Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Guy pretends to be crippled to get donations, ends up walking on stream

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...to_receive_8k/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO2wIJl-Sg0

Girl telling story seems to try to cover for him as the "Oh my god" is clearly in shock but it goes off into some inane story about a dog.

Mod Edit: Please do not link images or post his personal address or email address.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-11 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just despicable. For more backstory, apparently he has been doing this for months, has gotten several thousand dollars in donations to "buy a new wheelchair", and has also had kind hearted people come over and help him move or do chores and such, while he pretended he cannot walk. Most of this information I received from the Reddit post if you are too lazy to look.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    This is why I don't really like giving money to anyone, it's very hard these days to separate crooks from real needy people as there's more crooks every day.

Wow.... Just wow...

Deleted
    Wow...what the hell? Didn't expect that...
    I actually subscribed his stream back when he was playing Diablo 3. He seemed legit. But I always had the impression that he was having some money issues.

I'm surprised he survived the inevitable facepalm after realizing what he just did. I bet it was one of the strongest facepalms in modern history.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    This is why I don't really like giving money to anyone, it's very hard these days to separate crooks from real needy people as there's more crooks every day.
    Ditto. I'm very selective about that sort of thing. Except with my tax dollars of course, since I have no choice in the matter. How incredibly stupid on his part. I hope he gets locked up for it. Though I must say even in my outrage I'm impressed at the girl's ability to turn her "Oh my God" into a convincing aside like that. It was so smooth that I almost wonder if the OMG was never about him getting up and the timing was just a coincidence.

15+ Year Old Account
    This guy and his gf should be arrested.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was in the Navy, I spent some time in Pensacola, FL in school. It was there that I learned about Panhandlers - people who aren't actually disabled/homeless/etc, but act as such to extort money from sympathetic people. I personally watched a 'homeless' man one night walk from his corner and hop into an escalade. Unfortunately for those who truly need the handouts, I will forever be suspicious of such people and refuse to help them in any way. It's absolutely despicable that people do such a thing.

Another situation that really angered me, on that same base, I and a few classmates had gone to the Exchange for lunch. I and 2 other guys were standing around the ATM waiting for a woman to finish. A black guy walked up to us, and gave us this long speech about his car being broken, his wife two states away was in the hospital, yadda yadda quite the fake sob story. I and one other guy knew right away the dude was just digging for money, and we told him to go away before we called base police. He kept it up, so I walked over to the Exchange to call security. When I came back, the guy was gone...it turns out the third person actually bought into this, went to the ATM and pulled $400 out to give to this guy. The guy in turn gave him a fake phone number and address to get hold of him so he could pay him back. Thankfully, the gate guards got word of my phone call and apprehended him as he tried to leave base, and my classmate got his money back.

But I was absolutely baffled that 1) Someone would even attempt to do something like that, and 2) that people are actually stupid enough to buy into it. It's one thing when someone comes up to me and says, "hey, can you spare a couple bucks so I can catch the bus?" or something similar, and another entirely when someone tells you a most extraordinary lie that just sounds far fetched from the get-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Haha what a retard, should be arrested for fraud or something. He's had thousands of dollars apparently, even the fish tank in the back with bought with donation money. Lol.

Haha look at the chat...he says he fell . It's so clear he stands up and walks off.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2013-04-05 at 10:41 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this is where you call the police on him for fraud and theft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    I'm surprised he survived the inevitable facepalm after realizing what he just did. I bet it was one of the strongest facepalms in modern history.
    ^ This made me lol

OT: what a douche, had a look at his streaming page, it would appear he is having "technical difficulties" I guess the facepalm has put him out of action for a while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, what a guy!

This is why I give no one anything.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

My Papaw once had a guy claiming to be a crippled war vet asking for money out on the curb in front of his house. My Papaw, being a vet himself, once gave the dude some money. Thing is, my Papaw liked to walk around the neighborhood, and one day, as he was walking a couple blocks up the street from his house, he sees the "crippled" vet getting into a nice, new sports car. Next time my Papaw saw the dude asking for money, he asked the guy about the car, and the guy denied it was his. So my Papaw simply tells the dude "Well if it ain't yours, it won't bother you too much if I head up the street then, take this cane and bust out the windows and lights, maybe take my pocketknife and pop the tires or leave a nice big scratch along the door, will it?". The guy jumps up, apologizes, and takes off. Papaw called the police afterwards and told them about the scam(along with a description and license # of the car), we dunno if they ever caught the guy, but I know he never pulled that routine on my Papaw's street again!

Its sickening that people will go so far with a lie. His whole family was even in on it...

thanks for providing an awesome form of entertainment for my afternoon.

hopefully the guy gets sued.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is one that deserves all the donations.. This guy is incredible!

http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/aieron/b/336030780

I think it's OK. In fact, it's also pretty impressive, bold and creative. He deserved the money and didn't do any harm to anyone. It's not like he stole from people, they were obviously eager to part with their money and they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpalmo View Post
    This guy is one that deserves all the donations.. This guy is incredible!

http://zh-tw.twitch.tv/aieron/b/336030780
    Wow, impressive stuff.