Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Verified how? Not being reported in the news or the scanner.
    The news has reported it, haven't heard anything in the scanner though. People gotta keep in mind that the news reporting it isn't a confirmation.

Local news channels have said one suspect has been shot and killed. They seem to be ahead of the major news folks on this one - WHDH's reporter literally lived a few blocks away and jumped out of bed when he heard explosions and got down to the scene.

Hey, at least they aren't talking about the children in the news this time, eh?

Just heard them inspecting motion alarms going off in a building.
    Heh - they did yesterday with the West Texas fertilizer plant explosion. Soon as they got that video of the little girl begging for her (presumably) dad to go now and that she couldn't hear. Whoooo man did the woman on MSNBC play that one up! >_<

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 08:01 AM ----------

Verified how? Not being reported in the news or the scanner.
    News networks apparently were told by the same police source that confirmed to them that these were the official bombers.

EDIT: Keep in mind these are police scanners. They're more interested in running ops and coordinating efforts right NOW as opposed to reporting on what has previously happened. :P

That's because Watertown is a haven of bohemians and Harvard/MIT students. No kids there.

Yeah the station im listening to is like 'we're trying to sort through the conflicting reports, but right now we're going to tell you about...THE WEATHER"

smh... -_-'
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcking09 View Post
    The news has reported it, haven't heard anything in the scanner though. People gotta keep in mind that the news reporting it isn't a confirmation.
    THIS.

If you're flipping channels you're going to get confused. Those of us listening to the scanner are following everything in real timne. There's been NO mention of a suspect being taken to the hospital (I got EMS on my scanner as well) or even a suspect being shot.

CNN just confirmed what most of us knew for our hours now: The police action in Watertown IS connected to the Boston Marathon Bombing.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Yeah the station im listening to is like 'we're trying to sort through the conflicting reports, but right now we're going to tell you about...THE WEATHER"

smh... -_-'
    Was that yesterday? Cus if so - YEAH! I saw that one too! I was like "The HELL!?"

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Was that yesterday? Cus if so - YEAH! I saw that one too! I was like "The HELL!?"
    Happened about five minutes ago lol. WHY DO WE KEEP SEEING THE SAME THINGS?!?!?!?
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    THIS.

If you're flipping channels you're going to get confused. Those of us listening to the scanner are following everything in real timne. There's been NO mention of a suspect being taken to the hospital (I got EMS on my scanner as well) or even a suspect being shot.

CNN just confirmed what most of us knew for our hours now: The police action in Watertown IS connected to the Boston Marathon Bombing.
    I'm not flipping through channels. Only got two going... 7news and, now, the police scanner. 7news said they got theirs from a police contact - same one that confirmed the 2 suspects being the same ones wanted in teh bombings.

The police scanner will NOT recap anything that has happened prior... it's about coordinating things NOW. So you won't hear any update on what has already happened through there...

Deleted
    http://livewire.wcvb.com/Event/117th...oston_Marathon

Reporter said they just got confirmation from the police that the apprehended suspect is indeed DEAD.

7news just reported SWAT moving in to a location where several motion detectors have gone off.

Deleted
    "From the Middlesex County DA's Office:
    Police are investigating a fatal shooting of MIT campus police officer by two men who then committed an armed carjacking in Cambridge, Middlesex Acting District Attorney Michael Pelgro, Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert Haas, and MIT Police Chief John DiFava announced this evening.

At approximately 10:20 p.m. April 18, police received reports of shots fired on the MIT campus. At 10:30 p.m., an MIT campus police officer was found shot in his vehicle in the area of Vassar and Main streets. According to authorities, the officer was found evidencing multiple gunshot wounds.

He was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital and pronounced deceased.
    Authorities launched an immediate investigation into the circumstances of the shooting. The investigation determined that two males were involved in this shooting.

A short time later, police received reports of an armed carjacking by two males in the area of Third Street in Cambridge. The victim was carjacked at gunpoint by two males and was kept in the car with the suspects for approximately a half hour. The victim was released at a gas station on Memorial Drive in Cambridge. He was not injured.

Police immediately began a search for the vehicle and were in pursuit of the vehicle into Watertown.

At that time, explosive devices were reportedly thrown from car by the suspects. The suspects and police also exchanged gunfire in the area of Dexter and Laurel streets. During this pursuit, an MBTA Police officer was seriously injured and transported to the hospital.
    During the pursuit, one suspect was critically injured and transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased. An extensive manhunt is ongoing in the Watertown area for the second suspect, who is believed to be armed and dangerous.
    "

O.M.F.G. "We have confirmed one suspect is dead, but now BACK TO THE WEATHER" $*#@ YOU ABC NEWS!!! $#&@ YOU!!!!
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

The police scanner will NOT recap anything that has happened prior... it's about coordinating things NOW. So you won't hear any update on what has already happened through there...
    I'm aware. This isn't my first time using the scanner =D

Mine lets me RECORD audio, though. Wish I thought to do that 4 hours ago xD

They got the son of a bitch cornered right now. Talk about hardcore O.o;

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

O.M.F.G. "We have confirmed one suspect is dead, but now BACK TO THE WEATHER" $*#@ YOU ABC NEWS!!! $#&@ YOU!!!!
    ...there's the one guy who's up at this hour going "Damnit! I don't want to hear bout this stupid bomber guy... what about my commute tomorrow! What's the weather going to be! Is it going to Rain? I mean... what if it... AHhhhh... there we go!"

EDIT: It's kinda boring, but here's the live Police scanner of the situation
    http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254/web

(((they JUST said "do not use your radios"... so they might be going in right now)))

"Do not use your radios" What they are telling them when they get to Dexter or w/e,.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 08:14 AM ----------

EOD found. oh boy..
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL yeah we tend to get a little grumpy when we lose our beauty sleep =D

...Alright let's recap info/facts since clearly I've been causing a bit of confusion.

So one suspect is dead, one is in custody and one is about to feel the wrath of God. Am I good so far?

https://twitter.com/Boston_Police/st...898752/photo/1 - suspect #2, if im not mistaken, at the gas station. (stolen vehicle situation)

http://www.twitch.tv/troxellophilus/new - to listen to live police radio without heavy traffic on other sites.

news conference now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    So one suspect is dead, one is in custody and one is about to feel the wrath of God. Am I good so far?
    What, there are 3 suspects now? I thought they were the 2 from the bombing? *confused*

Edit: ah ok nvm... two suspects
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2013-04-19 at 08:19 AM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."