Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    With all the things like, Stun Metas, Orc shamans on every team past 2k. You wouldn't really expect 0.5 seconds of a stun to do much at that point.

Changes are warranted honestly. It's just 1 second. Hopefully at this rate they'll just baseline some of the glyphs 90% of players take.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    anyone knows if slice and dice affects shuriken toss auto attacks ?
    Yes, of course.

The nerf to Shuriken Toss isn't "bad", I was hitting for 80k ST's on the PTR with full PvP power gems and no CDs.. Rogues are a better ranged class than Hunters hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    The nerf to Shuriken Toss isn't "bad", I was hitting for 80k ST's on the PTR with full PvP power gems and no CDs.. Rogues are a better ranged class than Hunters hahahaha.
    This number is entirely out of my experience.

On live (and the ST on live hits the same as the PTR ST) in full pvp gear I hit a target dummy for like 20k max. This is without my on-use trinket active, but even assuming you mean you were CRITTING 80k, that's still out of line (my crits were like 36k on the dummy). Saying that this is happening on players is even MORE silly. If I assume find weakness plus a crit plus pvp power times .35 for resil, I'm looking at barely breaking 30k versus an actual player.

Please give some evidence as to how you arrive at this number. I simply believe you are confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    This number is entirely out of my experience.

On live (and the ST on live hits the same as the PTR ST) in full pvp gear I hit a target dummy for like 20k max. This is without my on-use trinket active, but even assuming you mean you were CRITTING 80k, that's still out of line (my crits were like 36k on the dummy). Saying that this is happening on players is even MORE silly. If I assume find weakness plus a crit plus pvp power times .35 for resil, I'm looking at barely breaking 30k versus an actual player.

Please give some evidence as to how you arrive at this number. I simply believe you are confused.
    He's critting for 80k on the ptr because it still does double dmg over 10yards. There hasn't been a build since they said they were going to take the double dmg away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post
    anyone knows if slice and dice affects shuriken toss auto attacks ?
    It does.

Also, MfD isn't ONLY damage. It can actually be alot more powerful than a single 60k strike.

Focus Healer --> MfD --> Kidney --> kill target or switch to healer for example

2 x 100k evis is awesome though.

However I will prefer Shuriken Toss vs Ring Of Peace or ranged comps though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriar View Post
    Focus Healer --> MfD --> Kidney --> kill target or switch to healer for example

2 x 100k evis is awesome though.

However I will prefer Shuriken Toss vs Ring Of Peace or ranged comps though.
    ST doesn't even work in RoP though..

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    This SO much. Marked for Death is now going to be used across the board, which at the end of the day is probably going to make the "Waah, that rogue was in my frost ring and threw shurikens at me and didnt die, rogues are OP" crowd cry even more.

In its current form it IS op, but the nerfs are ott.

At the end of the day IT IS a final tree talent. It is meant to be powerful.

With these nerfs ST is looking more like something that should probably be baseline. I'm just dreading an incoming MfD nerf to try and make Shuriken Toss actually competitive with it after this :/
    Yup, I switched to MfD 2 weeks after the 5.2 and was happy that ST was taking all the heat. MfD's nerf is going to come and will hit hard that's for sure... Oh well we'll probably enjoy it until 5.4 until they put a 3 min timer on it...
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    MfD isn't OP when it's not used for damage. The fact that it can be used to cast 2 eviscerates in a row is the only thing wrong with it tbh.

Honestly I don't see it as being worse than certain abilities (mind you not lvl 90 talents) such has Deep Freeze timed with 2 ice lances for instance. Anyway, we'll see.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    Honestly I don't see it as being worse than certain abilities (mind you not lvl 90 talents) such has Deep Freeze timed with 2 ice lances for instance. Anyway, we'll see.
    In and itself no, but due to the fact that we are not mages, it kinda is.

yup that's true

Shuriken Toss no longer does double damage to far away targets.

RIP shuriken toss

should have just made it x 1.5 instead on top of the combo point generation nerf
    Last edited by JIMM-; 2013-04-18 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    ST doesn't even work in RoP though..
    Idd it doenst, but get out of the ring and you can still hurt the target

Deleted
    Be ok if it was baseline but after the nerfs it's pretty much useless as a talent choice save for some very specific uses.

they reverted the cheap shot glyph nerf apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriar View Post
    Idd it doenst, but get out of the ring and you can still hurt the target
    Not really worth it, imo

Unless the combo is with like a Hunter or a Mage or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu View Post
    MfD's nerf is going to come and will hit hard that's for sure... Oh well we'll probably enjoy it until 5.4 until they put a 3 min timer on it...
    yeah or it will automatically add 2 points to the target instead :/

...for 60 energy
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

shhh don't give them ideas!!!