Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    This last Tuesday I even got into a team that worked together like old times, was wonderful.
    By "old times," do you mean with friends or a guild, or during a specific expansion?

This thread is really asking two questions, here. Is it that LFR is easy, or because it's usually full of strangers disinclined to spend time working as a team? I highly doubt a third difficulty level would be as controversial if it weren't limited to a queue-only 25-man size, even if that meant it were a little more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i like LFR, i just kinda wish there was a second difficulty level with a higher ilvl requirement
    it's called normal mode

Deleted
    I do LFR every week either with my full guild run or, if I miss that one for any reason, on my own. More chance for legendaries

10+ Year Old Account
    People, that's why.

Over priveleged, whining, trolling slacker mouth breathers.

Not everyone all the time in LFR, but the vast majority.

A good, friendly, polite run is the exception for me.

LFR easily beats playing with terrible guild. And by terrible I don't mean in terms of skill or progression.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    it's called normal mode
    Not even close to the same thing. Well, unless Blizzard releases a raid finder tool for normal mode. I'd kind of like to see how that would work out and the impact it would have on guilds. As currently one of the major appeals of LFR is that it can be done just whenever, no set schedule required.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd kind of like to see how that would work out and the impact it would have on guilds.
    See Garalon LFR pre nerf. THATS how it would work out. a.k.a.: Stupid people trolling raids for the lulz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hate the atmosphere of LFR. People just chain pull and afk to avoid being kicked, everyone has an elitist attitude while doing 25k dps, people need on anything they can because there are no repercussions. It is just a cesspool of assholes.
    I'm going to say this gently... you're an idiot. You CAN'T Need on loot in T14 or T15 LFR. I'm betting you've never even run LFR this xpac.

What I hate are when most of the complainers here and people like them show up in LFR. It's fine most of the time. The children who call people names if they do something wrong, though, can DIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I'm going to say this gently... you're an idiot. You CAN'T Need on loot in T14 or T15 LFR. I'm betting you've never even run LFR this xpac.

What I hate are when most of the complainers here and people like them show up in LFR. It's fine most of the time. The children who call people names if they do something wrong, though, can DIAF.
    Or maybe he just tried LFR in T13 and was emotionally scarred for life, to the point of not doing it anymore?

LFR can do that to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to say this gently... you're an idiot.
    uuh that's some real diplomatic finesse right there boys and gals.

Seriously though: LFR - Atmosphere sucks.
    90% of the time everything just gets silently pulled and downed.
    10% people bitch and moan random insults in the chat.

75% of the people in there do ridicuolusly low DPS or are semi AFK.
    A few raiders pull everyone through.

I think running the instance with 24 Bots would be the exact same experience only w/o any insults at all.
    Wait ... did I just say that the experience would be better if randoms were to be replaced with bots? ... :X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Honestly LFR is what keeps me playing WoW. I don't really have the desire to raid with a guild anymore, I did my time there in previous expansions, and if it wasn't for LFR I wouldn't play. Someone that I barely know invited me to join his raiding guild a week or so ago after I ran an LFR with them because it was apparent that I knew my class (according to him.) - I had to turn him down because honestly with LFR I can't really see any reason for me to do normal/heroic raids anymore. Bigger numbers? Eh. LFR is it's own path of progression, don't need bigger numbers if all I'm going to be doing is LFR.

In truth the only reason I was ever a hardcore raider in previous expansions was because that was the only goal at level cap. Now there are alternatives and "real raiding" just feels unnecessary and undesirable.
    Normals are fun if you're raiding with friends or guildies you've known in game for a while. LFR can't bring that social aspect since it's random. However, if you never cared about the others in your raid and just zoned in, did your thing and logged, then yeah, LFR is a much better way to raid for you. It's WAY easier and so not a solution for someone who wants to work at a challenge in a consistent group, but it's a way to a) see the content and b) get some loot over time to progress your charachter.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 08:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Dammit, I need that Sarcasm font...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Or maybe he just tried LFR in T13 and was emotionally scarred for life, to the point of not doing it anymore?

LFR can do that to someone.
    Then he shouldn't be commenting on the state of LFR now, should he?

LFR is working as intended, the players making it a negative experience are not working as intended.

Players going AFK? (not to answer a door, but sitting idle collecting loot while browsing facebook/pron/netflicks)
    Players causing the group to wipe for shits and giggles?
    Qeueing up as a healer when you are a dps to jump the qeue?
    Players not caring if they know the strats (especially tanks) when icy-veins has 4 min videos on each boss?
    Players throwing themselves on their swords to be afk while trying to look like they have an escuse for not being active.
    Players calling out for other players to get kicked for no reason other than they want a better chance at loot? (Cata LFR)
    Players pulling mobs because they dont think the tanks are GoGOGOGOGOGO'ng fast enough.
    All reasons why players are not working as intended.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it wouldnt be a problem if I could just stop doing it, but then the rest of the guild would outgear me for progress raids and that aint gon work. The problem with it is that u have to do it to get geared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Seriously though: LFR - Atmosphere sucks.
    90% of the time everything just gets silently pulled and downed.
    10% people bitch and moan random insults in the chat.

75% of the people in there do ridicuolusly low DPS or are semi AFK.
    A few raiders pull everyone through.

I think running the instance with 24 Bots would be the exact same experience only w/o any insults at all.
    Wait ... did I just say that the experience would be better if randoms were to be replaced with bots? ... :X
    I don't know about you but I have the opposite experience.

Sometimes we get the odd person who might moan, but usually I will engage in some chit chat. I often whisper the other tank as I would like to know what they want to do (tanking off tanking etc). LFR is only what you make of it. If you don't bother talking why should you expect others to do so?

I've even made friends via LFR.

Oh and to this very day i've not bothered looking up the tactics for each boss. I just jumped in and learned as I went. Only caused a couple of wipes on will of the emporer when it was current the first time i've done it. Touch wood no other wipes caused. Only done first part of the 5.2 raid as i've not had time to do any raiding till this week really. So lets put it to the test!
    Last edited by khalltusk; 2013-04-17 at 03:18 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Normals are fun if you're raiding with friends or guildies you've known in game for a while. LFR can't bring that social aspect since it's random. However, if you never cared about the others in your raid and just zoned in, did your thing and logged, then yeah, LFR is a much better way to raid for you. It's WAY easier and so not a solution for someone who wants to work at a challenge in a consistent group, but it's a way to a) see the content and b) get some loot over time to progress your charachter.[COLOR="red"]
    Being completely honest when I was in hardcore raid guilds I didn't care about my guildies at all. I did however care about my friends outside of the guild. When I was in more casual guilds where people just wanted to see content and have fun I cared about the guildies more. However that's not why I enjoy LFR more than normal mode raiding. I took quite a lot of time away from WoW between late WLK and now, and most of the people I played with have moved on to other servers, guilds, games, etc and in truth I don't have the time nor desire to join a new group of people and make an entire new set of in-game friends and cement my place within that group to experience the content on normal, plus the freedom of not having set raid nights is amazing.

True enough I may be online from 8-12 server time on Sundays and Mondays, but that doesn't mean that I want to spend that time raiding every week. Plenty of other stuff I'd rather be doing. Which was always a real drag when I was in a hardcore raiding guild and even a casual raiding guild, if I was on I was expected to be raiding, and that dramatically reduced the enjoyment of the game. Or even if I wasn't on WoW, but I was at home, it was expected that I'd be on WoW and raiding.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    Well, it wouldnt be a problem if I could just stop doing it, but then the rest of the guild would outgear me for progress raids and that aint gon work. The problem with it is that u have to do it to get geared.
    I really don't think that you do. Unless you're an entire tier behind, the gear you have should be better than the LFR gear. If you have a major hole or two in one of your gear slots where you're still using a blue or a 476 or something, then maybe, but your alternative to that is valor gear unless it's a weapon. If it's a weapon then I understand feeling forced into it, sort of, but other than that not really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    LFR is working as intended, the players making it a negative experience are not working as intended.

Players going AFK? (not to answer a door, but sitting idle collecting loot while browsing facebook/pron/netflicks)
    Votekick them
    Players causing the group to wipe for shits and giggles?
    Votekick them

Qeueing up as a healer when you are a dps to jump the qeue?
    Votekick them
    I've run into all of those and while the group wipers waste time, we've kicked them all and moved on. You have tools to deal with those people, use them.
    Players not caring if they know the strats (especially tanks) when icy-veins has 4 min videos on each boss?
    Aside from tanks, most people don't really need to know too much about strats in LFR. This is good and bad, but not a huge deal.
    Players throwing themselves on their swords to be afk while trying to look like they have an escuse for not being active.
    I cant say I've run into this much and when I have it's been 1 or 2 people who consistently die early. No respect for them, but it's not materially affecting me, so... eh.

Players calling out for other players to get kicked for no reason other than they want a better chance at loot? (Cata LFR)
    Seriously, who cares what used to happen?

Players pulling mobs because they dont think the tanks are GoGOGOGOGOGO'ng fast enough.
    Votekick them

There. Again, use the tools to kick abusive players (wiping the group, etc) and AFKers. The rest doesn't really matter that much. I'm far more annoyed by the people who berate others for DPS, because they died to Durumu's maze (I used to, don't now), etc. Especially on the new wings when no one's seen them. Sure, you can say "watch a video and read up on strats", but face it, that's a normal/heroic raider thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, I need that Sarcasm font...
    Could you please PM the link if you'll ever find one?

LFR is only what you make of it. If you don't bother talking why should you expect others to do so?
    I don't tank LFR due to the incompetence of 99% o f the tanks in there. It's (literally) infuriating for me to constantly die, because the other is either too stupid or just plain out refuses to taunt for the mandatory tank-swaps.

As a DPS/Healer, there is no reason at all to talk to the other ones.
    Heal: Gather raid -> AoE heal. Nothing else is required.
    DPS: Well... we dps. heh.

Oh and to this very day i've not bothered looking up the tactics for each boss. I just jumped in and learned as I went. Only caused a couple of wipes on will of the emporer when it was current the first time i've done it.
    Only works within the first 2 weeks of a release. After that, the random mob desires tanking perfection and will vote you out ASAP if you can't deliver and *gasp* dare to cause wipes.

Its not always cut and dry to catch afkers, some of them can do 120k dmg and they romp out the dps for 10% of the fight and then let it fall to 70k while afk to trick recount. People pulling to wipe groups sometimes can't be kicked, especially if there is a button that can be clicked to start the fight.

Dont hate the game, hate the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Being completely honest when I was in hardcore raid guilds I didn't care about my guildies at all. I did however care about my friends outside of the guild. When I was in more casual guilds where people just wanted to see content and have fun I cared about the guildies more. However that's not why I enjoy LFR more than normal mode raiding. I took quite a lot of time away from WoW between late WLK and now, and most of the people I played with have moved on to other servers, guilds, games, etc and in truth I don't have the time nor desire to join a new group of people and make an entire new set of in-game friends and cement my place within that group to experience the content on normal, plus the freedom of not having set raid nights is amazing.

True enough I may be online from 8-12 server time on Sundays and Mondays, but that doesn't mean that I want to spend that time raiding every week. Plenty of other stuff I'd rather be doing. Which was always a real drag when I was in a hardcore raiding guild and even a casual raiding guild, if I was on I was expected to be raiding, and that dramatically reduced the enjoyment of the game. Or even if I wasn't on WoW, but I was at home, it was expected that I'd be on WoW and raiding.
    Totally understand. I'd not be raiding normals if it wasn't for the fact that I've played with some of the people in the guild for 4 years. LFR isnt the same as regular raids but the ability to see the raid content and get some feeling of progress via the loot (and the rep/VP) is a good thing in my book. The downside to LFR that I see is that on all but the high pop servers it seems like PUGs are dead. People who used to PUG because they could not or didn't want to commit to a regular raid schedule now do LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    1. Takes a long time to get in if you're DPS and it's not a Tuesday. ~1 hour
    2. Takes a long time to finish. Usually ~1hr min for three bosses and that's if you're lucky. New LFRs may wipe 5-6 times on bosses like Durumu and then fall apart.
    3. It's generally mindless and boring because the fights can pretty much be completed with 10 ppl doing their job, which means the fights themselves can take a while.
    4. Due to #3, no sense of achievement.
    5. Due to #4, and inconsistency of group, people expect some other reward, i.e. loot, but there is no sense of reward due to RNG loot

People say they do LFR because they dont have time for regular raids but honestly if you're doing 2-3 LFRs a week, which I estimate to take about 6 hours a week minimum, you can easily find a guild that raids two nights a week for 3 hours each.
    And this post says one thing you dont have kids. For the people out there that have a fulltime job and kids over having a set roster for raids is next to impossible.
    LFR rocks simply because I can fit it in when I want too, I am not hurting anyone by not being on and I have nothing to worry about if I leave it till Tuesday to do what I want.
    I would love to do normal raids if I werent a parent with a fulltime job.

People who say it doesnt show mechanics are just short sighted, I have done a few pugs with normal modes and found basically they are the same encounters with just 1 extra thing or something being a one shot on normal mode. That helped me a lot people just saying "This is just like LFR cept this one shots you if you stand in it now..."

Oh and as for the elitist crew that think LFR is bad because bads get gear get over yourself us bads are allowed to have gear too.

Thanks.