Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm just doing a playthrough from scratch with alchemy build, went for the "neutral" talent that increases bomb damage by 200%.

With just Enhanced bombs, i can close to one shot entire groups of enemies, might drop off later on however.
    Alchemy is definitely the powerhouse build. If you spec right you’re basically an unkillable wrecking ball.

The alchemy toxicity build is straight OP

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, but you're blowing consumables to kill one group of normal enemies, which are pretty easy in TW3. Bosses are much harder, especially the DLC ones, and they shrug off bombs like they're nothing in my experience. Just get the Igni upgrade that ignites enemies, it does tons of damage without using up consumables and you don't need to spec far to get it.
    Yeah but the Igni Build is just insanely boring and also useless agaisnt most bosses.

Igni.
    Watch the enemy burn (as hitting them breaks the burning effect)
    Igni again.
    Watch them burn.
    Loot.

Alchemy at least can get some powerful passives to shred enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The alchemy toxicity build is straight OP
    Indeed! used to to get the trophy/achievement of finishing the game at Death March difficulty easily haha only the Djinn gave me some troubles.

With alchemy build I just facerolled through everything. I tried to use bombs and shits just to look cool despite them being actually a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 coming to Nintendo Switch.

Last edited by Enjeh; 2019-06-11 at 04:19 PM.

This seems... risky... That thing really lacks computing power, even with the graphics obviously downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This seems... risky... That thing really lacks computing power, even with the graphics obviously downgraded.
    Yeah, but there are people who only own a Switch, and they should be able to enjoy the Witcher III if they can, even in a lowered graphical state. I am glad that people will get to experience this masterpiece on as many platforms as possible. Especially Blood and Wine.

Small tangent:

Anyway, I'd rather play this single player RPG on dedicated hardware, no matter how bad the graphics, than streaming it. Streaming is awful, it ads input latency to single player games, and any graphical sacrifice must be better than input latency, imho. People who dislike the Switch for the graphical downgrade....well wait till they get a load of game streaming. Not to mention artifacts, network availability/suitability, ect.

We always here that streaming is the future, to someone who hates input latency, that is like hearing the Switch graphics are the future.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2019-06-11 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it looks pretty severely downgraded. Looks like it's even running at 720p. If anything Nintendo fans still get a taste of what we got.

Fair enough, let more people enjoy the game. I just wish Switch could run it better than it will. Would be a better experience, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Fair enough, let more people enjoy the game. I just wish Switch could run it better than it will. Would be a better experience, after all.
    The best experience, imo, would be if the saves were crossplatform. It would be amazing to have an RPG like Witcher running on a high-end PC and then be able to take it portable on the switch, even if at a visual downgrade.

I'm kind of surprised that they managed to put in the files in a single cartridge, I would expect at least 10gb of download given the size of this game itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    The best experience, imo, would be if the saves were crossplatform. It would be amazing to have an RPG like Witcher running on a high-end PC and then be able to take it portable on the switch, even if at a visual downgrade.
    You kind of hope they do.

TBH Witcher 3 is to much of an experience to just play in the train for an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    TBH Witcher 3 is to much of an experience to just play in the train for an hour or so.
    If it were just that hour, sure... but if that 15, 30, or 60 minutes will shortly be followed up by a longer session once you're actually home... it would help maintain the immersion, imo. Its also plenty of time to get a game or two of gwent in. (although personally I don't care much for the way its implemented)

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone tried the new update? gotta say it looks really good on pc with all setting maxed but i have only played it on ps4 before so not sure how good it looked on pc. Just started a new playthrough though so not far yet but did have a crash think it's tied to raytracing but not sure. Some good quality of life changes too like fast casting signs.

Oh and if you sign in on the launcher you get a full set of armor and two swords.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-12-14 at 11:13 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Anyone tried the new update? gotta say it looks really good on pc with all setting maxed but i have only played it on ps4 before so not sure how good it looked on pc. Just started a new playthrough though so not far yet but did have a crash think it's tied to raytracing but not sure. Some good quality of life changes too like fast casting signs.

Oh and if you sign in on the launcher you get a full set of armor and two swords.
    I'm playing it on the Series X using the 60 fps performance mode. Framerate > graphics for me. It's smooth as butter and looks great. I'd forgotten how damn good the game is.

I had to turn down the controller sensitivity, as the default option was way too fast. Also had to turn the music down to 75%, and turned off the subtitles. The new map options are good, gets rid of a lot of visual clutter.