Poll: Should the US put an Embargo on China?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should the US enact a trade embargo on China till they drop their dealings with NK?

Like the title says, should the US enact a trade embargo on China till they drop their dealings with NK?

10+ Year Old Account
    hah... like we could lasst a week without cheap Chinese manufacturing. No more iPhones, no more computers, no more video games, no more Wallmart, etc.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

We should already be taxing the hell out of products made in China to make it unprofitable for American companies to ship jobs overseas. North Korea has very little to do with it until North Korea actually does something.

Just what we need, to join North Korea in their political maneuvering and further push the world towards the brink of war.

have fun buying expensive american crap then.

Wonder how y'all will sound if your ipod costs 500 bucks. Or your computer 2k instead of 500$.

China has already taken a stance against NK recently, go with the times.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    We should already be taxing the hell out of products made in China to make it unprofitable for American companies to ship jobs overseas. North Korea has very little to do with it until North Korea actually does something.
    The gap is actually closing every day between the costs of production of China vs. the United States. Employees in China are slowly gaining rights, and producing overseas isn't as profitable as it once was. It doesn't help our economy now, but I'd say in 15-20 years, companies will either come back to the US or find a new country of people to exploit -.- I do agree with your statement in general though. It should be done, but not as a response to NK aggression, but to national economics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    The gap is actually closing every day between the costs of production of China vs. the United States.
    Doesn't mater. China imposes tarifs on goods from the US, so if a company wants to sell to the expanding Chinese market, they will continue to make their products there.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The trade embargo would probably hurt us worse than it'd hurt China so i vote NO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Doesn't mater. China imposes tarifs on goods from the US, so if a company wants to sell to the expanding Chinese market, they will continue to make their products there.
    Until their economic bubble inevitably explodes in their face.

China also got some of the worlds largest consumer markets(worlds largest markets for heavy trucks and construction vehicles for example), they are not just producing shit, they are also buyers, so you would lose a lot of potential clients.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-04-10 at 05:13 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Doing that would destroy our own economy so no.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

No, it would be foolish for anyone to consider this.

Deleted
    maybe if you want to fuck up your economy while you're at it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    have fun buying expensive american crap then.

Wonder how y'all will sound if your ipod costs 500 bucks. Or your computer 2k instead of 500$.

lol, reminded me of the family guy episode where Brian starts only buying american made stuff

Of course not. Putting an embargo on China isn't going to stop NK, it will only infuriate China.

good luck crippling your own economy with this

10+ Year Old Account
    I say yes, because I do not need any of that garbage they make. But not even just for NK, because of the massive trade deficit. Make them buy more of our shit before we buy any more of theirs.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't doing this to Japan cause them to bomb Pearl Harbour...... sound like a great idea
    Sig by Safhira

wat

that's the opposite of what you'd want to do; you need the chinese to be amicable, because they're the NK's only allies, and thus the only ones they'd be likely to take serious if they told them to give the noise a rest.

the last thing the chinese want is a war between the north and south. they'd have to deal with millions of refugees following the complete obliteration of NK's regime, and tons of american military presence on the peninsula; the opposite of what they want
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I don't think North Korea is a big enough threat to warrant ruining our relationship with China and more importantly our economy over.