Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by holyunholy View Post
    From what I read in the Daily Mail, Britain is undergoing a lot of problems and they are frankly terrifying. Asylum seekers living in multi million pound mansions and people on welfare getting houses custom built for them. It takes more than a government to fix these problems, it is a problem of culture IMHO.
    The Daily Mail sensationalises a ton of these stories, but generally speaking there is a hint of truth behind them. We've got a radical cleric (Abu Hamza al-Masri) who preaches hatred against the U.K. claims benefits and is fighting deportation for terrorist acts in Jordan, and his family is in a council flat that they can't be evicted from.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Right now what we have are party politicians, doing what serves their voters instead of what suits the country - instead we need EXPERTS in there not tied to any singular political ideology to work out how to balance the thing out.
    The way the Brits move people around from Cabinet position to Cabinet position despite them having virtually zero expertise in the area makes me grind my teeth in rage.

Although, as much as I would like for you to have a Cabinet of experts so to speak, they would have to be experts democratically elected with due process - otherwise you risk going the way of the EU and inadvertently create a class of unaccountable technocrats.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Thats a lie, Asylum seekers only get large country houses, not Mansions, they are also only given 1 luxury car per adult too.
    JUST 1 LUXURRY CAR How dare you ! Off to the Human Rights Court to demand justice !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    My Great-Grandchildren will be long dead before this debt is resolved and paid off. Sound like things are going in the right direction?
    Debt is fine. People who think debt is bad don't know how modern nation-states function.

I wouldn't actually run for office. I'd rather just move out of the U.K. at this point ^_^
    I would honestly suggest it if you really think the UK is that bad that you want to destroy it internally.

The Daily Mail sensationalises a ton of these stories, but generally speaking there is a hint of truth behind them. We've got a radical cleric (Abu Hamza al-Masri) who preaches hatred against the U.K. claims benefits and is fighting deportation for terrorist acts in Jordan, and his family is in a council flat that they can't be evicted from.
    Now you're against free speech?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    I suggest that you go and read everything that everyone has posted in this thread,
    reevaluate your entire stance on all of your "Policies" and remember that even though this is all hypothetical, you are talking to members of the British public that would be responsible for bringing you into power, as you being responsible for them. once you have done this, come back and post your thoughts, and lets see how they would shape up. Remember a government should be working for benefit of it's population, not for the benefit of big business.

Yes things need to change, but some of your policies are much, much worse than what the current administration are implementing, and they are pretty much universally hated by everyone who is not a multimillionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    The way the Brits move people around from Cabinet position to Cabinet position despite them having virtually zero expertise in the area makes me grind my teeth in rage.
    Same. I hate how they just get moved around, and are suddenly making decisions they've no understanding in. Like Jeremy Hunt being made Health Secretary after being Culture Secretary.

Yes but that is the fault of the government. People elect the government and so eventually you are responsible. However to be honest the Human Rights Charade is not uncommon in western countries. It is ridiculous what these courts can do with no accountability. We had a ship full of asylum seekers land here. The government, the media and he people all knew in advance and there was nothing we could do to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Debt is fine. People who think debt is bad don't know how modern nation-states function.
    I understand the value of debt to a nation, and I see its need. No country could operate at a profit per day, but the current debt is obscene.

I would honestly suggest it if you really think the UK is that bad that you want to destroy it internally.
    Don't quite get what you're saying here, sorry.

Now you're against free speech?
    Free Speech doesn't allow you to speak hatred, abuse, spit at our citizens, police and armed forces, incite hatred and then rinse the system for as much money as possible. If it was my call, he'd be on a plane tomorrow morning.

Deleted
    I understand the value of debt to a nation, and I see its need. No country could operate at a profit per day, but the current debt is obscene.

Free Speech doesn't allow you to speak hatred, abuse, spit at our citizens, police and armed forces, incite hatred and then rinse the system for as much money as possible. If it was my call, he'd be on a plane tomorrow morning
    I do agree with you on this point, his right to free speech should end the moment he called for Muslims of the UK to rise up and wage war on our own soil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? Asking people to work for the money they get from the Government, lowering the taxes to provide more security in spending money, more business incentives such as 10 years tax free for large companies the set up manufacturing and hire British workers all over the country, and enable cheaper exports to get our products around the world?

Yeh... Sounds awful!
    1) Flat tax/VAT system would hurt the low income workers the most.
    2) Lower taxation income would hurt the regions where they receive more in payments than they give.

Your tax breaks for companies would further drain the available tax income, so those regions that don't generate enough to invest in infrastructure would be fucked.

As I said, you'd be more unpopular than Thatcher in those regions - that would be an impressive achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly thanks to our need to have significant hard power for a nation our size plus clinging onto the Empire for too long. It's not so much about modern policies.

To me it makes sense that you hate the UK so much that you'd institute your policies - to further destroy, alienate and ravage the country. If you hate it so much maybe you're right in just leaving it alone.

Free Speech doesn't allow you to speak hatred, abuse, spit at our citizens, police and armed forces, incite hatred and then rinse the system for as much money as possible. If it was my call, he'd be on a plane tomorrow morning.
    Yes it does. And your response is fascism. When an actual Muslim connected to him actually causes violence, we can book him.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

Deleted
    I don't mind people that gain citizenship claiming benefits. That normally means that they've lived here for at least 5 years and have been working etc prior to that. The only thing I'd add is that they're a skilled worker with x amount of years experience before they can apply for citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    1) Flat tax/VAT system would hurt the low income workers the most.
    2) Lower taxation income would hurt the regions where they receive more in payments than they give.

Your tax breaks for companies would further drain the available tax income, so those regions that don't generate enough to invest in infrastructure would be fucked.

As I said, you'd be more unpopular than Thatcher in those regions - that would be an impressive achievement.
    Percentile values would hurt the lower income yes, but more jobs would be made available through business deals, and the lower tax overall should still net a gain in spending power for all families. If wrong, I'd of course make adjustments.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:58 PM ----------

It's mostly thanks to our need to have significant hard power for a nation our size plus clinging onto the Empire for too long. It's not so much about modern policies.
    Incorrect. National Debt skyrocketed under Labour.

To me it makes sense that you hate the UK so much that you'd institute your policies - to further destroy, alienate and ravage the country. If you hate it so much maybe you're right in just leaving it alone.
    Yeh, the fact that I am totally digusted by the current system and the lack of determination from the people to change it shows a serious problem from myself! Like I said, I've got the funds to just leave, but I'd like to think there is some sense still in the system.

Yes it does. And your response is fascism. When an actual Muslim connected to him actually causes violence, we can book him.
    No, it doesn't. He has been known, or his 'followers' have caused violence in the past, specifically targeted at our Armed Forces. Even if a White guy was doing the same thing, I'd have the same done to him.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    I don't mind people that gain citizenship claiming benefits. That normally means that they've lived here for at least 5 years and have been working etc prior to that. The only thing I'd add is that they're a skilled worker with x amount of years experience before they can apply for citizenship.
    Agreed. I should edit the OP to reflect this perhaps?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I've got the funds to just leave
    Leave where? What country has it better?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Percentile values would hurt the lower income yes, but more jobs would be made available through business deals, and the lower tax overall should still net a gain in spending power for all families. If wrong, I'd of course make adjustments.
    You can't force a company to open up somewhere if the skillset required isn't available locally, so would you relocate people? Would you do it forcibly?

At the moment, the government provides tax breaks for companies to invest in certain areas, so under your system, what would be the difference, if any?

10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. National Debt skyrocketed under Labour.
    So did the economy, lulz.

Yeh, the fact that I am totally digusted by the current system and the lack of determination from the people to change it shows a serious problem from myself! Like I said, I've got the funds to just leave, but I'd like to think there is some sense still in the system.
    Right. You think there are problems where there aren't and blame the wrong people, perpetuating myths and encouraging negativity. I'd definitely define you as a problem.

No, it doesn't. He has been known, or his 'followers' have caused violence in the past, specifically targeted at our Armed Forces. Even if a White guy was doing the same thing, I'd have the same done to him.
    As long as you admit your fascism, I'm fine with it. If he's "been known" to have caused violence, he'd be in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Australia is a tempting choice. Good growth through Mining, and Oil exploration is increasing in Australia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A tropical Island in the sun with his multi millionaire friends?

So did the economy, lulz.
    Urgh! Such ignorance! It increased on borrowed money, it was a false economy created to gain votes! That is all ...

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 04:03 PM ----------

A tropical Island in the sun with his multi millionaire friends?
    Hey! Who told you about my secret tropical island?

I would simply copy the Scandinavian countries, they are the only ones not in the shit.
    Or Australia.

Scandinavian countries have quite high tax don't they?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day