Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I was under the assumption that getting off a 100% crit immolate was the way to go.

From what I read when the PTR was out casting a CB with the perfect aim buff only added like 100k (not 100%) dmg to the buff and was very underwhelming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    how would you use lei shens as destro? chaos bolt on the procs?
    Tbh it's not that big of a buff. Not only is it hard to get off if you're on a GCD as the proc comes up, but it is also pretty bad compared to what trinkets you could be using / getting up a 100% critting immolate.

Lei Shen's is definately an affliction trinket imo. As destro (played to its advantage, on the encounters where it would shine) you have all the embers you need and the proc is far too random to be useful for chaos bolting, so it's a loss/loss scenario, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    From what I read when the PTR was out casting a CB with the perfect aim buff only added like 100k (not 100%) dmg to the buff and was very underwhelming.
    Correct. There's a bug of some sort (or maybe by design) where over 100% crit no longer is a 1:1 ratio for increasing chaos bolt damage.

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 09:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I was under the assumption that getting off a 100% crit immolate was the way to go.
    My personal research has shown that a full-pandemic'd duration Immolate with 100% crit is just slightly better than trying to get a chaos bolt off. (As in, just above the DPS error of sims, but within like 100-200 DPS)

I just do an immolate because it's way easier to get off than a chaos bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Indeed. A 100% dmg buff on a spell that can already crit for 800k under normal circumstances? Lol OK.
    i find it better to use on immolate, as it makes every tick of the immolate ( it works with F&B Immo to btw ) give us an emberbit... which IMO outweighs the extra dmg of a chaos bolt by giving us at least an extra chaosbolt in and of itself. Also math has proven that it in fact does NOT increase its dmg by 100% because after the 100% crit mark is reached (you're typically at around 20-25% raid buffed already ), the bonus dmg is in fact reduced GREATLY.

brusalk beat me to it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Indeed. A 100% dmg buff on a spell that can already crit for 800k under normal circumstances? Lol OK.
    well it isnt technically a 100% dmg buff tho, its more likely going to an 60-70% dmg buff based on your crit, keep in mind that your crit also increases chaos bolt's dmg, so with 30% it is already doing 130% dmg, so you need to subtract the extra 30% dmg from your crit and you'll have what your trinket adds to dmg. personally, i dont want the lei shen trinket, atleast not for destro, it has a too short duration to properly utilize it, as you can only really get 1 chaos bolt off when it procs, id much rather have cha-ye or breath tbh.

edit: i didnt know about the great reduction in the dmg after 100% crit, but it makes sense i guess, so it wont scale too much and tbh immolate is better since you can most likely get atleast 2 off in the time period.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-04-07 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Correct. There's a bug of some sort (or maybe by design) where over 100% crit no longer is a 1:1 ratio for increasing chaos bolt damage
    If that's the case I'd say bug >.> that's garbage.

Deleted
    [22:06:55.398] Zûmzum casts Chaos Bolt on Lu’lin
    [22:06:57.186] Zûmzum gains Perfect Aim from Zûmzum
    [22:06:57.638] Zûmzum Chaos Bolt Lu’lin *522566*
    [22:06:58.261] Zûmzum casts Chaos Bolt on Lu’lin
    [22:07:00.633] Zûmzum Chaos Bolt Lu’lin *725821*
    [22:07:01.212] Zûmzum's Perfect Aim fades from Zûmzum
    Kinda underwhelming (Dark Soul up).