Poll: Do you discriminate against players for superficial reasons?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely not o_O ... That's so silly. I only discriminate if they're asses (like this person I kicked from my guild for bullying a gay guildmate).

Deleted
    Yes people with names like Quicksnipex or Hunterlolx or something similar. In addition people who use addons which tells the whole fucking group that they have interrupted something, those players are usually extremely shit.

Deleted
    Anyone with DBZ hairdo's or [Portugues]. oh and gnome rogues....

10+ Year Old Account
    Male Pandaren Mages are the worst for me. They never know what they are doing, terrible dps, and are mouthy....outside of that I usually assume male blood elves / male Draenei / Male Goblin Hunters are bad and Female Pandaren are elitists. Female Worgen are usually pro.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2013-04-06 at 05:04 PM.

Of course.

Blackrock, Tichondrius, or Derpspear: I immediately think you're an obnoxious cunt and have nothing of value to say to me or the group.
    Male Humans with any of the spiked hairstyles: I think you're an idiot.
    Anyone with a skimpy transmog: I look down on you from my moral high horse.
    People with names I find stupid or have a dozen alternate characters: I will pay more on the AH just to avoid supporting you or not heal you.

The only people I discriminate against is people who have apostrophes over the letters in their names. Those assholes are so much harder to whisper, find on the armory and such. Other then that the only people who really bother me are people who behave badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    people discriminate in wow all the time just became of the race they choose to play as, and the game itself promotes this ideology to follow.

Depends on what you consider superficial. I've had horrible luck with pretty much everyone I've seen from US-Mal'Ganis, so I tend to be wary of anyone with that server tag.... and stupid/idiotic names always make me very leery of the player. Even if they're skilled, they're still probably an idiot (based on prior experience).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Female dreanei death knights. Avoid at all cost!
    Hey now!
    VVV
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Oh, and anyone who uses an addon to announce things in raid/party chat other than personal ability usage (except during guild runs where that is requested/planned), or to do guild recruitment is automatically ignored, and if I'm tanking/healing I will not save them. Example: There's an addon that can announce when a hunter's pet uses growl, and which hunter it is. The addon has the ability to make the report only on the screen of the person using the addon, but some people will set it to announce in party/raid/instance chat.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when people use their addons to do their talking. It says that you don't think the person is worth talking to, so you'll let the program do it for you, and if you're going to start off the conversation by insulting me I'm not going to care a whole lot about your reactions to anything that follows.

If I have to type a special character in your name, you're likely to be ignored.

Beyond that, I don't have any preferences on what race / class others play, or what their gear looks like, or what mount they're using. 99 times out of 100, I'm not even noticing it.

I save my discrimination for what folks type in chat.

I automatically assume that anyone from a Spanish realm will need their hand held in dungeons/LFR.

Deleted
    Nope, generalizations are bad and you should all feel bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately yes.

Anyone from Warsong is instantly put in the horrible pile until they prove otherwise. Huehuehuehuehue.
    Anyone from Bleeding Hollow. I don't know what it is about this server, but it seems to breed hate and filth. Any time I see someone from there they're acting like a jerkoff.

Male Orcs. God, why male orcs. Fem-Orcs have consistently been some of the best players I've ever run with. Male Orc players have almost universally been college dude-bro asshats, holier-than-thou hypocrites or completely unable to succeed in the most basic of tasks.

No, I stopped being a child a couple decades ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I see a group of Alliance, and they're all equally targetable, my kill order would be: Worgen > Human > Night Elf > Draenei > Dwarf, Gnome, Pandaren

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally keep RA and Fatality on all the time. It helps what I believe promote responsibility.

Otherwise I tend to not like servers. Illidan, and the latin realms. Illidan just has a lot of assholes playing there. I've run into maybe 1 or 2 nice people out of 500. Still quite a bit. Then again I do get hated on a lot because I am from Laughing Skull.

When in pvp I have one mantra; KILL WHITEY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    No, most of the time I don't even notice what class or race my group members are, and I couldn't care either way. The only reoccuring problem I have with players are Warlocks who use Rain of Fire on a single target, and that's more from the fact that I don't like slackers than the fact that they're Warlocks.

I also seem to notice that Tauren Female Tanks always tend to be very good and have a nice attitude, no idea why.
    Hate to bring the news to you mate, but they're actually playing their spec correctly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.

It's bad because I /play/ on those servers and know great players but if I see people from the "big" RP realms;
    I automatically assume it's going to be a "fun" run.

I've pretty much turned recount off outside raid time now so I don't have to think about it.