Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    After Microsoft and every other game developer saw how successful Diablo3's DRM always on worked, they no doubt want to apply it to the new Xbox.

They will still make more money even if those who still use dialup/unreliable adsl are left out, as so many have the option of FTTC/FTTP/Cable which is extremely reliable.

Think how many millions they loose due to people being able to download every new xbox game and play it np.
    You are assuming that the players who pirate will then go buy the game if they can't pirate it. Bad assumption.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    Can't imagine this happens 24/7, and you're playing 24/7. And if you are playing 24/7, well... That's unhealthy.
    Nope, but if I lose connection on a Saturday, I can't play all Saturday because my ISP has issues. That's bullshit, because I can't even play my single player offline games. Also, Microsoft has an issue? I still can't play. That's an issue.

If you're internet connection goes out very ofter, change your provider, get a better connection.
    Not really an option. I only have Comcast in my area, so I can't "change providers". My friend has Comcast and Astound in his area, and he uses Astound as he's found them better than Comcast. He still will lose internet intermittently and will have his connection drop. Neither of us live in bumbfuck nowheresville, we both live in relatively nice area's that should have reliable internet.

Server problems happen with mmo games, no one is really bothered by it.
    Really? Check the WoW forums the next time there are server issues. Every time there are server issues, people complain and rightfully so. The game they want to play is unavailable at no fault of their own. Also, remember D3 and SimCity launch and their server problems? There sure weren't any complaints then. Nope. Not a single one. /sarcasm

Well times change, more and more stuff depends on the internet nowadays, and games are not an exception. There's not reason to go against it, it will convert fully in time. Might as well get used to it now.
    Give me a compelling reason why it's necessary to have always on DRM. Give me a good benefit for consumers. I don't mind a feature like this if it serves a necessary purpose (MMO's for example) or if there's a big benefit (Steams diet DRM, as Steam provides a spectacular service). However simply putting one on to take more control out of the hands of consumers to try to fight piracy, while at the same time punishing honest consumers? There is no precedent for that in any other industry. None.

"Times are changing" isn't a good reason for an anti-consumer change.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    Unfortunately, that can also come at a price.
    Bullshit. My phone still works when I have no service. Phones are one of the most rapidly changing (at least model wise) consumer tech devices around. If I have no service, I can still access all the data on my phone, I can still play any game or use any app that doesn't require an internet connection. I can't make calls or use the interwebs, sure, but I have access to the remaining 80% of the phones functionality.

How about the Nextbox? It's infinitely more restrictive than my phone is. If I don't have a connection, I don't have shit. I don't have access to the data on it, I don't have access to offline games or apps. My phone, a device which has traditionally been for communication only and is "always on", has more functionality than a console which is designed to play games with others and by yourself.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-04-07 at 07:48 PM.

Deleted
    Don't blame microsoft, blame hackers and pirated gamers.
    what are you talking about..

Deleted
    DRM never stops pirates, at most it delays them. And heavy-handed DRM actually ENCOURAGES and INCREASES piracy rates. See Simcity, we have no figures but logically speaking people would rather pirate the cracked version of the game than put up with the half-broken servers and disabled features because of said servers for the price of a full game.

Don't blame microsoft, blame hackers and pirated gamers.
    You know whats funny is that they are alienating customers and creating more pirates by doing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    Exactly this, so many greasy nerds complaining when their shit wont work 0.01% of the time, my power/internet hasn't gone out in the last 18 months at all.
    It's less about the chance of the internet going down than it is about the data caps, at least up here. Not sure if "most people" have unlimited internet, but in Alaska all of the ISPs have caps we have to deal with, generally in the 60-100gigs range. I barely keep from going over a lot of the time as is, last thing I need is some cloud gaming service that doesn't even have a disk drive...

Here's to hoping they don't go that route, and simply have it as an optional service.

Never understood and never will understand why people bitch about being always online. So yeah, I'll buy it.
    Look at D3, people were not able to play for 2 days. Simcity about 1 and a half days until it settled down. These issues may well be magnified on a console and they would follow the same basic principle. For all we know servers could take a hit and have a down time every time a new fifa or cod comes out. Why take the risk when there are no real benefits to this?

I wasn't planning on anyway.
    I got the 360 since it was cheaper than PS3, I though. After 2 years of paying for Live I started to wonder how I had done the math 2 years ago.
    And I'm currently on my third 360, and it barely works, is louder than a small garage band, not to mention; no game that catches my interest.

After the horrible experience that was the 360 I doubt I can ever bring myself to buy another Xbox.

Especally not if it requires constant online, playing on consoles is what I do when the net is f*cked.
    One time my house was struck by lighting, and the net went down, and it took 2 weeks to get it fixed. On another occasion my internet provider went down for several days while upgrading their something.
    Untill high speed Internet access become consitutional I won't buy any console that requires me to be constantly online. Unless the PS5 requires it before the laws is ready. By that time I believe Internet problems will be a thing of the past anyway.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    You're saying you don't have a constant internet connection already ?
    I don't once in a while we don't have enough money to pay and they stop it until we pay. Usually I like to play games during that period, so it would suck to have an xbox 720.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on a lot of other things. My internet is always on soo i don't think it would be that much of a factor into my decision making process.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Isnt this technically making the xbox itself DRM? Always online. You can see how well that worked out with Sim City and Diablo 3.

And on a side note, its dumb. Whether or not I have an internet connection. Single player games shouldnt require internet.

Does this also mean I have to essentially pay a subscription fee to for xbox live? If yes, then thats kinda messed up. Microsoft deserves to get the burner this round.

No one is gonna make good, new, innovative games if they can't make money from it. That's why the are trying to protect the industry.

Deleted
    Sure I'll buy it, this filters out all the people that can not afford proper internet connection; my gaming experience online won't be ruined anymore because I have to play against / with some random person with terrible internet connection

I wasn't planning on buying any next gen consoles, but I may get a PS4 just to piss off Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    I visualized playing it in my head and it was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    I mean you have all the trademarks of one childish, ignorant, irresponsible, retarded.

Yes, because my xbox is already always connected to the internet. Nothing changes but the system and the graphics. Sorry you guys have such terrible internet, you should work on fixing that.

If I don't manage to get a solid gaming computer by the end of the year then I might.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbletiki View Post
    Yes, because my xbox is already always connected to the internet. Nothing changes but the system and the graphics. Sorry you guys have such terrible internet, you should work on fixing that.
    And if they're in an area where they have a single, shitty provider? Move to a different town for the next gen console? *Boggle*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbaby View Post
    Sure I'll buy it, this filters out all the people that can not afford proper internet connection; my gaming experience online won't be ruined anymore because I have to play against / with some random person with terrible internet connection
    yes you and that other guy.. 2 ppl online. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    And if they're in an area where they have a single, shitty provider? Move to a different town for the next gen console? *Boggle*
    cause having multiple providers guarentees having internet all the time. *boggle*

Won't be buying the next xbox if it requires constant internet

It's not the constant internet connection that bothers me, it's the servers the xbox has to connect to. Remember when sony had to take the PSN offline for over a month? Same thing happens to MS and it's a dead console for a certain period...

In my opinion I like the ps3 exclusives more. Even without the always online from the new xbox, I highly doubt I would grab the it.