Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    No they were completely gimped with this restriction before but I feel something needs to be done, I think they maybe need to hit some of the cc/root and slows they have. I'm almost always unable to do stuff while hunters are around as a melee. Playing Frost DK currently and it was just constant root, freeze, stun, slowed, disengage if I can get to him. I just really feel it's not possible without a healer present.

I suppose it isn't just hunters though really. There are just to many cc's and slows going around right now.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-04-02 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Remove disengage :V and you will see no more hunter :V

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Remove disengage :V and you will see no more hunter :V
    No I don't think they would do that. That would be like getting rid of blink or charge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    No I don't think they would do that. That would be like getting rid of blink or charge.
    I know but i would love to see some Hunter "Scared" only because i've said it....btw blink was in the game before the current disengage

Removing minimum range was really stupid - Casters could get interrupted, hunters can't. Hunters also have zero dps loss from moving

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Yeah you can shoot an arrow and a gun from point blank. The arrow wouldn't be as effective but the gun would.
    The arrow would be significantly more effective at point blank range than at its normal range. It carries more momentum and you can't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    You have no idea how fantasy work, do you?
    In fantasy arrows gain speed as they go through the air? I guess goblins might strap rockets to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The arrow would be significantly more effective at point blank range than at its normal range. It carries more momentum and you can't miss.

In fantasy arrows gain speed as they go through the air? I guess goblins might strap rockets to them.
    Fortunately Azeroth does not need to contend with Goblin Archers
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i have no problem with minimum range for hunters if casters start casting again to do dmg, not spaming instants 24/7
    I agree 100%

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    actually i main a monk atm. name a class that can touch hunters 1v1 atm.
    My unholy dk eats hunters. this xpac havent lost to a single hunter 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Reavy View Post
    Minimum range requirement certainly gave a higher skill cap to hunters as well as diversity in game play. Why remove it in the first place?
    Multiple reasons, and it actually happened in stages.

Stage 1: Hunters initially had a true dead zone, where they literally could not attack. Minimum range was 8 yards, and max melee range was 5 yards. Skilled casters could ride that dead zone and be untouchable.

Stage 2: This gap was closed, meaning we could always use some of our abilities, even if it was just Raptor Strike and Wing Clip.

Stage 3: When the Ranged/Trinket slot was removed from all classes, so was our ability to wield a melee weapon, as our Ranged slot simply became the Primary Weapon slot. With no melee moves and no weapon, Blizzard felt that complete removal of the dead zone was necessary.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 08:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Removing minimum range was really stupid - Casters could get interrupted, hunters can't. Hunters also have zero dps loss from moving
    Depending on talents, Hunters can lose DPS while moving. However, that's not the primary point. The primary point is no other ranged class has a range at which they deal literally 0 damage. Making hunters the only class with that dead zone would be incredibly unbalanced.

And yes, I know, the pet. Pet damage is still the smaller part of our DPS.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

What is the main weakness of hunters now?

Can't be interrupted.
    Can't be silenced.
    Can't be caught in a deadzone.
    Deal full damage while running.
    Melee can't stay on them for more than a couple of seconds.
    Back to back to back trinkets
    Back to back CD's

10+ Year Old Account
    people thinking hunters have adv. 1v1 over destro, lol.

i agree with min range tho, hunters are leading a charmed life in general atm.

[edit] - i'd rather nerf their instant cc..bananas right now. been saying they were best offensive ranged since early PTR builds.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-04-03 at 01:58 PM.

Well it's annoying to have to pre-cc (scatter) in order to land the main cc as a hunter, and even then it's not sure that the trap will work as intended (someone else can eat it).

Traps got nerfed long ago, by adding the "detonation delay", and this hasn't been looked at since then. Probably warrior tears caused this nerf

I find that hunters are too free atm, can do anything while running except power shot i think ? thats just lame.

Hunter damage is sick in PvP and getting close to them does not prevent or slow down their damage. its a lost cause unless theres an obstacle or something to hide behind.

The most ironic part is hunters being able to cast STEADY shot while running. Where is the steady part ? xD

At this point, only a stupid hunter would fail and stay in fire cuz he was focused on dps since he can do almost everything while strafing/moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    The most ironic part is hunters being able to cast STEADY shot while running. Where is the steady part ? xD
    Well, the hunter is steadily moving while doing DPS, that's the steady part.

Don't understand why people have a problem with hunters kiting, in 3v3 arena if you get kited all game then you deserve to lose. You should los, swap targets, cc, etc. The poster is a warlock... I find it really funny that you can get kited by a hunter when you're not even melee... Even melees in the game have lots of mobility to prevent getting kited

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Feign death? If I were a hunter I'd just reflect that chaos bolt with a deterrence :/
    You would be surprised how much hunters waste their interrupt cd's on incinerates or fears. Just got nothing left when that CB is coming in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    It's not about not being able to do dmg to hunters because of kiting, it's about being unable to avoid their dmg altogether. Along the way hunter just turned into this mongo class that can't be stopped.
    Kind of like a Mage that can just chain poly / freeze / deep freeze / instant spell you to death? Or a Warlock that just dots you and then pillar humps / fears you until you die? Real skill play there imo. Mongo indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Kind of like a Mage that can just chain poly / freeze / deep freeze / instant spell you to death? Or a Warlock that just dots you and then pillar humps / fears you until you die? Real skill play there imo. Mongo indeed.
    Can we settle on wow not being extremely hard, point is hunters in the hand of anyone who understands pvp is just imba, just like rogues, and in extreme cases mages. Pillar humping losing is not hard but its a dam bit harder than just not hjaving to worry about it and keeping pressure on a team without any real skill. Readiness breaks hunters imo, fuck min range req, its readiness and powershot in bm that break pvp for hunter v caster comps