Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading when you said hunters didn't have a high skill cap.

Just because they can faceroll to 1800 doesn't mean they are an easy class to play at competitive rating.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

If hunters would get a minimum range then hunters would be completely useless when they're not outside of that range. you can just slow or freeze them in place, stand next to them and they cant do anything beside to run away, or use disengage. bring in a dk, and they can grip you instantly out of your deterance. It would make the game unbalanced against these situations

I don't hear any multi-gladiators complaining about hunters atm. Casters are also generally preferred over them in high rated 5's and RBG's, so their representation isn't everywhere - they're not in huge demand unless we talk about lower ratings.

I fail to see how the OP is making any big point, as hunters are far from being too strong right now. The removal of the minimum range was more of a quality of life improvement for both PvP and PvE.

Deleted
    you can just slow or freeze them in place, stand next to them and they cant do anything beside to run away, or use disengage
    like if master call doesnt exist or roar of sacrifice

I think every person needs to level a 90 of every class to be eligible for PVP. There are op classes, there has always been op classes and there has been weak classes that really have never been fixed.

I am sure you can pick each class and give the pros and cons for playing them and as blizzard stated before PVP is not balance for one on one, so why do those class that are so OP and kick ass one on one continue to have more and more made? It is very simple, just go look at the top arena teams and see whom is playing the most classes and the weakest class and adjust them.

I can see the mage's point, I can see the rouge's point, I can see the DK and Hunter's point, but when a person has been playing a certain class for YEARS because they started that class in vanilla and enjoy it and at the same time one of the weakest classes, it doesn't get to be to much. I am not the kind of person who switches classes because of the OP favor of the month is doing very well. I guess that I just want things to be fair and in my opinion as someone who has played one and has one of every class, it does get frustrated.

I happen to pay a caster class also, what gets me between the stuns, silences and the amount of damage a melee class can put on a caster is really stupid. Most if all my casting spells takes from 1 to 5 seconds to cast and in that time I have seen melee take me out with their bang, bang, bang, bang your dead before you get a chance to cast one or two spells. I seen it in my combat log and with someone over 65% resilience, this is bs...but I either accept it or no longer play pvp.

At least back in the day I had a chance one on one with any classes, I honestly can't say that now days.

I don't think it would work without reintroducing melee weapons for hunters - otherwise you'd just have a 8y dead zone. With blizzard's stance of simplyfing everything I don't ever see that happen though.

15+ Year Old Account
    No minimum range needed but nerf their control, it is obscene especially vs casters.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No minimum range needed but nerf their control, it is obscene especially vs casters.
    Mild confusion here. All of our control has a 24+ second cooldown apiece, and lasts for 4-8 seconds each, max. Allow me to list it out:

Freezing Trap- 8 sec duration, 28 second cooldown Magic Dispellable Breaks on dmg
    Tier 1 talent(if taken)- 8 sec duration, 25 sec cooldown Magic Dispellable
    Scatter Shot- 4 sec Duration, 30 sec cooldown Breaks on dmg
    Silencing Shot- 3 sec duration, 24 second cooldown
    Intimidation- 3 second duration, 60 second cooldown

Pet CC abilities:
    Crane Sleep- 4 Sec Duration, 60 sec cooldown Magic Dispellablebreaks on dmg
    Basilisk Cyclone - 3 sec duration, 60 sec cooldown
    Monkey Blind - 4 sec duration, 60 sec cooldown Magic Dispellable breaks on dmg

In order to utilize more than a single pet CC ability, the hunter has to shut down ALL damage output for 3+ seconds, be in line of sight of their pet (read:cant use Intimidation), and still manage to not die while casting Dismiss pet. all of the longest duration CC effects hunters have break on damage, or are laughably short to begin with (lol3secs), even before counting other people's DRs.

Simply put: If you can't beat a hunter as a caster, its a l2p issue.
    Last edited by Arcanimus; 2013-03-31 at 10:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

OP is troll. End of discussion.

Mod Edit: Infracted for Minor spam. Don't post just to call someone a troll.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-31 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    You can disarm a caster as well, reducing their damage by a fair amount... You really can't compare a disarm to a hunter to a silence/interrupt on a caster, not to mention that disarms are on a 1 min cooldown, while interrupts can be as low as 12 seconds and silences as low as 20 seconds.

And honestly, do you even have any idea of which classes I actually play?
    lol you're comparing 'fair amount' to complete dmg lockout? and disarms are blanket, no way of avoiding. interrupts can be avoided by either staying out of melee range of target, or setting up cast periods with cc. i can compare, as ive played all casters but priest, and know the affect they have on each. it is the same pain for all classes. if you are casting with melee on you, you are not doing it right to begin with. so if you're getting locked out every 12 secs, that is a play issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    lol you're comparing 'fair amount' to complete dmg lockout? and disarms are blanket, no way of avoiding. interrupts can be avoided by either staying out of melee range of target, or setting up cast periods with cc. i can compare, as ive played all casters but priest, and know the affect they have on each. it is the same pain for all classes. if you are casting with melee on you, you are not doing it right to begin with. so if you're getting locked out every 12 secs, that is a play issue.
    If I'm not mistaken when you Disarm a caster they will lose the bonuses of the weapon for the duration. That is a big chunk of pvp power lost right there for pvp the difference is huge . So yeah I would say it's a fair amount of damage gone.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My only problem with hunters, that you cannot run away from them
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I think it's pretty good. I might not be the best person to add to this topic since i've missed a lot of seasons, but hunters were useless in just about all the ones i've played especially in TBC. The only time they were really that strong was at the start of WOTLK but were quickly nerfed because of rng stuns and what not. Some comps played really well with a hunter like beastcleave but they've generally always been a pretty weak class.

It's changes like these that seem like it's for the better of pvp. It's an indirect damage buff that changes the way you have to deal with the class. Which is what changes should be like, not direct damage buffs or more cc.

If we are going off purely that firing a bow from close rang is inefficient, we can also make the point that firing a rifle close range is inefficient. While they are not optimum, the weapon will still reach a velocity to pierce through skin. If we were REALLY going off of bullets and arrows, there would be one spec, MM, where you carefully aimed your weapon for a headshot. Then it would be CoD. The magic of this game is that it isnt reality.

Back on topic, hunters can be disarmed and rendered useless. If I take your warlocks staff, you are still going to hurt me. As a hunter, without a bow, no actions until its over.

10+ Year Old Account
    It always bothered me when I started that hunters had minimum range. If you had a gun you can still use it when your right next to the target. Magic casters had minimum range but not hunters and when some one got in close you could only use 3 abilities. Im glad Blizz made hunters like all the other casters. If they re-implement minimum range for hunters they need to do the same for magic casters to, make it so you are completely useless next to the target.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-04-01 at 02:30 AM.

hmm no. bye.

user received infraction for minor spam
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-01 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well @Impfernal, it seens that most people are against you, so that's a no..., it was really unfair for hunters if you think that way, for example, a mage only needed to freeze a hunter and nothing more in the past to beat him, now they need to actually do something, also, you're a warlock, you can use fear to interrupt him or/and make it a little bit easier for you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayne13 View Post
    If we are going off purely that firing a bow from close rang is inefficient, we can also make the point that firing a rifle close range is inefficient. While they are not optimum, the weapon will still reach a velocity to pierce through skin
    Wait what?
    A bullet leaving the end of the barrel WILL NEVER BE MOVING FASTER DURING IT'S TRAJECTORY.

OT: Blizzard will never reinstate the deadzone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Changes I'd like to see for hunters is:
    -explosive trap knock back still doing damage. They already have CC out the wazoo a guaranteed knock back on a trapped target is too much. If the knock back lands it should break the CC.
    -Shouldn't be able to use pet damage abilities, kill command, blink strike, etc. if they don't have LOS on their pet. Hunter's complained about pets being dragged behind boxes and killed. Have to learn to manage pet if you're going to play a pet class.
    -8 second undispelable AOE root when they disengage.

I actually like powershot the way it is. It probably crits too hard but I like that it breaks CC and that people have time to LOS, interrupt it or intercept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had a terrible game tonight against a thugcleave, so came back to whine, two changes to hunters:

1. Remove Readiness (and Cold Snap, and Preparation) - if the classes need reduced cooldowns after that, that's absolutely fine - but having all their cooldowns back to back is definitively unbalanced.

2. Possibly remove Intimidation from BM, it's silly.

3. No minimum range, it's dumb. (since this is not a change, it's still only two changes, if you were counting).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter