15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Actually, gay men in the US can't donate ever again after sexual activity.
    Wow really? And i thought Australia was bad for donation rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    right now somewhere on this Planet People are dying

Do you care ?
    This tiring argument needs to die.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't donate blood n' organs. .-. What is a part of me will remain part of me, even through death.

I intend to be burned upon a pyre, whole, without bits and pieces of me floating elsewhere. Kudos to the guys who don't mind bleeding out and being cut up for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.....

First question at the current press conference is some asshat asking whether or not this is a false flag attack...
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    In Finland being gay (or rather, having had male gay sex once in your lifetime) is a permanent obstruction to donating blood. O_o
    I know it has been up to debate in Sweden as well about how scewed this is but as far as I know it is still like that.
    A 5%(just as example, I dunno the real numbers) higher risk of some kind of contamination still equals millions of extra funding per year to test it that can be spent on actual care so it seems that it will stay unchanged. At least untill a shortage serious enough arrives.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    right now somewhere on this Planet People are dying

Do you care ?
    This argument again?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitterfly View Post
    I don't donate blood n' organs. .-. What is a part of me will remain part of me, even through death.

I intend to be burned upon a pyre, whole, without bits and pieces of me floating elsewhere. Kudos to the guys who don't mind bleeding out and being cut up for others.
    Though bits and pieces of you will float away as you burn...
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This tiring argument needs to die.
    It's somewhat of a valid argument.

I don't think he's saying it lessens the reality of Boston's event but rather that people tend to only care about something when sensationalized. I've noticed it too and it does irk me times, making me jaded as hell unfortunately.

I'm probably much quicker to come to the aid of a neighbor than injured or troubled individuals well out of my area of influence. It's why I won't be aiding the situation in Boston, though all the same I pity them and what they have to go through.

Deleted

You cut and shave your hair too. Donating blood isn't philosophically any different.

I have O- blood. I only donated once in my life. However, I think after work I will go donate. I'm pretty sure O- can be accepted by everyone but if I need blood I'm screwed... is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Though bits and pieces of you will float away as you burn...
    Ashes to ashes. :3 Just the way I like it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 08:06 PM ----------

You cut and shave your hair too. Donating blood isn't philosophically any different.
    My hair, hopefully, isn't being inserted into another person's body. o_o

15+ Year Old Account
    It's somewhat of a valid argument.

I don't think he's saying it lessens the reality of Boston's event but rather that people tend to only care about something when sensationalized. I've noticed it too and it does irk me times, making me jaded as hell unfortunately.

I'm probably much quicker to come to the aid of a neighbor than injured or troubled individuals well out of my area of influence. It's why I won't be aiding the situation in Boston, though all the same I pity them and what they have to go through.
    It is an asshat argument. A valid argument would be why not care of them all, instead of fuck it I dont care about any. *shrug*
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Lol.....

First question at the current press conference is some asshat asking whether or not this is a false flag attack...
    If it was a false flag attack, did the reporter think the conspirators would reveal it just because he asked?

Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    39 months here.

I was told a minimum of 2 years before I can give blood again. Sux because I used to suppliment my income by giving blood. 300$ a month
    you cannot give blood twice a week. you can donate PLASMA twice a week, but they return the blood cells to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
    I have O- blood. I only donated once in my life. However, I think after work I will go donate. I'm pretty sure O- can be accepted by everyone but if I need blood I'm screwed... is that right?
    pretty much :P

i however am set - AB+
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Baratheon View Post
    Yeah pretty much. Anyone one can accept O- blood. But someone with O- can only receive O-.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it was a false flag attack, did the reporter think the conspirators would reveal it just because he asked?

Wtf.
    Heh, I had to google it.
    False flag attacks occur when government engages in covert operations designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations seem as if they are being carried out by other entities.

Never heard the expression before and I suspected it was not flying a french flag or whatever on a pirate ship and then raise the Jolly Roger 100 feet away

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Heh, I had to google it.

Never heard the expression before and I suspected it was not flying a french flag or whatever on a pirate ship and then raise the Jolly Roger 100 feet away
    it's the popular boogieman of conspiracy theorists, its all the rage now
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It is an asshat argument. A valid argument would be why not care of them all, instead of fuck it I dont care about any. *shrug*
    I think you missed the point. We tend to ignore crimes and tragedies in our neighborhoods while clamoring over issues abroad because the media puts more emphasis on them. It's like we get farsighted because our gaze is constantly turned elsewhere rather than keeping in touch with what's going on around us.

At least, that's what I took away from it. Maybe that's not what he meant?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you missed the point. We tend to ignore crimes and tragedies in our neighborhoods while clamoring over issues abroad because the media puts more emphasis on them. It's like we get farsighted because our gaze is constantly turned elsewhere rather than keeping in touch with what's going on around us.

At least, that's what I took away from it. Maybe that's not what he meant?
    Ah sorry, yea if that is what he meant I agree, it is pretty obvious.
    The interesting part is that in todays world my area(my town) kinda extended to every western world country or further for most people if not further.