Thread: Reforge addon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Ridiculous. Reforgelite does what it does based on the inputs you give it. It shifts priority stats around like that to get as close to cap stats as possible. If your options are getting +20 more of your #1 secondary stat out of crit/haste/mastery and going over say hit cap by 50 points, or hitting the hit cap on the dot and gaining +70 of your second best secondary stat, it's very likely the latter is preferable - but it still will choose between these two scenarios based on the stat weights that you give it. If you give it a crit stat weight of 500 and a mastery/haste stat weight of 1, and hit/exp of 2, it will never sacrifice any crit, but that isn't a realistic scenario because nobodies stat weights are that out of whack. Almost everyone has all 3 "non-accuracy" stats with non-insignificant weights relative to one another.

There is a lot of time consuming math (not necessarily complex, but time consuming) behind what it would take to optimally do your reforge "by hand" so to speak. Could it be done? Sure. To do it optimally would take a lot of time and if it isn't, there's a very good chance you aren't doing it optimally. And the whole argument is pointless when there are addons and web apps that will, usually in just seconds. And even if the addon is 95% optimal, it's still likely far better than you will reach doing it by hand.

Not to mention reforging is really just 100% math and contributes really no enjoyment to the game (unless you're crazy). Get new gear, go to reforger, click button, 10 seconds later go back to things that matter.
    When i prioritize my Expertise to 15% and Hit to 7.5% then put mastery as my third stat, it (Reforge Lite) reforges almost all the mastery off my gear as a prot warrior to get those stats. I can reforge manually without losing a drop of mastery on my gear by reforging dodge off. For some dumb reason even when i put dodge/Haste as my lowest priority it likes to take my mastery off. I cant stand that it takes expertise off gear, then puts it back on elsewhere in large amounts. There is no need for that. The add ons suck (IMO). People should learn your gear and stats and stop relying on addons for everything. Makes the game a lot more fun.
    Last edited by Hotsforyou; 2013-04-16 at 05:31 PM.

Then you simply just aren't setting it up correctly. Reforging is nothing but one big math problem.

Just based on the way you are reforging - Wowreforge for example can optimize it (and works the same way as ReforgeLite).

Your priority seems to be, judging from your armory: Hit to 7.5% = Exp to 15% > Mastery =?= Parry > Dodge. Except you don't actually reforge parry into mastery, but if given the choice with excess dodge that doesn't need to go to hit or exp, you put it to mastery. So you're prioritizing mastery but you're not prioritizing it at the same time. Most everything I've seen for prot warriors has people placing mastery > parry, but we'll leave that be.

http://www.wowreforge.com/US/Area%2052/Glorion

With weights:
    Dodge: 0.9
    Parry: (unchecked under "stats to modify")
    Mastery: 1
    Hit: 1.1
    Expertise: 1.1

Results in 2550 hit (at cap) and 5100 expertise (at cap), with the same loss of -1872 dodge that you have now, but with 26 more overall mastery. And since you are currently 11 points undercap on hit and 37 points overcap on expertise, and that's where that extra mastery is coming from. Optimization, and the calculation took 5 seconds. Whereas then you'd hit summary and copy paste it into reforgerade and have it do everything for you.

But hey, if it's somehow fun for you and you don't care about perfecting your stats, more power to you.

edit: Fudged the 15% expertise cap number
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-04-18 at 04:18 PM.

ReforeLite is 25% of the puzzle. The other 75% is SimCraft and time, split equally to be positive you're getting the right weights.

If all else fails, use Reforge Plots in SimCraft...

AFAIK, it only supports two stats caps. Wowreforge (website) will support 3. Wowreforge + reforgerade are roughly the same thing as ReforgeLite, with a little more time investment.

Love ReforgeLite, recommend it highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Did you bother to read my post? I think it greatly matters that it's out of date, doesn't it?
    I didn't see anyone give a clear answer to this: In most cases, no, it doesn't matter at all. The only thing that determines if the addon is "up to date" is just some number in one of the addon files where the author puts what patch version it was written for.

If a new patch comes out and there were no changes that affect the addon (which is the case most of the time) then simply enabling it using the "load out of date addons" checkbox will do.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer