Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Not quite, Muslim attacks are a pretty recent thing and are much less common than you think, it's just the media plays up the Muslim thing.
    For the past 25 years the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks against America has been by Muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The brother said... it's being said though that the media will play down the muslim link as to not you know... cause hatred of other muslims because they're muslims.
    Alrighty....... Official source for that? Official as in confirmation by the authorities...
    As for everything I know:
    Throughout the day yesterday (and the days before) there were various tidbits of anecdotal information about the two guys. The only reliable source for any motive behind the entire thing is the second suspect. The younger brother who happened to have been captured finally last night.
    Now speaking in local time, since I live in the US, before I went to bed, I checked the news once again. There was nothing else reported anymore other than the naked fact.... Suspect captured and hospitalized in serious condition.
    This morning, when I got up, no further news so far about the suspect. At least he is still alive, which is good news. Because they needed him alive to get to the truth of the matters.
    And that situation has not changed yet.
    And until that boy hasn't said anything and revealed their motives, everything is pure speculation. And I prefer to step on the hatred brake. The anti-Muslim tendency in the USA is out of control. Those anti Muslims apparently have no clue how close to fascists they are. Too close to comfort in my books. And it makes them just as bad as the few Muslim extremists that hate all of us.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I am just annoyed with all this anti muslim shit, if a muslim commits an act of terror everyone focuses on the religion, if a white guy does it they blame everything else.
    I am just saying it's likely they were Muslims. Coming from an Islamic country plus it's said the older brother was a devout Muslim. Add to the fact that for the past quarter century we've almost been exclusively attacked by Muslims.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Alrighty....... Official source for that? Official as in confirmation by the authorities...
    Throughout the day yesterday (and the days before) there were various tidbits of anecdotal information about the two guys. The only reliable source for any motive behind the entire thing is the second suspect. The younger brother who happened to have been captured finally last night.
    Now speaking in local time, since I live in the US, before I went to bed, I checked the news once again. There was nothing else reported anymore other than the naked fact.... Suspect captured and hospitalized in serious condition.
    This morning, when I got up, no further news so far about the suspect. At least he is still alive, which is good news. Because they needed him alive to get to the truth of the matters.
    And until that boy hasn't said anything and revealed their motives, everything is pure speculation. And I prefer to step on the hatred brake. The anti-Muslim tendency in the USA is out of control. Those anti Muslims apparently have no clue how close to fascists they are. Too close to comfort in my books. And it makes them just as bad as the few Muslim extremists that hate all of us.
    This is like knowing we got bombed by an Afghanistanie and saying "Well we don't know that he's a Muslim"

Trend is if we get attacked it's likely a Muslim, oh look the guy also comes from an Islamic country. Turning around and then arguing that he's not a Muslim even though a few new sources say they know the older brother was. Notice they don't say this about the younger brother, likely because they don't have solid sources for him yet.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-04-20 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    For the past 25 years the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks against America has been by Muslims.
    That's incorrect.

You'd need to change that to the past 10 years, and even then - your domestic terror incidents far, far outweigh those few attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    That's incorrect.

You'd need to change that to the past 10 years, and even then - your domestic terror incidents far, far outweigh those few attacks.
    It's been 25 years, after the mid 80s when the FLAN thing stopped we started getting attacked mostly by Muslims in the late 80s through to today. I'm sitting here looking at a list of all our terrorist attacks from the late 1800s...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Here is a list of terrorist attacks in the USA.

Going by Themius's reckoning the majority of them from the past 25 years are predominately Islamic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori..._United_States

(It's wikipedia, but the listing of the attacks themselves are quite accurate)

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:42 PM ----------

It's been 25 years, after the mid 80s when the FLAN thing stopped we started getting attacked mostly by Muslims in the late 80s through to today. I'm sitting here looking at a list of all our terrorist attacks from the late 1800s...
    As am i, which is why im confused as to where these attacks are coming from that are forming your opinion.

Looking at the 90's to the 00's there were 2 attacks by radical Islamists.

And there far, far, far from being dominant.

Deleted
    29 out of 43 terrorist attacks in the USA since 1990 were NOT caused by muslims. I think your perception of things is a little blinkered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Russians... didn't see that one coming.
    Imagine if this had happened 50 years ago what the response would have been.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Imagine if this had happened 50 years ago what the response would have been.
    Most of the world wiped of human life.

29 out of 43 terrorist attacks in the USA since 1990 were NOT caused by muslims. I think your perception of things is a little blinkered.
    unless all 29 of those were some other specific demographic it's still safe to say that the largest group of terrorists that attack the us are islam

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like knowing we got bombed by an Afghanistanie and saying "Well we don't know that he's a Muslim"
    If an Afghan bombs us, he is likely a Muslim correct, because he happens to come from a country where that religion dominates. Doesn't mean shit in regards of his motive to be religiously driven or not.

Trend is if we get attacked it's likely a Muslim, oh look the guy also comes from an Islamic country. Turning around and then arguing that he's not a Muslim even though a few new sources say they know the older brother was. Notice they don't say this about the younger brother, likely because they don't have solid sources for him yet.
    Rich told you already that you are wrong with the likely Muslim. This may be true for the USA, but globally it's not.
    Ask the Brits who counts responsible for the vast amount of their terror events? The answer would be Irish are responsible.
    Ask the Spanish who is responsible.. The answer would be Spanish are.
    Ask the Germans, the answer would be either Left wing radicals or Neo Nazis are.
    And the list goes on and on and on.

You need to start to shift away from the islamic country as an approach... The right approach is to look at the region, and not religion.
    It's a hard truth, but a truth nonetheless. The Terrorism against the USA is entirely triggered by retaliation as motive.
    The extremists are using their religion as a shield, as an additional motivator to gain more support from the uneducated masses at their countries of origins.
    And the uneducated masses support... Exactly like the uneducated masses in the USA (or elsewhere) buy into the Anti-Muslim Bullshit.

With neutral Eyes I see zero difference. For all I can see is Men are Sheep, and if the story is good, it always works.
    I see humans falling for simple tricks, on both sides of the aisle.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    unless all 29 of those were some other specific demographic it's still safe to say that the largest group of terrorists that attack the us are islam
    Yes, i would agree with that statement, it is much more accurate than saying the majority of attacks are by muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Here is a list of terrorist attacks in the USA.

Going by Themius's reckoning the majority of them from the past 25 years are predominately Islamic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori..._United_States

(It's wikipedia, but the listing of the attacks themselves are quite accurate)

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:42 PM ----------

As am i, which is why im confused as to where these attacks are coming from that are forming your opinion.

Looking at the 90's to the 00's there were 2 attacks by radical Islamists.

And there far, far, far from being dominant.
    So what was the twa hijacking about, and the the us embassy bombing in lebanon, oh wait Islamics... Or well 9/11 that was 12 years ago now but to say just past 10 years you'd have to ignore the Hezbollah terrorist in the late 80s the pam am flight in 88 the 93 wtc bombings the attack at the cia in 93 the 96 khobar bombings 98 embassy bombing., the uss cole suicide attack, we all know9/11, riyadh compound bombing, in 03, the 03 damascus attack, 2012 embassy attack and likely this boston boming.

Themius, listen to your President. He was very clear last night: we must not rush to judgment, nor make assumptions about these people, their nationality, their religion, their backgrounds. That's why we have investigations and courts; that's why we have rule of law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting back to the manhunt thing: Since I'm in a good place to do it I will contact the Boston FBI and BPD and request the number by agency and department of how many people were involved.

I can tell you right now I know the following organizations were involved:

Boston PD: Obviously, they had the largest presence and committed the lion's share of the resources used during the manhunt.
    Mass. State Police: Same as BPD prettymuch as the host state.
    Mass. National Guard: They provided security in Boston immediately following the bombings. Said security was expanded to Cambridge and Watertown during the manhunt.
    FBI: They've been there since Monday. Once they got confirmation the suspect at large was indeed Suspect #2 (not gonna say his name, it's been said enough in the last 24 hours) they've been riding shotgun with the BPD and Watertown PD.
    U.S. Military: Hanscom Air Force Base is about 50 miles west of Boston. As we saw yesterday Blackhawk Helicopters were brought into Watertown in the final hours of the manhunt.
    Watertown PD: For almost 24 hours Watertown was under lockdown during the manhunt. Watertown PD, which knows the streets best helped officers, soldiers and agents navigate the city (Watertown is a CITY, not a town).
    Cambridge PD: They were there when it hit the fan Thursday night.
    MIT Police: No explaination needed.
    Baltimore PD: We can thank the media for this one >.>;
    Russian Security Agency: Same as above and investigators wanted to interview the Suspects' parents.
    Interpol: Apparently they put the brothers on the US' Radar in 2009. Once their identities were released yesterday they put all member nations on notice.

And the following Departments provided additional manpower and resources during the manhunt:

Dedham
    Chelsea
    Revere
    Belmont
    Arlington
    Waltham
    Lexington
    Brookline
    Newton
    Needham
    Milton
    Medford
    Malden
    Saugus
    Woburn
    Melrose
    Saugus

Like I kept saying yesterday, The Suspects invoked The Wrath of God
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I think the fact that these 2 punks parents fled back to Chechnya 6 months ago says a lot. The parents know alot more than they are saying. I'm betting on the fact the knew something, maybe not the whole plan but the knew the safest thing was for them to get out of the US. Why on earth would 2 parents who have a home, a business and all of their children leave the US to return to such a messed up place like Chechnya?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thephayul View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic...ttacks_by_date

Count those, even including the failed ones - there not the dominant demographic.

They definitely receive more publicity, but there not as frequent.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrori...ttacks_by_type)

And you can filter that, to suit your opinion of the dominant demographic responsible for attacks in america.

(Hint again, it's not muslims)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    another terrorist attack on behalf of Islam.. sad but true. He was a radical muslim.
    If he was a radical, an extremists that means he is out of norm, not an "average" Muslim. So, why did you describe it as an attack on behalf of Islam when the guy who committed the attack doesn't represent Islam in any way or form?

Deleted
    So what was the twa hijacking about, and the the us embassy bombing in lebanon, oh wait Islamics... Or well 9/11 that was 12 years ago now but to say just past 10 years you'd have to ignore the Hezbollah terrorist in the late 80s the pam am flight in 88 the 93 wtc bombings the attack at the cia in 93 the 96 khobar bombings 98 embassy bombing., the uss cole suicide attack, we all know9/11, riyadh compound bombing, in 03, the 03 damascus attack, 2012 embassy attack and likely this boston boming.
    I'm saying looking from the extremist islamics, in the 90s there were 3 attacks (give or take 1)

From the 00's onwards, it ballooned yes - but there still not the dominant faction...

You can list the attacks to further you *point* but looking through these lists, even in a cursory sense - proves you wrong.