 20-25 I've not seen a mount drop so there you go!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    Good thing it wasnt the last warbringer ever,but im surprised the warrior soloed it,i used to have a laugh watching hunters jump around chippin away at the monsters health
    I sure tanks will gladly use their time to help others grind a mob for a mount. A mount that they want to. On a mob they can solo. Sure, players in WoW are awesome that way.

I've soloed a Warbringer as a Guardian Druid.
    The hardest things is just to dodge the meteor rains and keep the add on a distance.
    Rest is a cake walk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted
    And exactly what is new about the fact that tanks can solo that stuff others can't?

warlocks can solo it easy :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Our guilds Elemental Shaman can solo it too.
    But a hunter and me (resto shaman) can down them fast with just the two of us.
    Once i healed a shadowpriest face tanking one of them.
    If you cant solo it, two people are more than enough for them. Mounts drop quite ok, so sharing them is no problem.
    We got 4 mounts in 3hours, 2 for everybody.

10+ Year Old Account
    I soloed at minimum 50 warbringers and have seen one mount drop they take about 4mins or so to kill....This was as a warlock

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tethos View Post
    If you cant solo it, two people are more than enough for them. Mounts drop quite ok, so sharing them is no problem.
    We got 4 mounts in 3hours, 2 for everybody.
    RNG is RNG. Had to kill ~30 warbringers until the slate mount dropped, while I got the jade one from the 12th or so.
    Luckily, they are indeed very easy to solo as a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    I've soloed a Warbringer as a Guardian Druid.
    The hardest things is just to dodge the meteor rains and keep the add on a distance.
    Rest is a cake walk.
    I used to solo them but after the hotfix I can't do it anymore. For the add, I recommend just using entangling roots, it's perfect and keeps it rooted till it despawns. Meteors, fear... if I use the anti-fear trinket that drops from Muerta, I lose a lot by not having a nice agility trinket in that slot instead. I nowadays duo them with whoever is after warbringers, as long as there's a dps that brings his health down, I can technically still 'solo' it.

I solo them when I can as a brm (pvp server with 4:1 alliance horde ratio :/ and yeah Im horde)

I dont even bother with the fear ones, too damn buggy. Paralysis the add, keep healing up. Easy mode.

And yes, every time I see one I advertise for more, having a group makes it so much faster. 9/10 I cant even find one dps though.

And if you are having a ganking problem, drag them FAR away from the normal spawn, and avoid the routes of the warscouts. In kunlei theres a cave that is pretty amazing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    So my group and I just wiped on one because we had no tank, then a warrior just swoop down and soloed it ...

Group content heh.
    Yeah, it's a tough one, but my son's DK which is around ilvl 489 can normally solo those as blood (in DPS gear). Endless self healing is endless. About the only time he dies is if he lets his health get too low and then he gets feared. I watched A warlock, Spriest and Druid get melted by one, that's gotta be annoying.

I'm a protection paladin, easy as anything when you've got monster self heals, and better to tank the add for the added vengeance so it dies faster.

I've made so many 'enemies' on my server because I keep soloing these. Honestly though, a group of 4 should be able to handle these easily if you're paying attention to the mechanics. A few things to note -

• Kite the warbringer away from the vengeful spirits. These things hit hard even on a tank - allowing them to whack on DPS/Healers is a guarateed way to die.
    • Break/Avoid as many fears as you can. Deathknights have it easier here, but a lot of classes have things they can do about this (it's not interruptable, but you can use Tremor Totem and the like). If you can't avoid or break the fear, pop a defensive CD before horrific visage is succesfully cast.
    • Drop AoE when scarabs spawn. These don't affect tanks much, but can harass healers quite well.
    • Be very careful to keep the warbringer near his spawn area, even when kiting him - he has a very short leash.
    • If you can, kill the pterrorwing and any warscout before you pull. I realize this isn't always possible, as competition on some realms is fierce, but killing these first prevents accidentally pulling them and adding more damage into the mix.
    • If your realm is high population, try to find a friend on a low pop server and CRZ to their realm. Many realms have little to no competition for these spawns, while others have all spawn sites camped at all hours.

Hope this helps.

Very easy to kite even after the "fix" as a hunter. We have so many of good skills/talents for this. Glyph of pathfinder and cheetah for kiting, glyph of disengage for when you close to warbringer. Pet on passive. Warbringer stop every 10sec or so to cast his 2-3sec spells, so normaly you will never be in melee range. The best place to solo in my opinion is Kun Lai and Dread Wastes.