Poll: Which faction deserves to kill Garrosh more?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Like I said above, this isn't about who we think will get the killing blow, but which faction deserves it more.

I'd also disagree about the Alliance not suffering anything. Theramore was mana bombed, the people of Gilneas driven from their homes, Ashenvale attacked time and time again. You can make the case that Garrosh has inflicted more suffering on the Horde, but to say the Alliance has suffered nothing over these last two expansions isn't quite true.
    Gilneas wasn't an alliance city at the time of the invasion.

Deleted
    Actually, I just realized something. Nobody 'deserves' the kill, because then it would be a kill out of vengeance.

Now that we've learned that the Dark Heart of Pandaria is taken out of Pandaria and probably stashed away in Ragefire Chasm, it becomes impossible to let negative emotions overwhelm people as they siege Orgrimmar. If they do that, they will simply be taken by the Sha.

So the only way they can win against Garrosh is if they show mercy. The only way Garrosh can die at this point, is if he is possessed and doesn't back down from anything and thus someone kills him out of defense. But let me repeat myself, killing him out of 'justice' or vengeance won't happen. So nobody deserves the kill.

Never understood why people do alli vs horde polls on mmochamp, Its quite obvious horde players are the only ones that really care about lore.

Id much rather see a alliance character do the deed though to bring some finality to the war, Horde character killing him after some desperate rebellion would be more of a insult to the horde then anything.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2013-04-16 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrv451nlp View Post
    Never understood why people do alli vs horde polls on mmochamp, Its quite obvious horde players are the only ones that really care about lore.
    Which, if true, is a symptom not a cause; Blizzard has driven away a lot of Alliance lore-fans with their awful writing from an Alliance standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which, if true, is a symptom not a cause; Blizzard has driven away a lot of Alliance lore-fans with their awful writing from an Alliance standpoint.
    Ofcourse his point isn't true, it's a load of rubbish. But you're point I agree with notably because that's the situation I'm in atm. I want to resub and have a great story to play though but this new stuff just doesn't seem great at all, there's Blood in the Snow which looks great but besides that there's nothing and this is given there are two Horde story pov scenarios as the icing on the cake with the questline issue.

Deleted
    Horde Deserve it, how ever I would like to see the Alliance get the kill, With Jania dealing the killing blow for what Garrosh done to Theramore, At which point she then hands her self over to the Horde for them to pass judgment on her.

This way
    - Jania gets revenge for Theramore
    - The Horde get a new leader whilst keeping their hands clean from the dirty work of Coup d'état, and have the decision on how to punish the killer of their previous war-chief.
    - The Alliance get some decent lore in the expansion
    - The imprisonment / execution of Jania (depending on what they deiced to do) can be used a catalyst to further increase tension between the factions.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-04-16 at 01:29 PM.

Horde sink their teeth into alliance characters quite deeper then I've seen any alliance.

Alliance players just play spectator to events around them, When they finally do some damage to the horde it wont even be the real horde and even if they do have a significant role in garroshes demise (doubtful) it would just be a hollow victory.

Why should alliance care about lore? Its like having a girlfriend that keeps cheating on you.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2013-04-16 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be a team effort? Jaina and Thrall blast him with the elements, Vol'jin and Varian engage him in melee and land the killing blows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Could be a team effort? Jaina and Thrall blast him with the elements, Vol'jin and Varian engage him in melee and land the killing blows.
    Honestly, it really doesn't matter who gets the KB at this juncture; the snowball has become an avalanche, so to speak. SoO will represent the culmination of a Horde-centric storyline in which they get rid of their tyrannical leader with the Alliance tagging along for help.

Still waiting for the promised "fist-pump" moment for Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Horde.
    It really should be dealt with at its core, our problem.. there's going to be enough fallout afterwards.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I'm going to make the case for the Alliance deserving it more.

What is it that's incited rebellion from the Horde?

1. The blood elves being pushed too hard and taking high casualties digging for mogu stuff.
    2. The Dalaran incident. (Blood elves blame garrosh as much as jaina for this apparantly)
    3. Assassination attempt on Vol'jin and putting the darkspear under martial law for fear of rebellion.
    4. Kor'kron secret police.

While the Alliance have the following:

1. The mana bombinb of Theramore.
    2. Multiple attempts to drive the night elves from their ancestral lands, including both direct invasions into Ashenvale and driving the Shatterspear Trolls into taking advantage of the Cataclysm to try and take Darkshore.
    3. The attempted invasion of Stormwind.
    4. Crippling Anduin. (Mostly a personal thing for Varian.)
    5. Sending the Horde into Gilneas, driving an entire nation from their homes, men women and children. Sure, he told Sylvannas not to use the plague, but he was still the one behind the invasion.

For the above reasons, number 1 2 and 5 especially, and considering Garrosh has been an enemy of the Alliance since Cata where as only recently has the Horde finally started to fight him, I'd say he's more an enemy of the Alliance than the Horde, and is not simply a 'horde problem.'

Deleted
    Vol'jin will deal the final blow and decapitate Garrosh's head and make a trophy of it

Horde: it's our problem.
    But i think the horde and the alliance have to raid together for the next expansion.

Still waiting for the promised "fist-pump" moment for Alliance.
    Spoilers

Your alliance player character will lose a hand, Then the hand is De-boned and turned into a literal step pump.

Goblins will take it and use it refill their zeppelin balloons full of air.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2013-04-16 at 02:07 PM.

Neither. I think the old gods will turn on him and it will be a combined effort of the horde and alliance.

Neither.

Deathwing comes back, kills him then leaves.

Deleted
    With a new expansion in mind. I think someone unexpected will finish him off.

Horde can only get out of this conflict if they take care of Garrosh themselves. I guess the alliance has suffered the most, but it's not just about the past. If the alliance is the key to the fall of garrosh's orgrimmar, the horde will suffer a brand of impotence forever. In my view, I think that Thrall should take responsibility for the mistake of making this monster warchief in the first place by putting him into the ground. If vol'jin and baine are the only representatives of the "good horde" in this battle, I will be very disappointed. Yes, thrall has had his time in the spotlight, but if he should be present at anything going on in the world, it should be this. What the hell could be more important?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm going to make the case for the Alliance deserving it more.

What is it that's incited rebellion from the Horde?

1. The blood elves being pushed too hard and taking high casualties digging for mogu stuff.
    2. The Dalaran incident. (Blood elves blame garrosh as much as jaina for this apparantly)
    3. Assassination attempt on Vol'jin and putting the darkspear under martial law for fear of rebellion.
    4. Kor'kron secret police.

While the Alliance have the following:

1. The mana bombinb of Theramore.
    2. Multiple attempts to drive the night elves from their ancestral lands, including both direct invasions into Ashenvale and driving the Shatterspear Trolls into taking advantage of the Cataclysm to try and take Darkshore.
    3. The attempted invasion of Stormwind.
    4. Crippling Anduin. (Mostly a personal thing for Varian.)
    5. Sending the Horde into Gilneas, driving an entire nation from their homes, men women and children. Sure, he told Sylvannas not to use the plague, but he was still the one behind the invasion.

For the above reasons, number 1 2 and 5 especially, and considering Garrosh has been an enemy of the Alliance since Cata where as only recently has the Horde finally started to fight him, I'd say he's more an enemy of the Alliance than the Horde, and is not simply a 'horde problem.'
    there are many more reasons for the horde side, including vol'jin's fight with garrosh on early cata, cairne's death on pre-cata, garrosh spending sylvanas' forces as if they were expendable and than calling her a bitch, the underpayment of goblins in 5.3, et cetera.

but all those reasons can be summarized in 2, one for each faction:

horde - garrosh is breaking the horde apart;
    alliance - garrosh has been hitting the alliance far too much with dishonorable and dangerous tactics;
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde. To set in stone that we did NOT want Garrosh as our leader if he went off the deep end like he has.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone will actually wait to kill him. Either he simply dies in the heat of the battle, or he dies because of his own coruption. I honestly doubt it anyone is going to hesitate on killing Garrosh just because "someone deserves it more" to kill him.