Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    yes, what does terrorism achieve.

exactly what it sounds like. terror.

I'm not sure who did this yet but I am getting REAL tired of this shit. Once we find out who did it lets take our army to whatever pile of dirt they crawled out of and LEVEL IT TO THE GROUND. No rebuilding things, no making nice with the locals, burn it all and salt the earth where it stood so nothing can grow there roman empire style. Time to send a message. No more holding back on civilians bs either. You know what prevented war back in the day? The thought that your cities were going to get bombed, that your innocent people were going to be slaughtered by nukes. Worked pretty damn well. We should apply that logic to conventional weapons. It won't just be you that suffers. Apparently that kind of no holds bar warfare is what it takes to put maniacs down in the modern era.

So far city officials have asked everyone to stay home indoors. The Bruins have cancelled their game tonight. They are locking the city down.

yes, what does terrorism and causing people to be afraid achieve, how does that benefit them
    It's called "psychological warefare". Google it. Terrorism is just the more violent end of the spectrum of it's applications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    WHAT?

Terrorism.

"What do you get by scaring people though?"
    Puts people on edge, anarchy ensues.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Huh? I have been refreshing this thread almost every 2 minutes or less, and so far the only objectionable thing being fixed I have seen was the editing of a picture imbed.

So far, this thread has been remarkably civil / restrained, but I havent seen a rash of dissapearing posts or anything like that.
    There have been a few posts removed, I reported some of them myself.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlster View Post
    Wow a whole TWO people dead!?!? Holy smokes call in the brigades. There are thousands of people today that will die by much, much worse crimes yet nobody will know or shed a tear. And for the most part its children. Terrible event yes, but should not be flooding every source of information available, it just makes the people responsible and others like them motivated to do similiar things.

Just terrible how self centered the United States is along with their media. Glad I dont live there. Im going to go back and watch the international news for the rest of the day, you all should as well.

theres a big difference between indivually targetted crimes and explosions like this, aimed to kill/injure dozens of people.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I wonder how the left will react if it is the religion of peace again responsible for loss of American life.

See both sides can make stupid pointless statements of speculative blame.
    So what are you saying stupid? We should deport all American citizens that align themselves with the Muslim culture? Bet you would like to see your bigot friends grab Muslim children by the hair and throw them out of America. Just sick.

Flaming is not tolerated
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-15 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's very unlikely to be Korea, because their point isn't to hide their actions. They would have had a press release about their success hours ago. This most likely does not have a national tie, but are individuals expressing ideology in the most backwards and horrific way they can.
    Not necessarily. The North Korean government has historically conducted terror bombings without claiming responsibility. North Korean involvement in the Rangoon bombing and Korean Air Flight 858 bombing was only revealed after captured perpetrators eventually confessed.

[Informative point for those advocating water-boarding earlier in the thread: the South Koreans obtained a full confession from of one of the (extensively trained) Flight 858 bombers by treating her kindly, letting her watch television, and giving her a limited degree of supervised freedom on the streets of Seoul.]

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow a whole TWO people dead!?!? Holy smokes call in the brigades. There are thousands of people today that will die by much, much worse crimes yet nobody will know or shed a tear. And for the most part its children. Terrible event yes, but should not be flooding every source of information available, it just makes the people responsible and others like them motivated to do similiar things.

Just terrible how self centered the United States is along with their media. Glad I dont live there. Im going to go back and watch the international news for the rest of the day, you all should as well.
    It's climbing, and people are still in critical condition ... People have lost body parts ... The streets are covered in blood. I personally take a very deep interest in international events and I always grieve for other tragedies. Don't be a stereotyping ass ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Puts people on edge, anarchy ensues.
    And then we do stupid stuff like invade the wrong country and setting up the TSA.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I gotta give a shout out to the mods. This thread hasn't been nearly as civil as it appears, and the mods have done a bang-up job at corralling the most tasteless offenders.
    Please, just report any bad posts. We're doing our best as always.

10+ Year Old Account

If you're not interested, move on. Don't belittle the tragedy for the rest of us.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if posted already: Explicit Content.

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=2303076923001

Very clear and up close video of the explosion. This is fucking crazy.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yeah. The guy seems so calm about it. I guess being stressed and the adrenaline is kinda helping him keep his cool or something.
    Or his system is in shock from blood loss and the explosion. People in shock don't really react much. I didn't see the pic before his face was blurred so I can't really tell. Most of the more injured people seem to share that look in a way.

Edit: Anyone with family/friends in that area, I hope they're alright and thank you Majad and others for watching over this thread. Hopefully real answers will be had and appropriate action taken.
    Last edited by Bearfist; 2013-04-15 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, what does terrorism and causing people to be afraid achieve, how does that benefit them
    You are asking how someone who does not like you, will benefit by hurting you? The joy of seeing those you don't like in pain.....
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I'm not sure who did this yet but I am getting REAL tired of this shit. Once we find out who did it lets take our army to whatever pile of dirt they crawled out of and LEVEL IT TO THE GROUND. No rebuilding things, no making nice with the locals, burn it all and salt the earth where it stood so nothing can grow there roman empire style. Time to send a message. No more holding back on civilians bs either. You know what prevented war back in the day? The thought that your cities were going to get bombed, that your innocent people were going to be slaughtered by nukes. Worked pretty damn well. We should apply that logic to conventional weapons. It won't just be you that suffers. Apparently that kind of no holds bar warfare is what it takes to put maniacs down in the modern era.
    lets say this was a terrorist organisation (we dont know yet that it wasnt an American) do you think they care about the civilians in their home country? also, you're breaking several laws by bombing civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    nypost isn't exactly an authority to be trusted. they bullshit a lot.
    Yep. Why are people believe NYPost so easily. Their info is way off compared to all other reputable sources.

10+ Year Old Account

Location and expectation. Two words that can either blow a crime out or proportion or sink it to minute levels. But this process isn't necessarily unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I am not sure I could find a facepalm graphic massive enough to do justice to this post.

Also, it is abundantly clear that you have NO idea what motivates countries to go to war, or what motivates gorilla / insurgent organizations to do what they do.

A reprisal of the kind you are suggesting would be about the single stupidest thing ANYONE could do in the modern political world.

Also, it would be incredibly ironic if it turned out to be a homegrown nutjob from a nextreme right or left wing party affiliation group. Are you going to glass your own backyard then?
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-04-15 at 09:34 PM.