[TV] classic ninja turtles crossover 30th anniversary

okay so there will be a special episode featuring the classic ninja turtles crossing over to the new ninja turtles world on the 30th anniversary and it will feature the original voice actors

http://herotaku.com/2013/04/03/99248...les-to-appear/

also the show was renewed for a third season.

i was wondering what you guys thoughts on this and the series in general are, in my opinion its one of my favorite cartoons on tv right now and im loving it.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember i watched the six old tmnt movies like 14years ago Havent seen the new series tho...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the new series for one reason, my son love TMNT thanks to it.

It's actually not that bad, considering most of the crap I watch with him. The fights are pretty cool and they are familiar feeling, but obviously updated.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the old TMNT cartoon back in the day, but looking back I have to wonder how much of that is just nostalgia. Was the show really that good, or did I like it because I was 8 years old and liked anything animated?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I loved the old TMNT cartoon back in the day, but looking back I have to wonder how much of that is just nostalgia. Was the show really that good, or did I like it because I was 8 years old and liked anything animated?
    Could be just nostalgia, although I do remember the red sky episodes of TMNT back in the mid 90's. Those episodes were dark.

Although if you want a funny outlook on how the classic show holds up I must direct you yo this.

As for the new show I haven't yet seen it, I have heard mixed opinions about it but I would rather judge for myself first.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I always preferred the original 80s series because to me it always felt how the series should of been handled. The original comic series is certainly dark and has its own feel to it and I did enjoy it, but just the entire plot and characters seems way more fitting to the 80s series style and plots. I pretty much feel the same way about TMNT as I do about Sonic the Hedgehog and the changes his series had in the late 90s/2000s. The series dont need to try and be edgy and extreme with complex stories. To me the 80s turtles and the classic Sonic video games/comics/cartoons are what I imagine fits the best for the characters and story lines and to me that will be always how I imagine the best presentation of each of those series.

For a better understanding of why I like the 80s series: loved the personalities of the characters, loved some of the jokes that seemed to fly over kids head at times, really enjoy that classic 80s animation style, enjoyed the random plots with Krang, Dimension X, the mutants and the other sci-fi tropes/stories, 4th wall breaking references, not taking itself overly serious but not just complete randomness. The series was clearly a show for kids, but I never had a problem going back and watching it again years later and feeling bored by it. Also the theme song is beyond catchy as hell and have yet to hear one of the newer incarnations surpass it. For some reason I usually catch myself singing it in my head in the morning when I wake up.

Also there was already another cross over like this with the TMNT series that aired before the current one that had them teaming up with the 80s turtles and the original comic series turtles.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-04-05 at 01:08 AM.

I love the 80's Turtles, for pretty much the same reason as Mechazod said. I gave the 2003's Turtles a change, it was pretty good, but I vastly prefered the 80's one. This new one on Nickelodeon... I gave it a try an watched the first episodes, it was actually pretty decent, but I can't get past that new art style.

Didn't they already made a crossover anniversary with the 80's and 2003's turtles? Only watched that for the 80's Turtles :P

I grew up with the 80's turtles, but I prefer the 2003 show. Maybe because I like plots and character development more now then Shredder plot of the day and comedy from the old show. Although I have to admit, the 80's turtles sillyness was amplified too much in the anniversary movie.

I like the current show (cept for THE KRAANG). Although I think it tries TOO HARD to have a mix of both the 80's and 2003 show.

At least everyone can agree that Saban's "The Next Mutation" live action show was crap :P