Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I kinda feel this is pretty much semantics at this point. Arthas was "empowered" by Nerzhul, Deathwing's rage was "amplified" by the Old God's and Illidan is another candidate for demonic "empowerment". I don't want any foreign elements near the fight, let Garrosh be his own man till the end. That's my hope, my opinion.
    That would be the shorter raid-boss ever. He is a simple Orc Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Y'Shaarj is nowhere near as dead as the Titans thought. Now, go ahead, link the interview where Blizzard said Y'Shaarj is very,very dead.
    Okay.

But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Developer-Q-A

End of theory.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That would be the shorter raid-boss ever. He is a simple Orc Warrior.
    Shrug. What were Hagara and Blackhorn?

Even Deathbringer Saurfang was just a DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Shrug. What were Hagara and Blackhorn?

Even Deathbringer Saurfang was just a DK.
    Remember that both Hagara and Blackhorn are part of an add fight?

And Saurfang was chosen by Arthas to be a Champion.

Garrosh is a simply Orc Warrior, with no power whatsoever. No elemental power, no Twilight Dragon helping, nor no necromantic power.

10+ Year Old Account

Garrosh is a simply Orc Warrior, with no power whatsoever. No elemental power, no Twilight Dragon helping, nor no necromantic power.
    going OT a moment, but am I the only one who thought 90% of the raid bosses in all cataclysm raids were just completely forgettable, well bosses in wrath in places like ulduar, icc and eye of eternity were far more memorable?
    Dunno, I fell you could write a book on the bosses in icc, well the bosses in dragonsoul (besides deathwing) I didn't even find at all interesting.

on topic, I just hope they give us some bosses that have some kind of development, like Malkorok, Zaela and more, instead of 'generic protodrake here' 'generic kraken boss here' 'random character you never heard off before now popping up here' (though to be fair that happens a lot with raid bosses).
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-04-12 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead.
    "Well, he's not as dead as we would have hoped."

10+ Year Old Account
    What I think he would look like fused with y'shaarj

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    going OT a moment, but am I the only one who thought 90% of the raid bosses in all cataclysm raids were just completely forgettable, well bosses in wrath in places like ulduar, icc and eye of eternity were far more memorable?
    Dunno, I fell you could write a book on the bosses in icc, well the bosses in dragonsoul (besides deathwing) I didn't even find at all interesting.
    Because they were literally nobodies. Members of the Twilight's Hammer, with no background whatsoever.

I hope they don't make him the god of war. That just doesn't sound right to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda feel this is pretty much semantics at this point. Arthas was "empowered" by Nerzhul, Deathwing's rage was "amplified" by the Old God's and Illidan is another candidate for demonic "empowerment". I don't want any foreign elements near the fight, let Garrosh be his own man till the end. That's my hope, my opinion.
    It's not semantics. If anything you are comparing Apples to Oranges.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethlos View Post
    What I think he would look like fused with y'shaarj
    what game is that from?

I agree but to don't want to see a Sha/Garrosh boss. To me anything less than fighting Garrosh as Garrosh is a cop out. Every single end boss in WoW has been "corrupted", it's boring.
    Ragnaros wasn't. Kel'Thuzad wasn't (well, I guess he corrupted himself). Nefarian and Onyxia were indirectly I suppose, but they were born "corrupted" so that doesn't really count. The Silithid... they weren't corrupted by the Old Gods they were their willing servants. Ditto the Klaxxi. The Gurubashi willingly served Hakkar. The Amani and Zul'jin were just pissed off. The endboss of Kara was a random demon. Gruul and Magtheridon weren't corrupted. Lady Vashj... well it's hard to tell with the Naga. Endboss of Sunwell was freaking Kil'Jaeden. Malygos wasn't corrupted, just mad. Endboss of OS was a black dragon. Ulduar was corrupted but the endbosses were an Old God and a misguided Titan herald (not corrupted). Cho'gall was corrupted by Cthun I suppose, but he was already evil. Al'Akir wasn't corrupted.

Deleted
    what game is that from?
    Darksiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Darksiders
    Darksiders 2, to be exact.

There were no adds on Hagara unless you count her totems lol.

To be honest the thing that really doesn't make sense about raid bosses is not that they can fight us but that we can fight them. Algalon threw supernovas at us! We beat him with sharp bits of metal and wooden shields! His body was made out of freaking STARS!

I'd agree with you about half of the DS bosses. The rest of Cata's bosses were fine. T11 had a lot of memorable bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they were literally nobodies. Members of the Twilight's Hammer, with no background whatsoever.
    well you could argue that the bosses in icc didn't have anymore development themselves.. it just felt like they were more interesting, you know, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, professor purtricide, marrowgar... actually no, many of the bosses did have some prior appearances, like Sindragosa, the blood princes, deathbringer saurfang, even the airship battle had Varok and Muradin in it... where as dragonsoul had a bunch of generic pulled out of someones ass bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

He wants to be "possessed" and gain this power so that his, and I say it again, "Perfect Horde" can be established.[COLOR="red"]
    Garrosh = WoW Hitler? Seems to be the direction he's going...
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I'd agree with you about half of the DS bosses. The rest of Cata's bosses were fine. T11 had a lot of memorable bosses.
    Actually yeah thats true, firelands was fun, it actually felt like more thought was put into the firelands raid then anything in dragonsoul.

I just hope given how it looks like there won't be any focus put into other things in 5.4 like added dungeons, that they will put focus into making SoO as good as icc or ulduar.

on topic, I just hope they give us some bosses that have some kind of development, like Malkorok, Zaela and more, instead of 'generic protodrake here' 'generic kraken boss here' 'random character you never heard off before now popping up here' (though to be fair that happens a lot with raid bosses).
    There will always be plenty of bosses with no development. We can hope for a bunch with at least some development, but we'll also have that bunch that we've never heard of till the raid itself. Fair though, seems tough to make some neat lore about every single boss, imagine lore for all of ToT's bosses just to stick with the current tier. Some just gotta be random and some of those might be awesome and memorable, seen that happen plenty of times.

oh my god seriously another villain corrupted by the old gods? seriously? ugh remember when these guys WERENT the focus of every expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    oh my god seriously another villain corrupted by the old gods? seriously? ugh remember when these guys WERENT the focus of every expansion

He's not corrupted by the Old Gods.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi